What Does Your Stationery Look Like?

inkspot

You guys are enablers!

So I caved and ordered two boxes of the snail mail cards, the fleur de lis notes, and the typewriter notes. I have wanted to place an order with Crane for a while now, but I managed to resist... until I saw those snail mail cards! How could I resist?

bunny01.gif

We do what we can ;) I just put in an order, myself. I had to restock my lady bug notes and my bumble bees :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• GreenVelvet

• ribbit

• IWantThat

Oh post it! Even better-bring some to the club meeting.

My personalized Crane stationery...(cause you asked for it):

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/NeitherGoodNorBad/Pens%20and%20Paper/DSC00169.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/NeitherGoodNorBad/Pens%20and%20Paper/DSC00161.jpg

Tamara

Thank you, Tamara. Such a treat to see your paper. Also, Foils and Dies is the type of shop one usually only dreams of walking into — amazing space, and they did beautiful work on you stationery.

Oh post it! Even better-bring some to the club meeting.

My personalized Crane stationery...(cause you asked for it):

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/NeitherGoodNorBad/Pens%20and%20Paper/DSC00169.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/NeitherGoodNorBad/Pens%20and%20Paper/DSC00161.jpg

Very lovely! I love the simplicity, yet it still has lots of character. Thanks for sharing!

Lovely photos of your stationery. I have more than I can use in a lifetime. Despite having everything I could ever need, I recently package of J.Lalo blue and Clairfontaine white. My next purchase is some new address labels.

I received my order from Crane. I am most impressed with the Kate Spade typewriter notes--the engraving is done beautifully, the paper is luxurious. They were definitely a splurge at $35 for a box of twelve notecards and envelopes, but the quality is very good! This isn't a great photo of the stationery itself (the Kate Spade logo on the box is distracting), but it shows the lovely little typewriter.

http://www.crane.com/crnImages/TB4004/zoom-v1-TB4004.jpg

Edited by reprieve

I love the Kate Spade designs, and the quality of the paper. Those typewriter cards are lovely! I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of using them! I always find that is the hardest part with pretty stationery - I want to keep it forever!

I received my order from Crane. I am most impressed with the Kate Spade typewriter notes--the engraving is done beautifully, the paper is luxurious. They were definitely a splurge at $35 for a box of twelve notecards and envelopes, but the quality is very good! This isn't a great photo of the stationery itself (the Kate Spade logo on the box is distracting), but it shows the lovely little typewriter.

AH... the photo wasn't clear about that logo, and I was under the impression that it was on every darn card, which totally turned me off. Now I think they look lovely!

Inkspot,

I share your love of beautiful writing paper. The problem is, I have less and less occasion to use it, since in the age of e-mail, most of my friends find my writing letters to be an eccentric anachronism. One dear friend said that I was too eighteenth century!

Be that as it may, the stationery I have is Cassegrain blue, and Pineider Florentia light blue. I still have a couple of sheets and matching envelopes of my favorite Pineider stationery, white with a thin grey border, which I purchased about twenty years ago, and which would now be prohibitively expensive!

AH... the photo wasn't clear about that logo, and I was under the impression that it was on every darn card, which totally turned me off. Now I think they look lovely!

I thought the same thing, actually! I only ordered them after I did a Google search--I was able to find a photo on another website that showed the logo clearly on the outside of the plastic lid on the box. I'm very happy with them (and the snail mail cards are even nicer in person! I haven't written on those yet, but it feels like the same paper).

Inkspot,

I share your love of beautiful writing paper. The problem is, I have less and less occasion to use it, since in the age of e-mail, most of my friends find my writing letters to be an eccentric anachronism. One dear friend said that I was too eighteenth century!

Be that as it may, the stationery I have is Cassegrain blue, and Pineider Florentia light blue. I still have a couple of sheets and matching envelopes of my favorite Pineider stationery, white with a thin grey border, which I purchased about twenty years ago, and which would now be prohibitively expensive!

Too eighteenth century?!?! Wow! The crew here would consider that quite the compliment ;)

Your stationary sounds wonderful! I love the elegance and simplicity of grey and white. Check out the letter exchange thread in the write stuff forum and you'll find plenty of opportunity to use your stationery.

Here's my small collection! Lots of Japanese stationary which is surprisingly FP friendly, a cute down half ream, a ream(both crane), and some of my notebooks! Oh, and a selection of my handmade envelopes. :)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5217/5390915970_e9b2ef1870.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5390915810_f7edf09f9b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5058/5390307443_2292b2b0cc.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5390307649_ea24b1ffb6.jpg

Original Crown Mill Pure Cotton pads and matching lined envelopes. I've seen only a couple reviews of it here before, but I find it excellent. It's luxurious yet restrained. I don't fancy printed or decorated stationery. G. Lalo Verge de France, Clairefontaine Triomphe large writing pad (from Swisher), Original Crown Mill Vellum Cards with envelopes (color: "Mango") and Diane de Poitiers boxed set. I also have an assortment of laid and cotton papers and envelopes from http://www.jampaper.com/ If you live in or ever visit NYC I highly recommend them! Their selection is wonderful and they are very affordable.

My husbeast offered to buy me some stationery for my birthday, so I think I'm going to get some of the G. Lalo A5 tablets and envelopes. I *could* get personalized stuff, but I think I'd rather have great paper quality and then bring color to the page with my ink. (I might ask him for some of those Kate Spade "snail mail" cards, though, too. Those are cute.)

At the moment I have a pack of cream 120gsm post quarto laid writing paper and (supposedly) matching tissue-lined envelopes from WHSmith. Despite being from their "premium" range, I can't say I'm massively fond of it. In hindsight, 120gsm is a bit heavy and stiff for my taste and the tissue lining in the envelopes is perhaps a little too dandy for me!

I'll need to go shopping soon for some more "business" suitable stationery, so I think I'll be on the lookout for crisp whites, maybe 90-100gsm weight, and printer-friendly sizes this time.

Inkspot,

I have received the same comment, but I take it as a great compliment!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png "Of all of the instruments of war, diplomacy, and revolution, the pen has been the silent giant determining the fate of nations." -Justin Brundin

I thought I might add to this topic as well. I'm a big fan of the Popular Arts (aka comics and pulp art). Most of my stationery I used for letter writing reflects this. This is a picture of my writing station. And a close up of a small sample of my collection. I went a little over board with these letter sets and have more than I'll probably ever use.

For anyone interested them I found them on Things From Another World (www.tfaw.com)

2011-02-04%2001.02.26.jpg

And a close up.

2011-02-04%2001.21.04.jpg

Hopefully these links will work, as this is my first time using the online Picasa.

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment. - Lao Tzu