• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aslan

• Brian C

• kiavonne

• watch_art

The differences are subtle but they sure make this pen stand out. I think this might be my favorite of all the Edison pens I've seen yet.

Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

I really love the look of this pen and am considering getting one for myself. Congratulations to Brian for building it and also to Aslan for coming up with the design and the name. I agree that "The Collier" has a very nice ring to it.

I've long considered a #76 Edison pen for my pen pouch and I've been holding off. The "Collier" is everything I didn't know I always wanted!

Aslan, you've go a great looking pen. I'm envious! Is Collier your newly-minted Eagle Scout?

I've long considered a #76 Edison pen for my pen pouch and I've been holding off. The "Collier" is everything I didn't know I always wanted!

Aslan, you've go a great looking pen. I'm envious! Is Collier your newly-minted Eagle Scout?

Interesting... Collier (son) pretty much turned out to be "everything I didn't know I always wanted" as well. Yes, he is my newly-minted Eagle Scout. Thanks for remembering!

John

That is an amazing pen. Congrats to both Brian and Aslan. The name is also perfect. This will be a wonderful heirloom for your son, and will no doubt bring back wonderful memories at that point in time in your son's life when memories are most important and dear.

One question: With the mods made to the geometry of the cap and barrel, how well does it post? Does the cap wobble?

Subvert642,

Sorry, I missed your question until just now. "How well does it post?" Technically, it will post, but since I don't post when I write I'm probably the wrong one to answer the subjective nature of the question (Brian?). Without posting, the pen is nicely balanced and feels very comfortable to me. I'm sure that posting would - for me - make it feel top heavy. I understand that everyone's sense of balance and writing comfort can differ. Also, I'm sure that Brian can taper the barrel to accommodate most any preference. Let me encourage you to talk with him. He is very creative, and accommodating.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Subvet642

One question: With the mods made to the geometry of the cap and barrel, how well does it post? Does the cap wobble?

Subvert642,

Sorry, I missed your question until just now. "How well does it post?" Technically, it will post, but since I don't post when I write I'm probably the wrong one to answer the subjective nature of the question (Brian?). Without posting, the pen is nicely balanced and feels very comfortable to me. I'm sure that posting would - for me - make it feel top heavy. I understand that everyone's sense of balance and writing comfort can differ. Also, I'm sure that Brian can taper the barrel to accommodate most any preference. Let me encourage you to talk with him. He is very creative, and accommodating.

I missed your post as well! Thanks for getting back to me, that's helpful information. I guess it's time to start saving up or selling some things off. I gotta have one of these!

this is a gorgeous and great pen :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Thanks to Aslan and Brian I have a Collier in ivory celluloid in the works. I can't wait. This is THE MOST ELEGANT DESIGN i've seen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The #76 Collier is on my list, as well. We're just deciding on material, and Brian has some blanks on the way we're going to look at. Very beautiful pen, so I want it just right. My original material choices are unavailable, but we'll see.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Wow. It really is amazing what a difference a few small changes can make. Honestly, the #76 was the one Edison model that never really interested me (I have a Pearl and a Huron now and my next will be a Morgan), but the Collier (great name, by the way) looks fantastic and just made my wish list.

Very cool.

Enjoy that bad boy!

heraclitus, I've seen the pics of yours but have others here on FPN?

bartlee01, we'll see pics when you have then, right?

kiavonne, any preview of your thoughts re: material?

djpyle, you have already discovered that resistance is futile when it comes to Brian's pens. 'Time to add a Collier to your "next" list?? wink.gif

John

I'll have to get pics up of it, but I ended up trading my Collier. I liked the shape but I ordered mine in ivory celluloid and shortly after getting it I found that me and white pens don't get along so off it went to a better home. I'm way over my pen budget this year but if Brian ever adds lever fillers I would look into getting a BLACK Collier in lever filler. I wish Brian would add this model to his regular line-up.

• 1 month later...

My "Collier" is on the way.

The material choice ended up being a new wine lucite Brian has been playing with. I posted (with pics) about the pens I'm receiving here.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship