Best Cross Pen?

freshcinnamon

No price limit!!

In the market to buy a pen from each different famous pen brand :D

Which Cross pen do you think is the best?

thanks lots!!!!

You are you, that is tuer than true, there is no one alive that is youer than you :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonB55198

• tenney

• RMN

• adamselene

Easy Townsend ;)

I would pick one made out of rolled gold if bling was a requirement

I think of my FPs as my children.

Townsend for me as well...

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

Townsend! The only problem with it is that the cap initially is very tight and it creates a vacuum that can pull out a drop or tow of ink when you uncap it. But now that Cross fixed my Townsend, it is one of my best writers. I have an orange one and it is an amazing color too. Great balance and the metal body is about as tough as they come, though it looks very elegant.

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Sailor King of Pens "M" nib running Van Dieman's Heemskerch and Zeehaen

What an impossible question!

But if I had all of the Cross pendom to choose from, but I could only choose one, I would choose a Pinnacle. The gold one, with the two-tone gold nib. What size nib? It would depend on my mood.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

Knowing the Pinnacle was discontinued, was wondering where the pen was made and if it's still supported by Cross?

CFTPM

Oops, I forgot to mention the Verve.

It is so atypical for Cross, it is very special.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried:

Classic Century

Century II

Townsend

Metropolis

Signature

Of these my favorite is the Signature. But i'd like to try a pinnacle. :)

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator

Oops, I forgot to mention the Verve.

It is so atypical for Cross, it is very special.

+1 on the Verve.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the Verve... but it is the only Cross that I own.

The Verve nib is manufactured by Pilot-Namiki. +1!

The Verve nib is manufactured by Pilot-Namiki. +1!

I didn't know that. Interesting...

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

I got a verve last week. I will be comparing it to the century, century II, signature and pinnacle that i own.

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator

• 2 weeks later...

Cross Townsend Medalist with 23k gold nib. I originally ordered a broad nib and it was a bit too wide. Finally received a fine nib for this pen and it writes beautifully. It actually is a little wider than my Sailor 1911 Med/Fine combination nib, but no complaints here. Very smooth, fantastic nib and pen! A bit under-rated amongst the pricey pens!

Edited by empyrean
empyrean Conklin,Stipula Pyrite, Bon Voyage & Tuscany Dreams Siena, Levengers, Sailor 1911,Pelikan M200, Bexley BX802, AoLiWen Music Notes pen, Jinhao's,1935 Parker Deluxe Challenger, 1930s Eversharp Gold Seal RingTop, 1940s Sheaffer Tuckaway, 1944 Sheaffer Triumph, Visconti Van Gogh midi, Esties!(SJ, T, and J),Cross Townsend Medalist & Aventura, 1930s Mentmore Autoflow, A bunch of Conway-Stewarts 84, Platinum 3776 Chartres Blue(med); Montegrappa Elmo (broad nib), Delta "The Journal" (med nib), Conklin Yellowstone (med nib)

Best Unique Cross: Verve

Best Townsend: The Pinnacle

Best Skinny Cross: The Signature (but I have never tried the Century series!)

Best Elusive Cross: The Anniversary

Runner up for best Elusive Cross: The Lapis Lazuli Townsend

I actually found a Lapis Lazuli Townsend listed as a "Blue Cross Pen" and described as blue with gold flecks, that went for about $150 on ebay. I couldn't justify it to myself at that time, even at that price, and wanted to stay married.

The Verve is weird. I had put mine away for quite awhile. Now it has taken the place of my Homo Sap. I've desensitized to the weirdness. Someday I will wish I had a dozen!

This is only a hobby and I have complete control at all times.

Cheers,