What Does Your Stationery Look Like?

inkspot

Original Crown Mill Pure Cotton pads and matching lined envelopes. I've seen only a couple reviews of it here before, but I find it excellent. It's luxurious yet restrained.

You talked me into it ;) Just ordered some of this - can't wait to try it!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• GreenVelvet

• ribbit

• IWantThat

I thought I might add to this topic as well. I'm a big fan of the Popular Arts (aka comics and pulp art). Most of my stationery I used for letter writing reflects this. This is a picture of my writing station. And a close up of a small sample of my collection. I went a little over board with these letter sets and have more than I'll probably ever use.

For anyone interested them I found them on Things From Another World (www.tfaw.com)

2011-02-04%2001.02.26.jpg

And a close up.

2011-02-04%2001.21.04.jpg

Hopefully these links will work, as this is my first time using the online Picasa.

I'm not seeing the images, is anyone else?

I love tfaw! I don't know what sets you have pictured, but I have a ton of Dark Horse stationery myself. Some of it is more FP-friendly than others, but I'm pretty in love with the designs so I forgive much there.

I splurged on a box of engraved Crane's notes and a box of kid finish letter sheets. What a mistake! The letter sheets are horrid. Feathers like cheap notebook paper. And it is too expensive to not use. :crybaby: :crybaby:

I splurged on a box of engraved Crane's notes and a box of kid finish letter sheets. What a mistake! The letter sheets are horrid. Feathers like cheap notebook paper. And it is too expensive to not use. :crybaby: :crybaby:

That's awful! I bought some letter sheets from Crane (I think they are the kid finish, but I could be wrong), and although they are not the nicest paper I've written on, they appear to take the ink quite well. However, I do tend to use fine nibs, or medium nibs with a drier ink. I hope you can perhaps find a pen and ink combination that will allow you to use them with at least some pleasure. Are your engraved notes good for writing?

Oh no! Is it the hydrangea stationery? I, too, hope you find a pen/ink combo that will work. They're lovely. If your YOL writes very wet, maybe you do just need to try a drier ink :)

Tamara

I love tfaw! I don't know what sets you have pictured, but I have a ton of Dark Horse stationery myself. Some of it is more FP-friendly than others, but I'm pretty in love with the designs so I forgive much there.

That's a drag. I thought the links would work.

I picked up my first Dark Horse set at the San Diego comic-con, and then bought something like 20 more online. I have a lot more now. You're right about the FP friendly part though. Some more than others, but I use my blotter on the more stubborn pages and we get along just fine.

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment. - Lao Tzu

Today my birthday stationery came in. G. Lalo A5 paper in champagne, with matching envelopes, and Clairefontaine Triomphe A5 lined paper with matching envelopes. I wrote a letter on the Triomphe to celebrate and it was LOVELY. The G. Lalo is almost too dressy to use, but my next letter will be on it anyway!

Today my birthday stationery came in. G. Lalo A5 paper in champagne, with matching envelopes, and Clairefontaine Triomphe A5 lined paper with matching envelopes. I wrote a letter on the Triomphe to celebrate and it was LOVELY. The G. Lalo is almost too dressy to use, but my next letter will be on it anyway!

How exciting! What a great birthday gift! I think good stationery is like good china - there is no point leaving it in the cupboard to collect dust. Use it and enjoy!

as a student, my stationary is just standard 8.5x11 lined and printer paper. nothing fancy D:

http://i.imgur.com/EZMTw.gif "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -Aldous Huxley

Parker 45 F, Lamy Safari EF, Lamy 2000 F, TWSBI Diamond 530 F, Reform 1745 F, Hero 616 F, Pilot Varsity F, Pilot 78g F,

I picked up my first Dark Horse set at the San Diego comic-con, and then bought something like 20 more online. I have a lot more now. You're right about the FP friendly part though. Some more than others, but I use my blotter on the more stubborn pages and we get along just fine.

Well, for what it's worth, I can see them just fine now!

I recognize the "Birds of a Letter" set (I have that one and love it), but I don't recognize the others. What is the one second from the right, with the two critters in bed at the bottom? I really like that one!

Well, for what it's worth, I can see them just fine now!

I recognize the "Birds of a Letter" set (I have that one and love it), but I don't recognize the others. What is the one second from the right, with the two critters in bed at the bottom? I really like that one!

The one on the far left is Sock Monkey (can't go wrong with that) and the one you're looking at with the critters is: Craig Thompson's Chunky Rice paper. I really like that one myself because the colors are so bright and it gives a lot of writing space. Some of the other sets can be a bit too much art, not enough space to write. Very fun set, and because tfaw.com sells them for $5 its easy to get more than you need. Which seems to be my case because I write my friends and they send me emails or facebook messages. bleh.

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment. - Lao Tzu

The one on the far left is Sock Monkey (can't go wrong with that) and the one you're looking at with the critters is: Craig Thompson's Chunky Rice paper. I really like that one myself because the colors are so bright and it gives a lot of writing space. Some of the other sets can be a bit too much art, not enough space to write. Very fun set, and because tfaw.com sells them for $5 its easy to get more than you need. Which seems to be my case because I write my friends and they send me emails or facebook messages. bleh.

Awesome, thanks!

(If you're sick of your friends sending you emails in response to a letter, check out the snail mail writing list thread here on FPN...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just ordered some cute correspondence cards for an incredible price! I was able to fully customize my design, and had a huge selection of paper-types to choose from. I love these and can't wait for them to arrive!

fpn_1318297809__correspondence_card.jpg

No, the band at the bottom was not designed by a 5 year-old finger-paint artist, the swirlies are my blurred out name.

Edited by inkspot

I have way too much stationery to point out individually, but there are lots of stationery photos scattered throughout my blog.

I can't compete with Blade Runner's collection (!!) but here are my stationery shelves. That photo is over a year old and the collection has grown a wee bit since then..

:embarrassed_smile:

No need to compete when you are already deeply rooted in the "winners' circle" of stationery! Hope you enjoy using it!

I recently bought some of this Papyrus stationery - beautiful paper! It has a slightly toothy texture and takes ink wonderfully!

I love the description: "slightly toothy texture"... being new to this, I "get it" immediately. It seems much like learning the language of wine tasting. Thank you!

• 4 months later...

I have been taking photos of some of my paper lately and thought I'd share these photos of some vintage stationery I own. Yes, I'm quite the stationery collector. :embarrassed_smile:

This one is Kellogg's Valencienne in pink and the sticker notes it is French Deckle. A lot of the nicer vintage sets I come across remind me of French stationery today. Perhaps that's why I love both.

fpn_1329946092__img_8610.jpg

Here is some vintage gold and silver cameo stationery by White & Wyckoff. I believe I posted a photo of it before in a watermarks post.

fpn_1329947222__vintage_cameo_gold_stationery.jpg

The box is really lovely, too.

fpn_1329947434__vintage_cameo_stationery_top.jpg

Here is some vintage white and blue cameo stationery by Hytone.

fpn_1329947298__vintage_cameo_blue_stationery.jpg

And here is some light and airy onion skin stationery in various colors. It took me awhile to find the pink set, once I realized there was a pink one.

fpn_1329947756__onion_skin_pink_blue_yellow_green_stationery.jpg

Those are so lovely! I especially love that first pink set and the blue cameo set! Thanks for sharing.

Now I need to go and find some cameo stationery...