Coming Soon: J.b.'s Perfect Pen Flush

Richard

I can't speak for Brian but as one of our dealers he certainly will be welcome to stock it if he chooses.

Excellent! And J.B. stands for Jim Baer I assume.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard

• watch_art

• framebaer

• DavidHandmade

Sounds promising - but I'm still skeptical.

"Re-use" the same stuff after cleaning out a pen that held BSB??

- I may wait for a few "reviews" and other "destructive" testing before I commit...

Sounds promising - but I'm still skeptical.

"Re-use" the same stuff after cleaning out a pen that held BSB??

- I may wait for a few "reviews" and other "destructive" testing before I commit...

We make no claims regarding BSB ink which I think we would all agree has unique properties and has been defined by its maker as not like any other contemporary inks.

However now that you mention it I will get out my BSB and see if our flush works with it.

I will say that our flush is benign and will not harm any pens/feeds, used as directed of course.

It possibly may be ineffective in flushing BSB, we'll have to see. Or perhaps a bottle of our flush will need to be dedicated to BSB only for those users of same.

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Would I understand correctly that the idea is to do regular water flushes first and then finish with this stuff?

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Would I understand correctly that the idea is to do regular water flushes first and then finish with this stuff?

Actually in the middle. Our directions (condensed) are to flush the ink out of your pen with water. Get most of it out. Then flush our solution in and out of the pen several times ( you flush it back into its bottle, hence the reuse) then you finish by flushing the flush out of your pen with water.

Also note that this stuff is great for flushing out a new pen's cartridge/converter for the first time to remove any manufacturing stuff on the inside of a converter so they work properly. We do this to all CC pens that go through the Spa whether new or old ones in for repair.

Edited by framebaer

Actually in the middle. Our directions (condensed) are to flush the ink out of your pen with water. Get most of it out. Then flush our solution in and out of the pen several times ( you flush it back into its bottle, hence the reuse) then you finish by flushing the flush out of your pen with water.

Also note that this stuff is great for flushing out a new pen's cartridge/converter for the first time to remove any manufacturing stuff on the inside of a converter so they work properly. We do this to all CC pens that go through the Spa whether new or old ones in for repair.

Thanks! I get it. Rather like what we do now sometimes with dishwashing liquid or ammonia (or both) but without having to mix it up every time. Somehow, I suspect this stuff might work more efficiently as well (and I'm hoping with less stink than ammonia).

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Ladeez and Gentlemen! Here, for the first time anywhere, we present for your delectation complete and clear pictures of the labels that will be on the front and back of each and every bottle of J.B.'s PERFECT PEN FLUSH.

http://www.gatecitypen.com/images/penflush/label_front.png http://www.gatecitypen.com/images/penflush/label_back.png

Beware of imitations! Protect your pens! Insist on the one, the only, the original J.B.'s PERFECT PEN FLUSH.

(Is that sufficiently snake-oil salesmanlike? :) )

Edited by Richard

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

(Is that sufficiently snake-oil salesmanlike? :) )

That's what I was thinking after the very first post. :D Especially since people can make their own cheaply. How much will your bottles cost?

Especially since people can make their own cheaply.

They can make something like it. Beware of imitations.

Especially since people can make their own cheaply.

They can make something like it. Beware of imitations.

seriously, it is water, ammonia, soap and alcohol...

politician and idiot are synonymous terms - Mark Twain

seriously, it is water, ammonia, soap and alcohol...

What percentage of water? What percentage of ammonia? What percentage of "soap"? What kind of "soap"? Or is it "soaps" plural? Or is it actually soap (or soaps) at all? What percentage of alcohol?

I repeat: They can make something like it. Beware of imitations.

Edited by Richard

For you who enjoy mixing up your own versions of pen flush, our product probably is not for you; nor was it designed to be.

On the other hand, for many RichardsPens clients who like the convenience of buying products which are ready to use, known safe, and effective ( and in fact, for years used daily in the Nashua Pen Spa) we think J.B.'s PERFECT PEN FLUSH will be well received.

Also let's not forget the cool label.wink.gif

Edited by framebaer