Akkerman Inks From The Netherlands

Michael R.

I came across the following inks here: pw-akkerman

http://www.pw-akkerman.nl/hofleverancier/kleurenkaart-sample.jpg

image taken from: http://www.pw-akkerman.nl/hofleverancier/kleurenkaart-sample.jpg

http://www.pw-akkerman.nl/afbeeldingen_startpag/images/34_2012_Akkerman-FlesOKOK-1000.jpg

image taken from: http://www.pw-akkerman.nl/afbeeldingen_startpag/34_2012_Akkerman-FlesOKOK-1000.html

30 nice looking ink colors come in beautiful bottles.

I do not know if those are unique inks or specially labeled and re-bottled inks already available under a different name (maybe Diamine or Callifolio ???). Unfortunately I did not get an answer to this question by the store owners ninja.gif so I guess I have to find out by myself. It would be a really nice surprise in case those are indeed new ink colors...

I might get a few bottles just for the nice bottles?

Does anybody know more about those inks?

Cheers

Michael ...who is going to by some lottery tickets to afford new inks :puddle:

You are the reason many of us are now interested in Akkerman ink, with their wonderful bottles. Thank you for introducing us, Michael.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Professor Plume

• saintsimon

• WOBentley

I don't have a sense of scale with these bottles (heck, I don't have much of a sense of scale of anything). Does anyone have an approximate measure of the top portion? I'm trying to figure out if they would accommodate the large Visconti nibs. Thanks!

They will.

What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Yes, they will accept any pen including a marker.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 5 months later...

Any of our fine USA pen shops interested in importing these lovelies??

Akkerman inks may be found at vanness.com, a mom and pop pen shop in Arkansas. Very helpful on the phone, the number of which I don't have at hand. Buy three bottles and get free shipping and no tax if out of state. I just bought the Ackerman gris to outfit my soon-to-be Pelikan Stresemann.

• 4 months later...

Where can I buy a sample of some of these inks? Like maybe 2ml or so?

+AMDG+

Shocking Blue (#5) has exceptional sheen, and Rood Haags Pluche (#19) is a really beautiful deep red. Oranje Boven (#16) is much brighter in real life --I call it "circus peanut" orange.

• 8 months later...

Akkerman inks may be found at vanness.com, a mom and pop pen shop in Arkansas. Very helpful on the phone, the number of which I don't have at hand. Buy three bottles and get free shipping and no tax if out of state. I just bought the Ackerman gris to outfit my soon-to-be Pelikan Stresemann.

Thanks for finding that, Moruk. One tweak on the domain name: vanness1938.com

Did anyone ever find out who produces these inks?

Are they rebottled ink from another label, custom contracted colors from another ink producer (like so many from Sailor), or is it a boutique ink producer?

Did anyone ever find out who produces these inks?

Are they rebottled ink from another label, custom contracted colors from another ink producer (like so many from Sailor), or is it a boutique ink producer?

A trade secret, but I would suspect Diamine. Akkerman Shocking Blue is very similar to Diamine's Majestic Blue.

A trade secret, but I would suspect Diamine. Akkerman Shocking Blue is very similar to Diamine's Majestic Blue.

Many do suspect that Diamine are the manufacturers of Akkerman's inks, but that does not necessarily mean that Diamine's own branded inks have a direct equivalent in Akkerman's (as opposed to many of Chesterfield's inks). More than likely (possibly wishful thinking from my part) they are made from recipes that are owned by Akkerman and proprietary to the Dutch company. I think there are a couple of other companies that have their inks made according to their specifications by Diamine.

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Many do suspect that Diamine are the manufacturers of Akkerman's inks, but that does not necessarily mean that Diamine's own branded inks have a direct equivalent in Akkerman's (as opposed to many of Chesterfield's inks). More than likely (possibly wishful thinking from my part) they are made from recipes that are owned by Akkerman and proprietary to the Dutch company. I think there are a couple of other companies that have their inks made according to their specifications by Diamine.

I don't know for sure, but I agree with Noihvo: I have compared the most commonly mentioned similar inks by Diamine and Akkerman to see if they are the same color, and they most certainly are not. So while Diamine may make the Akkerman inks, the colors are unique.

I'm not so sure. I've tried few of them and frankly it's hard to show the difference (even on chromatography) between Hopjesbruin and Diamine Sepia, Voorhut Violet and Diamine Damson, Gardua Rot and Diamine Monaco Red, Groenmarkt Smaragd and Diamine Umber, Oranje Boven and Diamine Orange.