The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Soffer 31 Review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krokens

krokens

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2011 - 21:24

Soffer 31 is a FP made in Spain by the end of the 50's. As you can see in the photos, it is another imitation of the Parker 51/21.

I've got the pen through ebay some days ago. I inked it with Montblanc Irish ink to perform the test.

Posted Image

Text is in Spanish, but I think it doesn't mind. Anyway, sorry.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Appearance

Very similar to the well-known Parker 21/51. Made in plastic with a metal cap. The clip is fully close to the Parker's.
The pen is light, lighter than other Parker 21's that I have. I think that this difference in weight is due to the worse quality of the plastic and the metal.

Filling System

Aerometric. Exactly the same system and design than the Parker 21. Easy to fill and no problem at all with the filling system.

Nib and Performance

Nib is very fine. In my opinion is XF, but I don't have any reference. I was really surprised with this nib. The first impression was that it was a bit scratchy, but after writing some pages, the nib became very smooth. It's a pleasure to write with the pen, even though I don't like so much the extra fine nibs. Also, I didn't have any problem in the feeding system. Ink flows very well without any failures.

Cost and value

This is a collector pen . The cost was around USD20 (15€). For this price I think that Soffer 31 has a very good cost/value ratio. Pen writes very well.

Cheers

Sponsored Content

#2 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,497 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:25

Here's one! Here's one!
http://global.ebay.c...0277750273/item

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#3 kuno

kuno

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:29

The sac in the ebay listing above looks clear. I wonder if they used Pli-glass (or a modcop of it) in the pens?

#4 krokens

krokens

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 January 2011 - 20:49

Here's one! Here's one!
http://global.ebay.c...0277750273/item

I bought mine to this seller. Great one!! (no relationship at all)

Sponsored Content

|