Akkerman Inks From The Netherlands

Michael R.

The ball fitting in the neck mechanism is a common one when only a small amount of liquid is required at once. It is found a lot in medical cleaners etc.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• Professor Plume

• saintsimon

• WOBentley

Maybe we could ask if The Writing Desk intend to import these inks to the UK if there is sifficient demand.

I'd certainly be up for buying some.

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

I don't have a sense of scale with these bottles (heck, I don't have much of a sense of scale of anything). Does anyone have an approximate measure of the top portion? I'm trying to figure out if they would accommodate the large Visconti nibs. Thanks!

The bottle is about 13.5cm tall, clearance above the stopper in the top is about 3 to 3.5cm, (1in = 2.54cm). These are special inks to mark their 100th year of trading (I think), I didn't notice them for sale when I went to the shop in about October (but then I may not have noticed) it may be a matter of when they're gone, they're gone. EDIT this assumption corrected below.

Edited by epo

Since Nr. 10 is an Iron Gall ink, the ink supplier(s?) cannot (only?) be Private Resereve.

These pretty and praktical bottles at a great price with nice ink colours have a potential for cult status.

Edited by saintsimon

... These are special inks to mark their 100th year of trading (I think), ... it may be a matter of when they're gone, they're gone.

On their homepage, the small print says:"... Ter gelegenheid van het 100 jarig bestaan heeft P.W. Akkerman een eigen inktlijn geïntroduceerd. ..."

It says Akkerman used the occasion of their 100 year anniversary to introduce their own ink line. That sounds like a permanent product line, not an LE.

So, collectors: no panic! ;)

Like Michael, the colours remind me of the French Callifolio inks, which can be ordered here:http://www.artisanpastellier.com

Edited by saintsimon

Like Michael, the colours remind me of the French Callifolio inks, ...

...or Diamine!?

No other company offers that man blue and bright red inks.

Cheers

Michael

Their Nr 10 is a blue black i.g. ("IJzer Galnoten bl/zw"). So Diamine's Registrar's ink is a candidate.

Edited by saintsimon

The ball fitting in the neck mechanism is a common one when only a small amount of liquid is required at once. It is found a lot in medical cleaners etc.

Do you have a link? I've been trying to find them since you mentioned it, but all I get are Ramune/Codd bottles, which seal closed instead of the akkerman design.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

I don't have a sense of scale with these bottles (heck, I don't have much of a sense of scale of anything). Does anyone have an approximate measure of the top portion? I'm trying to figure out if they would accommodate the large Visconti nibs. Thanks!

The bottle is about 13.5cm tall, clearance above the stopper in the top is about 3 to 3.5cm, (1in = 2.54cm).

Thanks so much for this. Now I really, really want some of those bottles.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

In case it's not obvious these bottles have a thin waist and a glass ball in the top half (is this a traditional Dutch design?). The idea is you invert the bottle briefly and then undo the screw cap and fill your pen from the ink trapped in the top reservoir.

emphasis mine

I think it is: take a look at this post on the Copier Gimborn bottle. What a pretty, practical object!

Ryan.

The pictures of the classic Copier / Gimborn bottles have suddenly disappeared from post #44 withoud being edited :blink:

Edited by saintsimon

In case it's not obvious these bottles have a thin waist and a glass ball in the top half (is this a traditional Dutch design?). The idea is you invert the bottle briefly and then undo the screw cap and fill your pen from the ink trapped in the top reservoir.

emphasis mine

I think it is: take a look at this post on the Copier Gimborn bottle. What a pretty, practical object!

Ryan.

The pictures of the classic Copier / Gimborn bottles have suddenly disappeared from post #44 withoud being edited :blink:

google tells me it looks like the akkermans, still trying to find out what they're called =T

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

I sent them an email asking about shipping to USA. (Also to L' Artisan Pastellier about theirs).

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

emphasis mine

Ryan.

That's strange, the pics were there when I inked to it last night!

R.

I sent them an email asking about shipping to USA. (Also to L' Artisan Pastellier about theirs).

As ever, a man of action! :thumbup:

Ryan.

edit: too too many many articles articles

Edited by drifting

Here is that image which was also displayed in the TWSBI bottle design thread.

"This eightsided bottle is designed in 1936 by Andries Dirk Copier (1901 - 1991) for the Dutch ink manufacture Gimborn. It comes in two varieties, the more common "langhals" (long neck) and the smaller "babylanghals".

post-25926-127319374401.jpg

There's a bunch of other vintage images here: http://www.1001inkbottles.com/gimbornandrenardinks.asp

Edited by SamCapote

I have some friends in Netherlands who will get this for me if necessary.

Like Michael, the colours remind me of the French Callifolio inks, which can be ordered here:http://www.artisanpastellier.com

... (Also to L' Artisan Pastellier about theirs).

You both have very bad influence on me... :gaah:

I've just orderd the following Callifolio inks from http://www.artisanpastellier.com:

•  
  • OCONTO
  • ITZAMNA
  • HAVANE
  • GRIS PAYNE
  • ANDRINOPLE
  • OHLANGA
  • OLIFANTS
  • OMI OSUN
  • BLEU ATLANTIQUE
  • BOURGOGNE
  • BLEU AZUR
  • BLEU PACIFIQUE

:wub:

(shipping from France to Germany is 17 Euro)

You can view additional color samples of the Callifolio inks here:

Callifolio Ink Samples on http://forum.styloplume.net

(http://forum.styloplume.net/)

and here:

http://encres.styloplume.net/

and here:

http://blog.styloplume.net.

Also inks are available not only in glass bottles but also refill pouches (more ink for less money).

On the matter of the Akkerman inks I'm still undecided which inks to get. The more I think about it the more I believe it is rebottled Diamine inks (which is not a bad thing but I have most of the Diamine inks already :blush:). I will get a few bottles anyways sooner or later just for the great bottles.

Cheers

Michael