Dark Green Ink?

konstantin

Also check out J. Herbin Vert Empire. It's a gorgeous gray-green, no yellow undertones that I can see. It's dark enough to be formal but still clearly "green." Behaves well in my pens.

Vert D'Empire is one of my favourite inks and by far the best green I have used to date.

Vert empire (not D'Empire) with a tad of (1/5) of Perle noire is now my favourite dark green since late MB Racing green. The colour is even more elegant than Racing green (less yellow). The flow is equally excellent, the price is equally outrageous and I can recycle the old bottles of MB Racing green.

Edited by Orval

Orval

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• WOBentley

• fpconverted

• Steffen Larsen

Also check out J. Herbin Vert Empire. It's a gorgeous gray-green, no yellow undertones that I can see. It's dark enough to be formal but still clearly "green." Behaves well in my pens.

Vert D'Empire is one of my favourite inks and by far the best green I have used to date.

Vert empire (not D'Empire) with a tad of (1/5) of Perle noire is now my favourite dark green since late MB Racing green. The colour is even more elegant than Racing green (less yellow). The flow is equally excellent, the price is equally outrageous and I can recycle the old bottles of MB Racing green.

I'd love to try this, but the only black I have is Noodler's Bulletproof. Has anyone tried mixing Vert Empire/other Herbin inks with Bulletproof Black?

Also might just be a good excuse to get Perle Noir, really...

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves

Combing the white hair of the waves blown back

When the wind blows the water white and black. (T.S. Eliot, 1917)

I'm also looking some green...

My choices:

* Noodler's Green

* Noodler's Gruene Cactus

* Noodler's Hunter Green

* Noodler's Forest Green

* J Herbin - Lierre Sauvage I think is too light

* Private Reserve Sherwood Green

* Diamine Ultra Green

:wacko:

I don't know what to choose... I've seen the test colours in some places, their are very different

Somewhere on this forum there is a recipe for a Hunter Green with 4 or 5 parts Waterman Green and 1 part Waterman Bleu-Noir. I mix it in a small pill bottle with a tight fitting cap. Works for me.

B)

"Hey, Cameron. You realize if we played by the rules right now we'd be in gym?"

. . . . Ferris B.

So I picked up a bottle of Private Reserve Ebony Green--it's great, exactly what I had in mind. Am curious to give some of the others a try, especially the Noodler's Sequoia. Only comment I'd make is that it does seem to be oddly messy. I know this is kind of crazy, as messiness depends on the user, but filling pens with this, it seems to get all over the place in a way other inks don't. Have never used PR before, don't know if it's to do with the shape of the ink bottle or something. Anyhow have inked a Pelikan M250, and a Taccia Portuguese, writes beautifully in both.

Maybe I'll try mixing the Vert Reseda witha black, see if I can get something usable out of it. Another noob question: is there a good primer on what inks are okay to mix, and what will gunk up a pen?

Noodlers has a Zhivago that is pretty dark. I enjoy the ink in my Pelikan Polar Lights; the only down side I have had is it tends to exhibit a little nib creep.

+1 on the Zhivago

It's a dark green that can look like black from far away and has nice shading depending on the pen used.

Zhivago has become one of my favorites. In a M nib the dark green shows, yet from far away can look like black. Give it a try.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

• 2 years later...

Based on what's been said earlier, I've just bought some Diamine Green Black and dip tested it through five different F nibs. I'm still looking at it on the page. That's all I can do, just look at it, it's not driving me to ink one of them up at all - but as a relative newbie, I'm starting to see that an F nib doesn't really make an ink 'shine'.

Still looking at it.

I might be old, but at least I got to see all the best Bands.

White Forest or Amazon. Actually, if you can still find 1 or 2 or both of these, buy same immediately. TIme is running out.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Just got a new dark forresty ink that I'm liking a lot. DeAtramentis Jane Austen. Medium dark, a very forest color. Nice shading in my wide nibs. Good stuff.

Learning from the past does not mean living in the past.

Diamine Green Black is one of my favourites. Dark, serious greeen. Depending on the pen, it can pass for black unless you actually look for the colour - so certainly suitable for any work situation unless the person complaining is so far up his own.... anyway - you shouldn't have any problem. I use it all the time for forms which stipulate Black ink only.

With a drier pen it is a more noticablet dark green. Great colour, works in all pens.

Noodler's Forest Green would probably fit the bill. I also like PR Ebony Green for a really dark green.

agreed thumbs up for Private Reserve Ebony green.

large.2013-Ink_672.jpg.6e7b8f8ce7c5b6cdcfe027d3c149abdb.jpg

Okay..... I admit. I love greens. So, here are some samples for you to look at, and tell us what you like.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_672.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_675.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_675.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_685.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inklings/slides/2013-Ink_689.jpg