Bexley 10Th Anniversary, Yellow With Blue Swirls

watch_art

pics and writing samples to come later...

Bexley 10th Year Special Anniversary Super Duper #164

That's it. 164. I don't know if it's out of some other number, or if that is supposed to mean something. :P

So yeah, I got a Bexley. I traded for it. Hmm.... Really? Yes, really. I thought it looked pretty. Why on earth would I get a pen because it looks pretty? I dunno... but I did. And it didn't take much thought, either. I really like the way it looks. So when offered the trade, I handed over my Pilot Custom 742 FA nib pen, and picked this up. Box and all. Although I don't care too much for boxes.

So this thing is really well made in my opinion. Everything threads together very nicely and the finish over all is consistent and uh... good. Quite good. The dome over the clip on the cap looks kind of outta place because there's very little blue swirl on it, but it's a good lookin little thing. The clip looks like a necktie with a bend up at the bottom, like a guy who was sitting down, maybe sleeping in church, with his coat buttoned up, and the bottom of the tie stickin out getting sort of folded in a pointing up way. Meh. Okay, but doesn't win any awards from me. The cap band also looks pretty cheap and cheesy. X O X O X O... hmm. Oh well, at least I won't be writing with the cap band. There's a nice looking trim ring at the end of the barrel.

The nib is 18K and marked F, but writes M all day long. I think the guy stamping nibs this day was hung over. There's no way it's a fine. Oh well, no big deal. It's quite smooth held just right on it's very small and very smooth sweet spot. I took it to some micromesh and cleaned up some sharp edges and now this sucka writes oh so nice. If I rotate the pen over a little, I'm not screamed at by my paper for running this scratchy nib over it. Now the paper thanks me for writing with this nib! And so do I. It's quite nice. It's nice and wet and pretty. The nib is pretty. It doesn't say Iridium Point blah blah blah on it. Just "B - Bexley - F - 18K 750", and that's good enough.

The size of the pen is just great. You hear me? I really like it. Posted or not, very comfy, and the section is just great. And to make things even better the section is the same material as the rest of the pen! That yellow and blue stuff! Cool!

Filling. Hmm... well, it WAS a simple C/C pen, but I took the converter out and filled the barrel full of ink, slapped some grease on the threads, and it makes a great eyedropper. It's full of Pilot Black right now, and with ink in the barrel, the yellow and blue plastic becomes even deeper and richer and much nicer to look at. It looks much more expensive with ink in the barrel, rather than a converter. And it doesn't rattle. Huh? Yeah, the end of the converter would rattle around inside the barrel, making for a cheap sounding experience. So no more converter in this baby.

So not sure if I made a good trade or not, as far as value goes, but I'm quite happy with this little devil. I'm sure it'll see more use from me than the Pilot ever did. I was so in love with that thing for the longest time, but... eh... I just stopped using it. Something about it just didn't make me toes tingle.

Go Bexley!

gallery_41188_9_102998.jpg

gallery_41188_9_191720.jpg

gallery_41188_9_130332.jpg

fpn_1300564878__bexley.jpg

gallery_41188_9_105587.jpg

gallery_41188_9_80290.jpg

Edited by watch_art

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• greencobra

• jonro

• JakeTx

Very Nice!!

Best Regards,

Jake

"All That Evil needs to Take Over is For Good Men to Sit and Do Nothing."

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Is that nib too small for that pen....I said your nib, is it too small? Is it? Did you know this was going to be an ED right along or the rattle of the converter pushed you over the edge. Ya hear me, was it the rattle, huh? I never had much interest in Bexleys but I like this ED thing you did with it. Nice.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

THe nib is perfect, are you crazy!? :P

Yeah, as soon as I saw that the section and barrel were all plastic I said EYEDROPPER. I hate those little twist converters, but sometimes they're necessary. This thing is so nice though. I love it more and more as I use it.

The Bexley Tenth Anniversary is one of my favorite pens for "hand feel" and is an excellent writer, too. My only complaint about Bexely is that their fine nibs write more like mediums and I end up getting them reground. That's a shame, because they smooth nibs with great flow right out of the box.

it does feel really good in the hand, and the more I use it, the more I really like it.

and the nib does run pretty wide for a fine. but I'm okay with that.