Greetings from Denmark

Henrik

Hello, my name is Henrik, and I'm addicted to fountainpens.

I've been visiting this forum for some time now, and I'm very pleased to see, that my idol James Pickering is posting here.

I'm into calligraphy, evryday italic handwriting, sketching and fountainpens - mostly Parkers and Shaeffers.

Unfortunaly peoples in this country have very little esteem for any of theese activities, so I'm coming to seek advice.

I'm trying to find a forum for "pen hold" (my major problem) :bonk: and the use of ordinary fountainpens for italic

kind regards

Henrik

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Henrik

• mike1

• Walter's daughter

• jd50ae

Hello Henrik

Finally, I get to welcome someone before everyone else does. As you have already seen by your “visiting” this is a house of thoughtful and helpful folks. All the questions I have ever had about pens have been answered either by new post or from old. I have been amazed by the knowledge and talent that lives here. I am a novice about pens and need to improve my penmanship and photography skills, here there is so much to help me with both. You will enjoy it here. (But, I am not sure that most of these folks aren’t posting from a padded cell and that their lucidness is not a temporary drug induced state)

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Hi, Henrik! Nice to see another person from Northern Europe.! Have fun here! :)

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Welcome to FPN. I'm sure that you will be able to find the information you require. The members here are very helpful and glad to help others when they can.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Hello and welcome to the FPNuthouse! Hey JD, no drugs here and, as far as you know, no padded walls either! :P :P Henrik, I'm sure there are some here that can and probably will help you with your question, but I'm not the one. Anyhow, enjoy the place and hope to see you around!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hi everyone,

this is overwhelming - thank you so much for your warm welcome and please bear with me, if I post things in the wrong places or things like that - I'm over 50 something and not too familiar with this kind of communication...

Anyway . thank you again - I'm sure I'm going to like it here.

best regards Henrik

Henrik, Fifty something is young for some of us. Don't worry about getting your posts in the wrong place. Just ask and someone will answer.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Welcome, Henrik, from Texas! I'm also 50+ and also still learning. Heaven help us all if we stop that. Looking forward to your contributions.

Henrik,

My manners are slipping :blush:

Usually I have the courtesy to welcome new members as quickly as possible. This week I'm afraid I've been 'off song'.

Welcome to FPN. I trust you'll enjoy it here - it is a friendly spot.

Regards,

Ruaidhrí

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Dear Admin Ruaidhri

thanks for the nice and freindly welcome, this is indeed a friendly spot

kind regards

Henrik

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Henrik:

You could not have found a better community of crazy people that also love fine writing instruments, to shave your same passion in life with. Sadly, many spouses don't see it that way. However, having a secret room built onto your house, complete with a sliding panel is a great way to hide your collection from your "other half"

;) :rolleyes: :D

Edited by Mannenhitsu

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

hi,

i love the danish duofolds--the osmias made in denmark under license from parker. welcome to the board--have fun. often it is not the way you grip a pen that makes it difficult to do calligraphy--it is the nib. ask your questions-- people are kind and generous on this board and p.s. i am 65

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

:ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

Edited by aunt rebecca

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking- william butler yeats
Unless you are educated in metaphor, you are not safe to be let loose in the world. robert frost

Hello Henrik,

..........but you have a wonderful pen shop in Copenhagen...!!!.

I was there in February this year. My husband had to attend a meeting on the 15th so rather than having to travel the day before and be away for Valentine's day, he booked the flight a day earlier and took me with him. We spent a romantic day walking around the city in beautiful (and unusual, we were told, for that time of year) bright sunshine. The sky and water were both a wonderful blue, but there were piles of snow from an earlier fall. We loved the skating rink in the square and were fascinated by the round tower and its literary links. The buildings were lovely, there was a jaunty military procession and the hot sugar-coated almonds were delicious.

Sorry----I digress----pens. Well, I spotted the huge fountain pen sign and my husband wanted to buy me a Pelikan 400 (I tried several pens with different nibs, but I couldn't decide which one to have and didn't want to make a hasty choice). I can hardly believe my indecision now, for that was before I had been initiated on FPN and learned that is ok to have more than one pen!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela

"Procrastination is the thief of time" - Edward Young

Henrik, allow me to post my belated welcome! This is a nice friendly place and I think you'll find plenty of people to converse with on these (and many other) subjects.

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick