• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• blueshadow_33

• bobioden

• two2tone

• TallDarkStranger

I live in the Denver area - the selections are few - besides Paradise Pen

1. Crane Paper - Cherry Creek Mall - carry Lamy, Namiki, Monte Verde, etc. Also, good selection of papers, journals, etc.

2. Meininger - Another art store with a growing fine pen department in downtown area - I haven't been up there yet. Check out this link. http://www.meininger.com/Fine_Pens/pen_dept.cfm

3. Guiry's - Verious locations in the city/suburbs. They are an art supply/home decorating store but carry a few pens and some ink.

Since I work near Paradise Pen, I typically buy my ink from them...However, they tend to be overpriced on pens - so I go "touch and feel" them at the store and then buy them online from a reputable dealer.

Mike

I live in the Denver area - the selections are few - besides Paradise Pen

1. Crane Paper - Cherry Creek Mall - carry Lamy, Namiki, Monte Verde, etc.  Also, good selection of papers, journals, etc.

2. Meininger - Another art store with a growing fine pen department in downtown area  - I haven't been up there yet.  Check out this link. http://www.meininger.com/Fine_Pens/pen_dept.cfm

3. Guiry's - Verious locations in the city/suburbs. They are an art supply/home decorating store but carry a few pens and some ink.

Since I work near Paradise Pen, I typically buy my ink from them...However, they tend to be overpriced on pens - so I go "touch and feel" them at the store and then buy them online from a reputable dealer.

Mike

I think you have listed all the ones that I know of. I also do the test, feel in the stores, then order on-line. I do buy all my inks, paper, etc.. locally.

Guiry's on S. Colorado Blvd has a excellent selection of pens and accessories. They also do Pen shows a few times a year, where all the pen vendors are there to show their products. They do drawings for free stuff, and have discounts on all purchases for the week of the show.

Amongst the stores listed I can find any brand and color of ink available.

Bob

Edited by bobioden

I'll have to check out the Guiry's on S. Colorado - I went to the one on Bowles Ave and they didn't have much selection of pens.

Also, the Paradise Pen in Park Meadows started carrying limited choices of Noodler's Ink also in addition to PR, Waterman, Pelikan, etc.

Meininger has a good selection of Noodler's and Private Reserve. They have a fair selection of pens. Sometimes they have a person behind the counter who knows pens and sometimes they do not.

The Paradise Pens in Cherry Creek also has some Noodler's; the PP in Tabor Center does not.

I still need to check out that Guiry's on So. Colo.

Isn't sanity really a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking! But when you're good and crazy . . . ooh hoo hoo hoo! . . . the sky's the limit!

--The Tick

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll head to Meininger tomorrow, its right next to the UCD campus where I work. I'll check out Guiry's on south Colorado as well. Thanks everyone.

I try to shop Meininger's as much as possible. There is one interesting and colorful woman who works the pen counter (sorry, but I forgot her name). Not only is she a FP user, but is very knowledgable on all of their substantial inventory. No problem test driving anything they carry. Last visit, I left with a Lamy Safari ($25).

I found the Paridise Pen shop in the Cherry Creek mall has more knowlegable and FP savvy staff than their other shops.

Just my thoughts.

Twotone

• 2 weeks later...

Some additional comments -

I finally made it to Meiningers and Guiry's this weekend....Meininger's has a big selection of ink - a wide variety of brands...However, they did not have the colors I was looking for in PR or Noodlers. They also have a good selection of pens.

At Guiry's, I found them to have a good selection of pens and a bigger selection of Noodler's Ink and Private Reserve...I even picked up a Pelikano ($14) for a cheap extra FP. The people were very helpful and seemed to know the various pens.

A heads up - Guiry's is having a pen show on Dec 9th at the S. Colorado store - pen company representatives and 20 - 30% off pens on that day.

Mike

P.S. Bought a new bottle of Noodler's Lexington Grey and then proceeded to drop it in my driveway and smash it.....can you say ouch! :doh: :(

Thanks for the heads up on the Pen Show at Guiry's. I was at their last one and the place was packed. They had lots of give-a-ways, most were pens donated by the pen companies that were there. I highly recommed whoever has the chance to go and check it out.

Bob

• 2 years later...

Hi, Just found this link through another post.

In Boulder, there is Two Hands Paperie on West Pearl Street.....nice store with lots of pens (Namiki, Rotring, OnLine, Lamy, LePieriere (sp?) - pretty good selection of bottled inks. Very large variety of journals. Many unusual styles, plus the standards....Moleskine, etc. Their prices tend to be on the high side ($10.99 for J. Herbin bottled ink). But it's a fun store to browse and I've bought many pens there. It's also locally owned.

Just read in another post (but haven't seen them mentioned here) of two stores in Ft. Collins. The Right Card in Old Town (north College Ave near CSU campus) and Sign with Prestige, 1825 E. Harmony Road. I intend to check them both out this weekend!!

Other than that, I, too, recommend Meininger's. The main woman who runs the fountain pen counter is very knowledgeable and competent and friendly. She's worked there 17 years I think she said. They recently had a 30% off coupon for anything in the store. Of course, I spent it on pens!! They're running a 20% off coupon thru the end of April.

I'm going to check Guiry's too. I think that might be where my first Namiki vanishing point came from (it was a gift).

Thanks for the info. I'm loving reading what everyone has to say!

Melanie

• 5 years later...

Hello all,

I found this post through a search. Thank you all. I was at Meiningers this weekend and was impressed with their fountain pen selection. They also currently have several nice ones on clearance. I have yet to go to Guirys but am looking forward to going.

Thank you for the shops in Boulder, I have a friend that lives up there and is the one that got me into Fountain pens. I am looking forward to checking out some of these other stores listed here. Thanks again everybody.

Jesse http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• 2 months later...

I'm in Denver for a few days visiting my kids. It looks like I might have a bit of time on my hands, so I think I'll check out some of the local stationers to determine whether I need a new pen and maybe a new bottle of ink.

Thanks for the recommendations, friends...

FYI: since this thread started, the Paridise shop in the Cherry Creek mall closed -- there's one in Park Meadows. Cherry Creek does have a Mont Blanc boutique shop.