The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

REVIEW- PILOT CUSTOM LEGRANCE-CELLULOID

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:31

hi pen friends
did a little write up on the Legrance. Not exactly a detailed review, but a few thoughts on the
pen . Hope to share......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 HDoug

HDoug

First Class Forever

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:52

Wow, beautiful. (Nice ink and handwriting too!)

Doug

#3 drifting

drifting

scramblin'

• Member - Gold

• 1,108 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:00

A very pretty pen, and a nice review. Brown is so often paired with gold, but I prefer it with the silver.

An admitted piston filler snob, I've come to appreciate the Con-70 push button converter that came with my CH 912, and echo your evaluation of it.

Is the nib a #10 or #5?

The lines of this pen are very similar to the 912, but I wonder if they're the same size: the 912 is nearly the same size as a Pelikan M800, which surprised and pleased me. Would you be able to do any comparison shots with other pens for size reference?

Thanks!

Ryan.

ETA: just saw your CH 91 review - how do they compare in size? Thx!

R.

Edited by drifting, 20 March 2011 - 12:27.

#4 rokurinpapa

rokurinpapa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2011 - 16:46

Thank you for your nice review. The pen is very beautiful. By the way, I have heard that the body is made of propionate resin.
Is it a kind of celluloid?

rokurinpapa

#5 jbn10161

jbn10161

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,113 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 19:45

The Custom Legance (no 'r') is a great Pilot pen. I love mine. The material is propionate resin; it has a great feel and shimmer. The feed on mine is not as precise as I'd like, but it's good enough that I haven't sent it out for adjustment.
JN

#6 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:24

A very pretty pen, and a nice review. Brown is so often paired with gold, but I prefer it with the silver.

An admitted piston filler snob, I've come to appreciate the Con-70 push button converter that came with my CH 912, and echo your evaluation of it.

Is the nib a #10 or #5?

The lines of this pen are very similar to the 912, but I wonder if they're the same size: the 912 is nearly the same size as a Pelikan M800, which surprised and pleased me. Would you be able to do any comparison shots with other pens for size reference?

Thanks!

Ryan.

ETA: just saw your CH 91 review - how do they compare in size? Thx!

R.

Hi Ryan
thanks for the compliments
The Custom Heritage 91 and the Legrance custom are identical in design except of cource the Legrance
has different material. They used the same nib type as well.
So the nib is identical, a good fine flexy nib.

The converter in the CH91 however is not the CON 70, but the general smaller version.

Both are well made pens for daily use, and i love piolt nibs because so far i found that they made very good italic cursives

Cheers

#7 FP Writing

FP Writing

FP Writing

• Member - Gold

• 949 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:26

Dear folks
thanks for all your compliments and reading this write up.
This write up has been updated into my blog together with the previous reviews:

http://fp-writings.b...fp-reviews.html

many thanks for the support

cheers

Sponsored Content

|