Cheap fountain pens for sale in Singapore?

Julie dreams

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, I don't have time to read through this entire thread right now.

have you seen pens being offered by FPN member printhardcopy? He is in Singapore!

If you want a good starter fountain pen at a reasonable price, I too would suggest something like a LAMY Safari or Vista as I have one of each.

Bill [printhardcopy] used to carry a large selection of LAMY pens, mostly he specialized in Pelikans at some great prices but may still have some LAMY.

Being you're both in Singapore it may even be able to connect with Bill directly somehow, you'd have to ask him as I have no idea if he sells outside of his eBay store or here at FPN.

Anyway, here's a Link to his FPN Profile to save you some search time...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/user/20970-printhardcopy/

Good luck and best wishes, I hope he can help you if you haven't tried elsewhere already.

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julie dreams

• unfilterd

• lingling

• tomcatfodder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just recalled another FPN member that's in Singapore and also sells some nice pens.

Try checking out FPN member DeScribe, not sure what if anything he's selling but being another neighbor of yours that's also worth a try.

When you go to Topics in their profiles, click on that and you should see some of their latest for sale items and contact information, again hoping this helps you out.

DeScribes' Profile seen by clicking here

Time for bed, good luck on your hunt and I'm sure you'll find someone and something that's to your liking!

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

You beat me to it Inka. I've bought several pens from printhardcopy, here on FPN. Always the best service, quality and low prices. Wonderful seller to deal with. PM him to find out what he has in stock in your price range. I've bought Lamy's and Pelikan's from him in the past. Arrived in USA, New Mexico very quickly. +10 on what Inka said. Jim

how could I have miss this posting..haha

yes. Julie, there's lots of help you can get here ..and ..

there's another ..at least 10 - 20 active fountain pen user in Singapore that you can ask for help too !!!

The BEST teacher don't give you the answers, they just point the way and you make your own choice - Will Schuester, GLEE

• 8 months later...

Does mustafa still stock the Lamy pens?

I am thinking of getting one of those Lamy Vista and/or AL-Star.

Does anyone know if the AL Star a lot heavier?

Thanks.

Mustafa still stocks the Lamy's. The price for the Vista is SGD$36.00, make sure you ask for the ones which are in the pen tray under the counter. They may not have the nib size you want. (I know they stock very few Fines, Lots of Mediums and a very few Broads) Check out all 3 pen counters just in case, the 4 floor stationary department, the one on the first floor and Basement 2. BTW, the people behind the counter don't know which model is which model, so you have to point it out to them. To them, the Lamu Vista is called the Lamy Transparent. :<

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

Mustafa still stocks the Lamy's. The price for the Vista is SGD$36.00, make sure you ask for the ones which are in the pen tray under the counter. They may not have the nib size you want. (I know they stock very few Fines, Lots of Mediums and a very few Broads) Check out all 3 pen counters just in case, the 4 floor stationary department, the one on the first floor and Basement 2. BTW, the people behind the counter don't know which model is which model, so you have to point it out to them. To them, the Lamu Vista is called the Lamy Transparent. :<

Hey! Thanks for the info! Most likely getting a fine nib. Trying to improve my pen hold and also my writing. Hopefully, this helps.

Forgotten one other thing, the Vistas and Al-Stars are located in the different parts of the counter, the Al-Star is located at the bulk side and the Vista is located at the other end next to the Pelikans. Be sure to look at the full counter.

From The Sunny Island of Singapore

Straits Pen Distributors and Dealers of Craft Rinkul, JB Perfect Pen Flush, Ohto Japan, Parker, Pelikan, Pilot Pen, Private Reserve Inks, Schrade Tactical Pens, Smith & Wesson Pens, Noodler's Ink LLC Pens, TWSBI Inc and Waterman in Singapore

Disclosure: I do nib work for others and am affiliated with those which do. I also sell and represent certain brands of pens.

Forgotten one other thing, the Vistas and Al-Stars are located in the different parts of the counter, the Al-Star is located at the bulk side and the Vista is located at the other end next to the Pelikans. Be sure to look at the full counter.

Thanks for the additional information. Very useful indeed.