What Does Your Stationery Look Like?

inkspot

I love beautiful papers and lovely cards to write letters and notes on. I'm curious, what does your stationery look like? I currently have beautiful teal and gold butterfly letter sheets (shown here, bumble bee correspondence cards (shown here), and tiny lady bug note cards (shown here). I also have some beautiful cards on their way from France.

Edit: Seemed to have forgotten a couple parentheses :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by inkspot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• GreenVelvet

• ribbit

• IWantThat

Those bees are great! How is the paper? I've heard Crane has become less fp friendly... I don't have anything interesting-just the large Clairfontaine Triomphe pads

I haven't found any problems with the Crane products, though I do tend to use finer nibs and drier inks with those cards. They also seem to have a greater variety of papers now, so perhaps some types are less FP friendly than others.

wouldn't have thought I would like those bumble bees, but these are nice!

I don't have that nice stationery, I hardly ever have use for it, besides company paper.

But I really do appreciate nice engraved-printed papers.

Cacoethes scribendi

wouldn't have thought I would like those bumble bees, but these are nice!

Aren't they wonderful? I like the little touch of whimsy with the overall elegance of the set. I like to write lots of letters, and I love pretty stationery, but I also wanted something that I enjoyed but that my male pen pals wouldn't object to. They fit perfectly.

Hmmm, nice choice, bumble bees.

In Europe crane is a bit harder to get, but I like thesis paper from cranes so much I really go through a lot of trouble to get it.

And when I get it I'll take 150 letter sized leafs and have them bound in the most beautiful made notebook. The paper is 100% cotton, acid free, archival quality with a nice watermark. the binding is made to last forever ad I really enjoy using them.

I also use them to write sometimes a letter, but I don't get to much comment on the paper. People got so used to using crappy paper they don't look at it anymore.

A couple of weeks ago I held a 1790's book with a superb flamingo painted in it. It was magnificent paper, a truly superb piece of workmanship in binding and even after centuries still an awesome piece of work that made me respect the guy that made the paper, the printer, the one that painted the pictures and the bookbinder. All of them did a wonderful job! http://www.teylersmuseum.eu/index.php?item=119&page=41&lang=nl the colors are a bit dull on my screen but almost luminous, bright and beautiful!

Today you hardly see that kind of superior craftsmanship. I needed to really search hard to find this paper that is fp friendly and of archival quality. I found a bookbinder that is able

To deliver spring backs, but he is literally on the other side of my country.

And to me it is all worth it.

But with stationary it's the same. It's so difficult to find decent stationary: good paper, sharp printing, nice envelopes to go with it. There aren't that many companies that can deliver such craftsmanship.

But I'm rambling on a bit. I would like to see more stationary from other people!

Edited by alecgold

Cacoethes scribendi

Here's some of my stationery wardrobe which consists of >100 boxed sets and 9 reams, mostly 100% cotton in a variety of sizes, weights, colors, and trim. My favorite is d Crane's Monarch sheets, 32lb, 100% cotton, pearl white copperplate engraved with my name in navy blue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/PAPER/IMG_0334.jpg

Since recently getting some pen pals and trying to find decent Stationery that is also what I am willing to pay, I've been pretty disappointed.

I picked up some clearance printed sets from Target but they are folding note cards with envelopes. Very pretty but not necessarily what I consider letter writing material.

I do have some printer stationery I picked up from Staples about 4 years ago now, that is cream with leaves on it. It's pretty, and I've just been writing on it and then bought an envelope template to make envelopes out of the same paper.

However, tonight I went by Micheal's and picked up a thick pad of scrapbook papers with an "All Seasons" theme to start making envelopes out of with my template. I figure if my envelopes are fancy, then I can write on whatever FP friendly paper I choose, like bagesse, and my letters will still be fun and have some personality at a price I am willing to pay.

Your mileage may vary of course.

Here's some of my stationery wardrobe which consists of >100 boxed sets and 9 reams, mostly 100% cotton in a variety of sizes, weights, colors, and trim. My favorite is d Crane's Monarch sheets, 32lb, 100% cotton, pearl white copperplate engraved with my name in navy blue...

Blade Runner, your stationery collection is the ULTIMATE notworthy1.gif

Tamara

My Triomphe is so well behaved I have a hard time justifying anything else. I would like some correspondence cards though. I would kill to have the rooster from Crane's fold over notes on correspondence cards.

I would kill to have the rooster from Crane's fold over notes on correspondence cards.

I haven't seen the rooster. Can you post a picture or a link? I have a friend who does chicken research - she would LOVE good quality rooster cards!

On myphone so I can't link but I'll give directions. :)

Stationery to boxed stationery to folded notes to hand engraved notes. Second page I think.

I keep chickens so I really want them but I hate the wasted paper. Can't write on the back because of the engraving 'hole.'

http://www.crane.com/stationery/boxed-stationery/folded-notes/Hand%20Engraved%20Notes/HandEngravedNotes/HandEngravedRoosterNotes?PID=JN1874&pcat=HandEngravedNotes

Edited by ribbit

I received personalized Crane folded notes for my birthday last year from my husband. We went to the store (Papyrus at the local mall) and looked through the numerous Crane books. I settled on triple debossed ecru notes with my full name engraved in dark green with a fountain pen motif above my name. :cloud9: I have the engraving die as well, so at some point down the road I'll add letter sheets to the collection.

I too have my personalized Crane stationery and the die for my monogram so I can have them reprinted any time. We even have an amazing print shop here in Denver called Foil & Die, which does custom printing, embossing and letterpress. I may take my die there next time to get something really amazing :)

Tamara

I have way too much stationery to point out individually, but there are lots of stationery photos scattered throughout my blog.

I can't compete with Blade Runner's collection (!!) but here are my stationery shelves. That photo is over a year old and the collection has grown a wee bit since then..

:embarrassed_smile:

I love those shelves! I clearly have a long way to go with my stationery collection :embarrassed_smile:

+1 !!!!

What à collection some of you have! Unbelievable. And I feel a bit guilty about having a stash of 500 sheets of cranes thesis paper. And a few notebooks. Okay, handmade and really expensive ones, but noting to compare with these shelves of paper.

Cacoethes scribendi

My collection of stationery is very tiny, as I write only a few letters a year. I have Clairefontaine Triumphe paper and envelopes, and G. Lalo Verge de France paper and envelopes. And a few el cheapo Thank You notes from Staples...

Don't knock the el cheapo stuff - some of that has turned out to be some of my favourite paper and cards for correspondence. It tends to be cuter and easier to part with ;)

I too have my personalized Crane stationery and the die for my monogram so I can have them reprinted any time. We even have an amazing print shop here in Denver called Foil & Die, which does custom printing, embossing and letterpress. I may take my die there next time to get something really amazing :)

I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that.

This thread caused the need for shopping. Went to Joanns and bought a bunch of card stock to make envelopes. Been meaning to do that for a while. First few are drying now. Not exactly a suite of engraved Crane's but it will do.