Hi everyone

KCkc

Hi, my name is Kitty and my posting name is “KCkc”.

I have been using fountain pens since 5th grade. I love using fountain pens because it is easier on my wrist and the FP nib allows me to be expressive in my writing.

My parent tried to cultivate my pen interest by giving me fountain pens to write with at age 11. My first fountain pen was a Hero aerometric (the one that looks like a Parker 61). I started my first real collection at 14. It consisted of Parker 45 (navy, gray, burgundy, forest green), 51 aerometric (blue, burgundy, and gray), a 75 (cross-hatch, dish top), MB 144, 12. But then they were all gifts from my parents since the collection was either from them or funded with pocket money.

Zoom from younger years to recent years when I have to work to get my pens…

I lost my MB Mozart (which I got for $60 when FEDCO went out of business), and decided that maybe I should stick with more affordable great writers so I won’t break the bank replacing lost pens. Immediately, I remembered my Parker 45s. I remembered the reliability and feel of the 45 as a child. I also remember how “repairable” it was in since I always took them apart when I was young.

I started looking for a Parker 45 on the bay. After one month of torture with no fountain pen and writing with clic sticks, I ended up getting my first Golden Pearl Parker Vac on the bay. It was a great Vac for $45: extremely good transparency & strong imprint, no crack and ready to ink. When the pen arrived, the Vac bug caught me immediately. Well, well, well… beginner’s luck.

My pens include both modern and or vintage in Parker (90%), Montblanc, Waterman, Pelikan, Wahl, Dani Trio, Stipula, Taccia, Sailor, and Namiki.

I also “collect” blue ink. My current favorite blue inks are:

ÿ Color: Montegrappa Blue (has a funny smell when drying but I love the color), PR Lake Placid, Namiki Blue, and OMAS Roma 2000 Blue

ÿ Reliability & Flow: Waterman’s Florida Blue and Quink Blue

I have been using my fountain pens to write care/encouragement cards to my brothers and sisters at church. It is a growing ministry and it is indeed a privilege that I get to merge my favorite hobby as a tool to reach out.

My other hobby is traveling. Alaska, San Diego (Ca, USA), Monterey (Ca, USA), and Vancouver (Canada) are my favorites—notice they are all cities by the sea. Love ocean air and sunset by the beach = ).

What do I enjoy most about my hobby ?

People, People, People : Pen people are nice people :meow:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Keith with a capital K

• Elaine

• KCkc

Top Posters In This Topic

Kitty,

It's good to see an old friend among the new friends.

Thoughts of late night surgeries in the lounge spring to mind... LOL

I hope to see more of you here.

Cheers!

Keith

Please visit http://members.shaw.ca/feynn/

Please direct repair inquiries to capitalpen@shaw.ca

Hi Kitty! One of these days I'm going to get back to snailing. I had a rough couple of months but things are fine now. I've been catching up on all sorts of things and snails are next on my list. My daughter saw one of my "to do" lists and pointed out (while laughing hysterically) that only another FP nut would understand the item on my list "snails"

Elaine

Hi Kitty!

Glad to see you hear the past couple of days and especially glad that you have posted your intro.

we had similar beginnings - my wanted to "fix" my handwriting and that's how I got started with fountain pens. At the time, calligraphy pens.

anyway - welcome and yup, pen people are nice. A little odd. But nice. :)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hi Kitty,

Welcome to FPN, this odd collection of fountain pens and friends :D.

I agree with you on pen people, they are " prettig gestoord" as an aunt of mine used to say, "pleasantly disturbed".

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Kitty and welcome to FPN :D

I was just looking at your list of favourite places to visit and noticed some coincidences! My husband and I live in a suburb of Vancouver, we got married in Alaska and my cousin went to university in Monterey, CA (and we visited her there)! We haven't been to San Diego, but we've been to San Francisco and loved it there :)

As an aside...

:o Wow, lot of K's here or what?

We have KCat, Keith with a Capital K, KendallJ ...and those are just some of the moderators! :lol:

We also have Karin, kathywc, Kevin (kjervin), Kate Gladstone, klemenv, Kat, kamakura-pens, etc. The more the merrier, I say!

Edited by Maja