The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

MT Blackbird 5245

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HyperCamper

HyperCamper

Supreme hoarder of Penman inks

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 23:00

I already announced this post: it's an attempt at reviewing my restored Mabie Todd Blackbird 5245. I'm not very used to writing with a nib as flexible as this one... Will need a lot of practice before I even get near to the art of Richard / Antiono / Hana. Bear with me, ok? wink.gif

Once more in PDF. It worked well the first time...

Attached Files

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."
- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau
Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red
Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Sponsored Content

#2 johnr55

johnr55

The New Deal

• Member - Gold

• 831 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:02

Interesting handwriting, especially the cross on the 't'. BTW what is that you're writing on--graph paper?

#3 umenohana

umenohana

Super-needlepoint flex!

• Member - Gold

• 848 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:22

I don't think I've ever had a bleeding/feathering problem with G Lalo. Also, you'd be surprised how airmail paper can take a whole bunch of flex without feathering one bit!

-Hana
My little website of illustrations

Last updated Saturday, 24 Feb. 2007.
(Two new H. P. Lovecraft links have been added.)
Wow-- I've 2000 hits, thanks to all the wonderful visitors from over 30 different countries!

#4 umenohana

umenohana

Super-needlepoint flex!

• Member - Gold

• 848 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:28

BTW, I forgot to say:

I wish I could discover treasures like that, too! What degree of flex has it got? Your grandfather must be very happy about its discovery. smile.gif

-Hana
My little website of illustrations

Last updated Saturday, 24 Feb. 2007.
(Two new H. P. Lovecraft links have been added.)
Wow-- I've 2000 hits, thanks to all the wonderful visitors from over 30 different countries!

Sponsored Content

|