What Do You Do With Empty Ink Bottles?

FPK

As soon as I empty some of my squat 80ml Diamine bottles, I am going to fill them with something (sand? marbles? buckshot?) and use them for pattern weights in my sewing room. This is especially helpful when Gonzo is nearby; one whoosh of his tail and lightweight pieces go flying off the table. :gaah:

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." - Dorothy Parker (attributed)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Freddy

• rockspyder

• alecto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As soon as I empty some of my squat 80ml Diamine bottles, I am going to fill them with something (sand? marbles? buckshot?) and use them for pattern weights in my sewing room. This is especially helpful when Gonzo is nearby; one whoosh of his tail and lightweight pieces go flying off the table. :gaah:

Good idea! The weights I bought at a local fabric store a while back weren't that great!

I've seen wine bottles slumped in a kiln to make cheeseboards. I can imagine a few ink bottles slumped together would make a really interesting pen rest

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/3949217212_3a4cabb5a0.jpg

I like that a lot! I wonder what kind of kiln a person would have to invest in to get that result, and who knows squat about using a kiln except it's something that heats up to fire pottery.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I throw them away with the trash. I have no need for empty ones. I guess if I were interested in mixing inks then it might be worth keeping them.

They could always be given away in the Pay It Forward thread. Someone, like me, could use some more for custom mixes of ink.

I put them out for the Milkman to pick them up. Come to think of it, they have been outside now for quite a few months. They just don't make Milkmen like they used to.

:roflmho:

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

What do you do when the bottle runs out? I fill a Pelikan up with a Higgins, for the Higgins bottle is horible :headsmack:

I clean them out and save them to store my homemade iron gall and black walnut inks. It seems I'm always scrambling for bottles.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/5442815571_412a2edf44_z.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5173/5393679574_8dfcdf13ba_z.jpg

Wow, beautiful! (Where do you get your recipes from?)

As for me, I fill empty ink bottles with black Pelikan 4001. The ink then gets mailed or handed out to new fountain pen converts!

• 4 years later...

I make miniature aquariums out of them... in fact, if anyone is thinking of throwing out empty ink bottles I am happy to pay for the postage to take them.

58a2ad464d9eebb3ef36e6eef61bb1ba.jpg

Use dem to make small, cute molotov cocktails.

Hahaha. Funny. Everyone knows that molotov cocktails have to be made with thinner glass so it will break. :mellow:

I keep the beautiful and unusual ones to just look at.

Hahaha. Funny. Everyone knows that molotov cocktails have to be made with thinner glass so it will break. :mellow:

Not quiet true...who's everybody....Vyacheslav says...any and all bottles will

work..includin' coke..vodka..beer..moets.. chivas regal.. johnnie walker green..red..gold..

blue..personally I prefer thick cause I don't want it breakin' in me hand..right before

I toss that sucker................................

{freakin'happyssmileyfacetimethingie}

Fred

and he was not deliverin' food to the Finns.......................

Not quiet true...who's everybody....Vyacheslav says...any and all bottles will

work..includin' coke..vodka..beer..moets.. chivas regal.. johnnie walker green..red..gold..

blue

It was humor....dry humor. But really, I don't know if most ink bottles would break. Too small and thick... :mellow: :mellow:

post-114210-0-44035600-1440727348_thumb.jpg

I use empty ink bottles as vases for small flowers. Here's a Graf von Faber-Castell bottle with the miniature rose Incognito.

I make miniature aquariums out of them... in fact, if anyone is thinking of throwing out empty ink bottles I am happy to pay for the postage to take them.

Awesome

When my Tsuki-yo bottle goes empty it's going to be a fill bottle for my tanker of Pilot blueblack. My empty Sheaffer Red is loaded with a dried-blood color mix, and a loose DeA bottle is loaded with my homemade Imperial Blue.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

I love this!

In fact, this posted photo convinced me to stop lurking and join in. As I learn more from each of you, please bear with my "noob-ness"! I am learning my way with my new Pelikan M205.

I showed this photo to my bride of 44 years and she wants one like this! Can you tell me how to put together a similar one? I think she wants to make a couple for the granddaughters as well.

For my second post ever on this forum, maybe I can introduce myself appropriately! Thank you in advance for your kind assistance...

I keep them for no reason, actually. Well, I always believe that I'll need them some time soon in the future.

I use them when I visit the urologist. If I don't get all of the ink out first, he gets a funny look on his face.