Two Danitrios

watch_art

gallery_41188_9_61646.jpg

So a super kind FPNer somewhere out there in the real world offered up a couple of pens for me to play with for a while, and I super quick jumped on the opportunity. I mean, when else am I gonna get to play with a couple of fine pens like these?

So the Danis. Wow. They're definitely beautiful pens, with great nibs, although a bit firm to be used in a flexy sense. Wondering why they used 18K though. Isn't 14k better for flexy nibs? I think my favorite part about them is the finish, not the colors so much, but the way they FEEL. Holy cow are they slick and smooth. I don't even know what to compare them to. Just a pleasure to hold. These would be great pens to use while plagued with writer's block b/c you could just sit there and pet the pens. :D

I liked the flow on the blue green with the M nib better, but I like the variation that the fine nib gives more. It was more obvious without much effort. I ran through a load of ink, kind of unhappy with it, and changed to Lexington Gray before I started to really enjoy this one. It's amazing the difference an ink can make in the way a pen writes. That's what I ran into with the F nibbed Dani. It just hated the first two inks I ran through it. Black swan in Australian roses, then PR Rose something (I think), then the Lexington. Huge difference. I don't really like gray, but the way it felt on paper was amazing after the ink change. The M nibbed Dani, the pale blue, loved Noodler's Aircorp Blue Black from the get-go. That's a lovely dark green. Might have to get a bottle after my sample runs out. Holy cow.

The black Dani is ebonite with a Raden dragonfly. The pale blue Dani is an urushi finished in the 'Hanazono' method.

THey're the same size as a 149 (more or less, but very close) with a smaller sized nib. Honestly, I really like that a lot better. When I got the 149 I thought that huge nib would be so much fun, but mostly it's kinda no big deal. I really like this nib size, like the Edison line, in relation to a pen this size. Very comfortable.

These two beauties are about to go back home, so I'm going to do a bit more doodling with them tonight. Especially that magical M nibbed blue beast.

If I had the money for a pen in whatever price range these are in (no clue what they cost brand new) I think I'd just pick different colors. Maybe a matte black or some kind of urushi finish with red and black swirlies. The sparkles and blue color don't really speak to me. It's amazing what the color of a pen can do to you. You can have the most amazing writing pen, with the fugliest finish, and hate it. I got rid of a rare Pilot Custom for just that reason. Wish I'd have kept it though, but you get my point.

And of course I'd load the barrels up with ink and toss the converters. :P

THis picture is so shameful it's going to the bottom...

gallery_41188_9_28798.jpg

Edited by watch_art

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• alvarez57

• Thornton

• ethernautrix

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been considering a Danitrio for a while. Everybody that has one seems to love them. If I'm not mistaken they can get pricey. I've been waiting for one to show up in the marketplace that suits my needs.

Thanks for telling us about these pens. I always enjoy your reviews.

Edited by Thornton

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

There's a black one in the FS forums from Hari317. Black. Eyedropper with the shutoff valve I think.

Ohhhhh boy. My heart says yes, but my wallet says, "I can't take much more of this!!!"

Sell something you already have to help fund it. You gotta feed the beast!

True, true. Most of my more expensive pens have been purchased second hand through selling other pens in my collection. Just have to think about what I'm willing to part with :rolleyes: .

Check this one out. Please excuse the focusing issues of the camera.

Whoa. That is HOT. Except for the little shell pieces in it, that orangey-red and black is amazing. Like little lava blisters. :cloud9:

Thanks for showing that to me.

Whoa. That is HOT. Except for the little shell pieces in it, that orangey-red and black is amazing. Like little lava blisters. :cloud9:

Just a teaser..... ;)

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

Just a teaser..... ;)

Hey! the abalone pieces make it unique!:vbg:

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg