WTT: Polar inks for...

WTT: My inks; those that I'm offering in trade:

1. Never-opened bottle of Noodler's 3oz Polar Brown, Generation-1 [Original Recipe, not the "new recipe" that looks so much like so many other "brown" inks], still in original box.
  2. Never-opened bottle of Noodler's 4.5oz Polar Black [4.5oz Polar Black didn't come w/ free Preppy ED pen that other 4.5oz bottles such as Nikita & THOD did], with original box.

Inks that I'm looking for, in-trade for above:

1. Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-jaku "Peacock" ["Deep Turquoise"], unopened w/ original box.
  2. Noodler's Hunter Green Eternal, unopened w/ original box.
  3. Sailor Kiwa-Guro "nano-particle" carbon Black, unopened w/ original box.

Thanks for your time and consideration;

Scott

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inka

• aninkstainedwretch

UPDATE/s:

I finally got a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-jaku "Peacock" ["Deep Turquoise"], unopened w/ original box in trade for one of my unopened bottles of Noodler's 3oz Polar Brown, Generation-1.

Thanks, FPN, for letting me get the word out!

Still available, for trade:

1. I still have another Never-opened bottle of Noodler's 3oz Polar Brown, Generation-1 [Original Recipe, not the "new recipe" that looks so much like so many other "brown" inks], still in original box, if anyone is interested. My written review of Polar Brown can be seen by clicking here.
  2. I still have a never-opened bottle of Noodler's 4.5oz Polar Black [4.5oz Polar Black didn't come w/ free Preppy ED pen that other 4.5oz bottles such as Nikita & THOD did], with original box. My original Polar Black review can be seen here.
  3. I also have a NEVER-opened bottle of Noodler's 3oz Blue Ghost invisible ink, still in original box, bought 2 and opened one but this one I'm offering has remained untouched/ unopened. You can see my original Blue Ghost review that I'd written by clicking here. This ink is awesome fun, even for me an over-50-something guy that still likes cool toys!

Oh, and BTW, for those wondering if Polar inks are actually freeze-resistant, check out an old test I did with @ [1]ml of Polar Black ink in a Preppy ED pen that I placed in a Dixi cup of water. I didn't want to waste a lot of ink should the Preppy crack and leak, so for my first test I only used that [@1]ml for starters. I then froze overnight in our freezer set to @ 0°F, peeled away the Dixi cup once I knew the water became solid. You can see the solid ice cylinder on pen barrel back where the Polar ink was settled and still the pen wrote flawlessly! I've done other tests with the Preppy completely submerged and filled with Polar Black, and even full the pen still wrote when completely encased in ice! You can see one of my many Polar ink freeze-tests by clicking here.

Still looking for...

• Noodler's Hunter Green Eternal, unopened w/ original box, [or willing to trade for a bottle that's at least nearly full].
  • Sailor Kiwa-Guro "nano-particle" carbon Black, unopened w/ original box, [or willing to trade for a bottle that's at least nearly full].

Edited by Inka

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

I have a Montblanc bottle of Burgundy.

I have used 1 pen load and I'm done with it.

Comes with a cool Montblanc bottle that I was planning to keep and refill with other inks.

But your Polar Black is too tempting.

Please let me know if there is something we might work out.

aninkstainedwretch

have a Montblanc bottle of Burgundy.

I have used 1 converter load and I'm done with it.

Comes with a cool Montblanc bottle that I was planning to keep and refill with other inks.

I also have a bottle of vintage Scripto Red.

It's beautiful, but I really prefer Noodlers Polar, Eel and Eternal Inks...

aninkstainedwretch

UPDATE/s:

I finally got a bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-jaku "Peacock" ["Deep Turquoise"], unopened w/ original box in trade for one of my unopened bottles of Noodler's 3oz Polar Brown, Generation-1.

Thanks, FPN, for letting me get the word out!

Still available, for trade:

1. I still have another Never-opened bottle of Noodler's 3oz Polar Brown, Generation-1 [Original Recipe, not the "new recipe" that looks so much like so many other "brown" inks], still in original box, if anyone is interested. My written review of Polar Brown can be seen by clicking here.
  2. I still have a never-opened bottle of Noodler's 4.5oz Polar Black [4.5oz Polar Black didn't come w/ free Preppy ED pen that other 4.5oz bottles such as Nikita & THOD did], with original box. My original Polar Black review can be seen here.
  3. I also have a NEVER-opened bottle of Noodler's 3oz Blue Ghost invisible ink, still in original box, bought 2 and opened one but this one I'm offering has remained untouched/ unopened. You can see my original Blue Ghost review that I'd written by clicking here. This ink is awesome fun, even for me an over-50-something guy that still likes cool toys!

Oh, and BTW, for those wondering if Polar inks are actually freeze-resistant, check out an old test I did with @ [1]ml of Polar Black ink in a Preppy ED pen that I placed in a Dixi cup of water. I didn't want to waste a lot of ink should the Preppy crack and leak, so for my first test I only used that [@1]ml for starters. I then froze overnight in our freezer set to @ 0°F, peeled away the Dixi cup once I knew the water became solid. You can see the solid ice cylinder on pen barrel back where the Polar ink was settled and still the pen wrote flawlessly! I've done other tests with the Preppy completely submerged and filled with Polar Black, and even full the pen still wrote when completely encased in ice! You can see one of my many Polar ink freeze-tests by clicking here.

Still looking for...

• Noodler's Hunter Green Eternal, unopened w/ original box, [or willing to trade for a bottle that's at least nearly full].
  • Sailor Kiwa-Guro "nano-particle" carbon Black, unopened w/ original box, [or willing to trade for a bottle that's at least nearly full].

aninkstainedwretch

While I do appreciate the offer of the MB and/ or Scripto Red [is it Scripto, or Skrip?], I'll need more time to think on it.

Typically I have little use for red inks of any kind, however I do have a friend that may be interested in the Red if it's the old Skrip [Made in Slovenia?].

Nearly all the reds I've ever bought are still in my collection going unused, as of late have been looking to try turquoise or replenish the Hunter Green I ran out of.

Many thanks, I believe I may pass, but then again if my friend wants one of what you offer I may trade with you and then trade with him ...

I'll let you know ASAP, may be a couple of weeks if I don't get what I'm looking for as my friend is currently away on business for a couple of weeks.

Dear Inka;

No hurry.

My mistake on the vintage ink.

It is Parker Quink and it is vintage.

If you are interested, I can send a picture.

Again, no hurry.

And, I apologize for the misquote on the ink.

The Parker Quink Permanent Red comes in an interesting glass bottle.

It is 59cc. or 2oz.

No worries.

Many thanks.

aninkstainedwretch

aninkstainedwretch

While I do appreciate the offer of the MB and/ or Scripto Red [is it Scripto, or Skrip?], I'll need more time to think on it.

Typically I have little use for red inks of any kind, however I do have a friend that may be interested in the Red if it's the old Skrip [Made in Slovenia?].

Nearly all the reds I've ever bought are still in my collection going unused, as of late have been looking to try turquoise or replenish the Hunter Green I ran out of.

Many thanks, I believe I may pass, but then again if my friend wants one of what you offer I may trade with you and then trade with him ...

I'll let you know ASAP, may be a couple of weeks if I don't get what I'm looking for as my friend is currently away on business for a couple of weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I still have one-each of of the following unopened bottles left to trade.

• Never-opened bottle of Noodler's 3oz Polar Brown, Generation-1 [Original Recipe, not the "new recipe" that looks so much like so many other "brown" inks], still in original box.

• Never-opened bottle of Noodler's 4.5oz Polar Black [4.5oz Polar Black didn't come w/ free Preppy ED pen that other 4.5oz bottles such as Nikita & THOD did], with original box.

I do have another great ink still I'd listed previously, after the word ADDENDUM below...

• ADDENDUM: I still have one more bottle of never-opened Noodler's 3oz Blue Ghost "Invisible Ink" [that's also one of Nathans' "bulletproof" inks], still in original box, great for secrets hidden in letters, or for invisible footnotes & artwork/ sketches wherever you'd like to write them! See my review of Blue Ghost "Invisible Ink" by clicking here if you'd not yet seen it.

Inks that I'm [still] looking for in-trade, for those below, [no longer looking for the Iroshizuku Ku-jaku "Peacock", one that I actually did get in a very sweet trade!]:

• Noodler's Hunter Green Eternal, unopened w/ original box or one that's VERY close to full if you have one that's been opened. Still hoping to get this one.

• Sailor Kiwa-Guro "nano-particle" carbon Black, unopened w/ original box. Still hoping to get this one.

• Noodler's Coral Sea; Blue-Black from Australia. It's way too expensive for me to buy from Australia & have it ship to me here in Florida. I'm willing to trade more than one of my inks for your Coral Sea if it's still unopened. Or if opened/ used, and depending on how much ink is missing from your bottle, we can possibly barter on this one.So if you do have some Coral Sea that you're willing to part with, just let me know and I'll work out a deal with you!

Many thanks, for reading my postings, and of course for your considerations in this matter!

Scott

aka ~Inka~

___________________________________________________________________________________________

P.S:

Many thanks, as well, to FPN, for allowing me/ for allowing us all here @ FPN to do this on your forum/s!

To the Admins, Mods, to those just here to lend a helping hand to FPN members in general, my hat goes off to all of you for a job "Well done!".

EDITED; due to an oversight on my part, been a long and painful day working around the house, sore & tired so I'm just not thinking as clearly as I'd like to be!

Edited by Inka