My Personal Pocket Notebook

You mention "pocket size", how does that compare to the Moleskine line, for example?

Will there be a bookmark ribbon? How about a "ticket pocket"?

Hi Pirski,

The size is slightly larger than the Moleskine pocket notebooks. It does not share any of the Moleskine features however I designed in a couple features I find useful.

Please email me your mailing address and I will mail you a book.

CTF

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ctf

• jimhughes

• jniforat

• CatBookMom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds very interesting. I'll echo the prior requests for photos, writing samples, etc, and of course all the great questions about the paper (lined? blank? type? etc).

Here's a question I didn't see above: will it have an elastic band to keep it closed, like Webbies do?

Hi GreenVelvet,

I am planning to upload a writing sample later today. It will not have an elastic to keep it closed but it does have a few other unique features that I like to use and hope others will like.

Please email me your mailing address and I will mail you out a book.

CTF

Are your notebooks stitched or stapled? I've not found the "right" pocket notebook as yet and look forward to seeing the one you have designed.

Hi USMCMom,

The books are saddle stitched (stapled).

Please email me your mailing address and I will mail you a book.

CTF

Hello Everybody,

I wish to thank everyone so far for their interest in my pocket notebook. Later today I will upload a writing sample. For now I am off to the office.

CTF

Wish I believed in a free lunch.... but then again I do believe in the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa Clause so it isn't a total loss.

Look forward to seeing some photos. always looking for the alternatives to my currently used clairefontaine Life Unplugged Pocket Duos.... and a rubberband...

Look forward to the updates and reviews and photos.

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

Will I be able to draw in them--No lines? How thick is the paper--Ok for a light watercolor wash?

www.stevelightart.com

:thumbup: CTF

What were those "features" you wrote about? Have you "back pocket" tested yours for any length of time?

Edited by kenmc

Ken McDaniel

<")}}}>><(

Hello FPN members!

I am excited to announce I have started production on a unique pocket notebook that I designed for daily use with my first and only fountain pen, The Pelikan M215.

In the near future, I would like to advertise them in the "for sale" section of the forum, but according to my interpretation of the forum rules I am unable to do so until I have at least 30 posts. Because I only have 7 posts on the forum, I thought that maybe I could invite questions about my notebook to gain the 23 posts I require. To those first 23 adventurous members I will return a "teaser style" reply. Also, I will mail one of my notebooks to the first 23 members who sent questions my way, and they would then be invited to send me their feedback if inclined to do so. The books will be mailed at the same time to the 23 participants. I appreciate the opportunity to share this with you and look forward to answering your questions.

Note to moderators: I hope I am not breaking any rules of the forum. I apologize in advance if I am.

CTF

I'm a serious notebook junkie, always willing to try a new style. I'm sending a PM to you now. Thanks. Love your initiative!

What is the rag (cotton) content of the paper? Is it acid free?

politician and idiot are synonymous terms - Mark Twain

Can you be a bit more specific please about the weight of the paper? You said that the covers would be flexible, and someone else asked if you had pocket tested them. Are the covers durable? Do they resist scratching? I know that I'm not easy on notebooks, like many FPNers, and some have covers that scratch easily when rubbing against other items in my bag. Also, I may have missed this, but will the paper be really white, soft white, offwhite, cream? I look forward to seeing the pics.

Wish I believed in a free lunch.... but then again I do believe in the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny and Santa Clause so it isn't a total loss.

Look forward to seeing some photos. always looking for the alternatives to my currently used clairefontaine Life Unplugged Pocket Duos.... and a rubberband...

Look forward to the updates and reviews and photos.

Hi Farseer911,

Thanks for your message, I appreciate your interest. please email me your mailing address and I will indeed mail out your free lunch...I mean pocket book!

CTF

Will I be able to draw in them--No lines? How thick is the paper--Ok for a light watercolor wash?

Hi Stevlight,

I chose a heavy 118g text paper that I find works excellent for drawing because of the opacity. I think I have some water colors around and will try to upload a sample once I am finished replying to everyone.

Please email me your mailing address and I will mail you out a book.

CTF

Do they have lines? Is there an option for grid paper, or will they just come in the one format

Hi OCDGuy,

The book only comes in blank pages as that is how I like my notebook to be for drawing and writing. I hope people will find it useful.

please email me your mailing address and I will mail you a book to try.

CTF

As a notebook addict, i am thrilled to see another come on the market. Is the cover flush with the paper, like moleskin, or is it a little over lapping, like picadilly? Also, what kind of price-range are you thinking?

Your idea sounds interesting but I am curious about the number of pages in the notebook. You indicate a heavier paper that is thicker and that normally means fewer sheets for any given thickness of notebook. Do you believe your version will offer more value for the price than any of the others on the market? And speaking of price, do you have a projected price for the notebook?

What method of distribution do you plan? Your web site only? Selected web vendors? B&M?

Not that I a am a notebook junkie or anything, but I suspect one will join my growing hoard.

:thumbup: CTF

What were those "features" you wrote about? Have you "back pocket" tested yours for any length of time?

Hi Kenmc,

To keep the mystery alive until the book is finished and mailed out to members like you that are helping me get to 30 posts, I do not want to give to give the features away yet. All I will say is that one feature I think is very useful and the other is a quirky thing I like to do.

Please email me your mailing address and I will mail a book to you.

CTF

Hello FPN members!

I am excited to announce I have started production on a unique pocket notebook that I designed for daily use with my first and only fountain pen, The Pelikan M215.

In the near future, I would like to advertise them in the "for sale" section of the forum, but according to my interpretation of the forum rules I am unable to do so until I have at least 30 posts. Because I only have 7 posts on the forum, I thought that maybe I could invite questions about my notebook to gain the 23 posts I require. To those first 23 adventurous members I will return a "teaser style" reply. Also, I will mail one of my notebooks to the first 23 members who sent questions my way, and they would then be invited to send me their feedback if inclined to do so. The books will be mailed at the same time to the 23 participants. I appreciate the opportunity to share this with you and look forward to answering your questions.

Note to moderators: I hope I am not breaking any rules of the forum. I apologize in advance if I am.

CTF

I'm a serious notebook junkie, always willing to try a new style. I'm sending a PM to you now. Thanks. Love your initiative!

Hi CatBookMom,

Thanks for your kind words!

I did receive your PM and will mail you a book.

CTF

What is the rag (cotton) content of the paper? Is it acid free?

Hi UltraMagnus,

The text paper as far as I know does not have any cotton. I do know that it is acid free and the fibre is made from 100% post consumer waste.

Please email me your address so I can mail you out a book.

CTF

Can you be a bit more specific please about the weight of the paper? You said that the covers would be flexible, and someone else asked if you had pocket tested them. Are the covers durable? Do they resist scratching? I know that I'm not easy on notebooks, like many FPNers, and some have covers that scratch easily when rubbing against other items in my bag. Also, I may have missed this, but will the paper be really white, soft white, offwhite, cream? I look forward to seeing the pics.

Hi Funkypeanut,

My notebook is a soft cover pocket notebook and the cover can be written on and is tear resistant. I cannot tear it with my hands. it will not be scratch resistant though and will develop a "patina" (depending on how its used of course) which I personally think looks cool. For the color of the text I would call it soft white.

Please email me and I will mail out a sample to you.

CTF