Pilot Capless and Capless Decimo

pigpogm

Blatant self-promotion here - hope nobody minds...

I've just finished my review of the Pilot Capless and Capless Decimo. Or Vanishing Point to the Americans.

Both pens were gifts from Cult Pens, where my wife and I will be starting work at the end of December, all being well.

I like both of them a lot - the nibs are good enough to keep the appeal when the clicky mechanism stops being so exciting.

Michael Randall :: PigPog - Cult Pens (UK)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pigpogm

• Dan Carmell

• Maja

• MikeLip

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for pointing out the review, pigpogm; I enjoyed reading it.

So, did your wife get the Decimo, while you kept the Capless? :lol:

I have a Capless with a cursive italic nib that I bought at my very first pen show (Portland, 2004) and it is one of my best writers :)

So, did your wife get the Decimo, while you kept the Capless?

Actually, it started the other way around - Sam usually likes pens with a bit of weight to them, and I like light pens, so she got the Capless, I got the Decimo.

Then she discovered a new condition - Expensive Pen Performance Anxiety - which means she can't write with any pen that costs that much, so I have both of them here for now. I'l probably use it until it gets its first scratch or scuff mark, then she'll be able to use it ;)

Actually, it may be partly down to the nibs too - she really prefers nails, and the Caplesses (Caplii?) have a bit of flext to them.

I probably should have mentioned, too, that this is the UK launch, exclusive to Cult Pens - they (we?) have the first official stocks of the Decimo in the UK

Ugh - this forum is dangerous!

After having read the 6,738,993rd positive review of the VP, I just ordered one! :D

Great review, thanks!

Exellent review! Your photos are so crisp--I envy that! Nice writing as well--easy to read and well crafted.

There is a four Decimo color, by the way, although Cult Pens may not have chosen to import it: it's champagne pink. Carmen Rivera is head over heels over it.

best, Dan

Thanks, Dan.

Combination of a good camera (Canon Ixus 750 - PowerShot SD500 in the US, I think - another product with different names in different places), lots of light, and just being very careful about what it's focussing on.

I've seen pics of the Champagne pink, and it's very pretty. Unfortunately, I don't think Pilot are making it available in the UK - Cult Pens stock is direct from Pilot UK.

My goof: five colors total: grey, blue, yellow, pink, and your pearl white (which may be the neatest of the colors).

Dan