The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Leaking Lamy Studio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pippin60

Pippin60

Still tilting at windmills

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:55

I've had my Lamy Studio Palladium for some time now. It has however been sitting in the case cleaned for a while. About a few weeks ago I put a cartridge in there, (I do have a converter I was just in a hurry) I went to reach for it the other day and there was a lot of ink on the nib and section. I cleaned it up and used the converter. After a few days I went back to the pen and again saw ink on the section, a lot of ink. There's no visible damage and the feed seems to be firmly in the section. I cleaned it again, put a cartridge in it and waiting to see what happens. I've had it a few years at least so the warranty is over. I looked into replacing just the section but no one has the palladium section.

Really just looking for any thoughts or suggestions.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.
- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Sponsored Content

#2 Angel91

Angel91

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:58

The same happens to me ;( it makes the pen unusable and lamy has said they wont take a look at it

#3 marcelo

marcelo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 13:41

The same happens to me ;( it makes the pen unusable and lamy has said they wont take a look at it

That's bad business.

#4 prashant.tikekar

prashant.tikekar

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 14:15

I've had my Lamy Studio Palladium for some time now. It has however been sitting in the case cleaned for a while. About a few weeks ago I put a cartridge in there, (I do have a converter I was just in a hurry) I went to reach for it the other day and there was a lot of ink on the nib and section. I cleaned it up and used the converter. After a few days I went back to the pen and again saw ink on the section, a lot of ink. There's no visible damage and the feed seems to be firmly in the section. I cleaned it again, put a cartridge in it and waiting to see what happens. I've had it a few years at least so the warranty is over. I looked into replacing just the section but no one has the palladium section.

Really just looking for any thoughts or suggestions.

Check using converter. Cartridge may have cracked nipple.

Sponsored Content

|