Parker Quink Blue-Black

carpedavid

I'm in Ireland, so I got mine form the UK. Here are images of the old and new packaging, which may help....

The old version...

fpn_1556090914__quink_old.png

And the new one...

fpn_1556090941__quink_new_.jpg

✒️ :happyberet:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cubic archon

• Dino71

• Mercian

• aurore

Is it available in the US? Where did you guys get yours. I looked on amazon but I can’t tell which is which. How do you know its the new stuff?

It must be available in the US, as Parker overhauled their whole line, packaging, pen designs, ink formulas apparently..

I got mine in a brick and mortar shop, as I didn't trust for Amazon or a seller to send me the new stuff, going B&M was also cheaper on top of that and I knew exactly what I'd get.

If B&M isn't an option and you want to try the new BlBl, then contact a selller and ask them whether they have the new ink and to send you that, not the old stuff.

You could say "the new silver box (with the royal warrants on them)", as seen in gmax's pics above.

Edited by Olya

Good review, one of my favorite inks.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thanks for clarifying Olya and Gmax the photos were very helpful. I’ll start asking around. I’d like to try this stuff.

• 1 year later...

I have some cartridges of Quink Blue/Black bought in 2019 from W.H. Smiths. They are the old type. I absolutely hate teal. I was using the Parker cartridges in a Yiren pen which had a Lamy 'M' nib on Clairefontaine paper. I hurled the rest of the cartridges into the bin

I solved the matter by buying a 4 fl oz jar of the old Super Quink Bl/Blk with Solv-X.

But if buying vintage ink seems a little too risky, then Herbin Bleu des Profondeurs is very close indeed to the old type. They don't have it in the 100ml bottles - I checked. It's a new colour. I haven't tried to get the latest Quink Blue/Black in bottled ink as I have no need of it for the immediate future!

It looks like this Amazon offer is for the reformulated Blue-Black, judging from the box. https://www.amazon.com/PARKER-QUINK-Ink-Bottle-Blue-Black/dp/B000J61TIM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=parker+quink+blue-black+ink&qid=1592682068&sr=8-1

I checked my usual place -- Vanness -- but can't tell which version they sell. Would need to call them.

EBay does not have any of the art-deco Quink bottles, but here is a 1950's (I'd guess) bottle of Blue-Black. Priced up near the luxury inks, but it is. (I have Blue in this bottle. Some has evaporated, making a saturated dark blue with a powerful smell of Solv-X)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parker-Quink-Solv-x-Permanent-Blue-Black-Ink-Bottle-Box-1950s-2-oz-90-Full/303423890843?hash=item46a579259b:g:6LkAAOSw-mteCPBj

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

Yep, that's the new formula's box. The reformulation is not recent. So, unless you buy from somewhere with extremely slow rotation, it'd be very hard to find the old formula.

I've used the old one and currently using a bottle of the new blue black. Both are very nice inks in my eyes. New one is on the more neutral side, but it's not boring in any way and behaves very very well.

• 2 months later...

If anyone wants to be sure which version they will be getting before buying the ink, Parker helpfully changed the SKU of the products when they changed the ink’s formulation.

Any retailer will be able to check the SKU of the product that they have in stock before you buy it.

If you are picking a bottle up in a bricks-and-mortar shop, you can find it; as part of the number that is printed underneath the barcode on the packaging.

E.g. late last year I bought a bottle of Quink ‘Blue’. The Parker website lists its SKU as 1950376. The number under the barcode on its packaging is 3 501179 503769.

In bottles, the older formula (that fades and turns to teal on papers that contain sulphites) has the SKU 1950381.
The bottles of the new formula blue/black have the SKU 1950378.

In Parker’s long cartridges, the older stuff has the SKU 1950403.

If you want the new version blue/black in Parker’s long cartridges, the SKU is 1950385.

Happy hunting :thumbup:

[Aggrieved Aside]
If you are trying to order your ink in the short cartridges that are made by Parker, I’m afraid that I cannot help you.
Parker’s appallingly-bad, released while it was still only-half-built, website for the UK doesn’t even acknowledge that those exist.
Like Parker’s converters, as far as the (UK) Parker website is concerned, the short Parker cartridges are un-persons :wallbash:

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Mercian, thank you a thousand times, that's a great help!

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

• 1 month later...

So, this week I bought some cartridges of the current (as of October 2020) formulation of Quink Blue/Black.

Parker have ‘helpfully’ put a different barcode/SKU on the outside of the point-of-sale blister pack in which the actual box of cartridges can be found...

Photograph of front of the packaging:

fpn_1602176169__6241056a-8dce-4c35-be53-

Photograph of rear of packaging:

fpn_1602176436__45751bf8-c377-40da-af15-

I hope that this information is helpful.

Cheers,

M.

mini-postcard-exc.png

So, this week I bought some cartridges of the current (as of October 2020) formulation of Quink Blue/Black.

Parker have helpfully put a different barcode/SKU on the outside of the point-of-sale blister pack in which the actual box of cartridges can be found...

Photograph of front of the packaging:

fpn_1602176169__6241056a-8dce-4c35-be53-

Photograph of rear of packaging:

fpn_1602176436__45751bf8-c377-40da-af15-

I hope that this information is helpful.

Cheers,

M.

Thank you! So how do you like it?

Preferably EU.

Thank you! So how do you like it?

I have put my initial observations in to the thread underneath the review of the new version of the ink by bokaba.

My initial remarks about it are in this post.

I intend to put any follow-up remarks in to that thread as well. I don’t have a working scanner, or photo-calibration targets, so I am a bit wary of doing my own Review (plus my handwriting is poor). But who knows? I might post a poorly-photographed ‘mini review’ once I’ve used this ink for a bit longer and learned more about it :)

mini-postcard-exc.png

I have put my initial observations in to the thread underneath the review of the new version of the ink by bokaba.

My initial remarks about it are in this post.

I intend to put any follow-up remarks in to that thread as well. I dont have a working scanner, or photo-calibration targets, so I am a bit wary of doing my own Review (plus my handwriting is poor). But who knows? I might post a poorly-photographed mini review once Ive used this ink for a bit longer and learned more about it :)

Thank you! I have just read it. So far sounds like an extended antonym of a "great ink" :)

Preferably EU.