Montblanc Boutique In Toronto

Portia

I sorry to hear that you're having problems with this boutique. I love the service that I get from them. I've given them my 145 in the past for a slight tweak. Currently I have a Starwalker with them, and I'm still within the five to ten business day wait, so I'm not worried.

Do talk to the manager, he's a nice man. If you have the time, show up in person; they'll try their hardest to make sure you leave happy.

Also, don't let them get away with blaming it on the service centre. They are the ONLY boutique in Canada, and they should be interacting with the service centre on your behalf.

If they try passing it off again, ask them what they can do. They will likely say they will phone the service centre, etc. Then ask them what will happen if they still can't find the pen. This is where you suggest a replacement if the pen isn't found in X number of days.

Hope you get this sorted out quickly!

PR&G

Thank you - I fear having to take a replacement, because I don't think the 144 pens they have in their shop is actually as good as the one I had.

Hmmm, you must have used it for quite a few years I'm guessing. It's been two months, so I think chances are pretty slim by now that they'll find it and return it. Did your pen have a serial number on it? If it doesn't it may also be why it is so difficult to find your pen. Whether you accept the replacement or not, I hope you walk away form all this satisfied.

PR&G

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Portia

• PigRatAndGoat

• meiers

• JLS1

The boutique cannot in their right minds be giving you the runaround, unless their business plan includes driving away customers.

Tell the manager of the boutique you expect them to give you a replacement pen from their shop inventory without further delay. If you don't get satisfaction, contact Montblanc North America and make your displeasure known, first by phone, and then a follow-up letter confirming all the details and a summary of the phone call. Unhappy customers do so much damage!

Fred

I'm a bit embarrassed to say the salesman there did offer me my choice of the 144's they have in their shop - but then, none was as good as mine was. It's been frustrating, 2 months of back and forth, I've been 4 times to the shop now as they keep returning the pen asking the repair shop to look again ... and they don't offer "user pens" while they do that, so I've been without a fountain pen most of the time which has impeded me in my work. Maybe I'm becoming neurotic about it by now. I haven't yet accepted that it is gone, and I don't know how that could have happened.

I do feel for you - I have a 20+ year old Parker Vector BP that I bought in Australia and was my first 'good' pen. (OK, stop snickering...I was a recent Uni graduate on a working holiday visa.) That pen accompanied me across 3 continents and multiple jobs and I've become quite attached to it, even if it is now kind of scratched up (my cat liked to play with it) and the plastic top's been damaged.

During one of my recent jobs, I was in a warehouse collecting information for a user manual and put my pen down on one of the pallets...and forgot it until I needed it a few days later. (in my defense, I was busy and just met my soon-to-be wife...love can do weird things to pen nuts.) I went back to the warehouse but the pallet that I had put my pen on was shipped to a customer. I met one of the warehouse guys who asked me what I was doing there and I told him about my pen. Turned out that he had found it and my Parker was now sitting in a cracked coffee mug on his desk.

I can't tell you how happy I was to be reunited with my old friend. The value of that Parker ballpoint was probably close to zero for anyone else, but to me it was priceless.

With that story in mind, I hope you either get your pen back or get something comparable.

Regards,

Justin

Oh wow sorry to hear about your experiences with them! I've only had one dealing with them and though I want to return, I haven't had the courage to go back. It was a number of years ago when I went to have a medium nib swapped for an EF on a pen gifted to me by my grandparents for graduation. I remember it took a while to get it back (and given that I had only - JUST - finished my undergrad degree, I don't think they were too pleased to see me in their frou-frou Yorkville boutique). :P

In rotation:

Mont Blanc Noblesse Marble Blue Laquer EF

Sailor Recruit Fine

Pilot Cavalier w/ J. Herbin Violette Pensée

Uniball Signos 0.38mm (Gasp! Not FPs, I know!) ;)