The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Custom-Made Pen's Review

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sagar_C

Sagar_C

Animalia Chordata Mammalia Primates Hominidae Homo S. Sapiens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:56

http://www.fountainp...ylic-combo-pen/ Herein is a very short review of the pen --- if you can call it a review. Thanks. I also cut-paste my post below (the pictures remain in the link above):

I must congratulate the makers such a nice pen. Just be ready with a bit of silicon grease because this is an eye-dropper-filler pen, and one can enjoy this a beautiful piece of handicraft.

I am using this pen right now. I here write down my unbiased opinion about the pen in short.

Nib: Steel (golden colour). Writes fine, feels little scratchy but is reasonably smooth and if used on a compatible paper the hint of scratchiness can be avoided. Right now I am using a fancy combination of J. Herbin Ambre de Birmanie 4 parts+1 part PR grey flannel+3part Pelikan Edelstein Adventurine: a nice bright green with a subdued goldish aura. With this ink, the nib is just in between wet and dry; may a little towards wet. Writes as soon as paper is touched --- a feature even some of my costly buys (carene, sonnet) do not have!

Cap: Like it or hate it. It seems a little bigger: the nib touching the inner top of the cap could have looked nicer but then that would have been that. The clear acrylic part is not very glossy; picks up little scratches. I like the clip --- hard, stiff and shiny. The clip ring adds a lovely look to the cap. Cap flush-fits the barrel. And yes, blue-back acrylic top is really shiny and decorates my shirt pocket.

Section: Bakul™ finish makes it nice to hold. Feels good. Probably ebonite is little heavier than acrylic used in the pen. Its weight is nicely balanced by the ebonite part at the back of the barrel. Section threads are secure.

Barrel: Subdued shiny and translucent to some degree: one can "see" the ink against light.

Overall: The pen is well balanced (may be a little heavier torwards the rear but to a tolerable limit) and like all my other pens, I use it without posting. The pen looks good and writes nicely.

I would rate it 7/10: after all, it is custom-made and handmade. I would recommend any interested pen-lover to try this maker's pens. They won't drain your pocket and yet you end up getting a nice pen which is quite collectible IMHO. I am a happy customer. :vbg:

Edited by Sagar_C, 24 January 2011 - 13:04.

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2011 - 19:13

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

Sponsored Content

|