What's So Special About This Pen?

fpman

wellcome to everyone!!

this is my first post so please be kind if i say nonsense or else

My name is Andrea i am from Florence italy and i have been owning a Skyline since 1986 after 25 years "i woke up" and in one weekend

i bought (or bid) about 50 W E Skylines ........ some friend told me is the first sign of a midlife crisis.....

In one bid i came across a Stainless Cap one and had to pay over 300 for it, haven't got it yet, will let you know how it is when i get

it.

I really have been keen on getting more pens, unfortunately this was my first ebay experience so i did make some mistakes resulting

in probably having quite a few doubles.

So i wonder if there is any chance to find kind people willing to exchange pens\parts.

I have to say i really enjoyed reading your comments and i am eager to become part of the Skyline World.

Since here is midnight

i would have to say

Buona notte a tutti

and a presto

Andrea

ps not a great one but this is what i had to bit on....

Benvenuti nel forum di Wahl-Eversharp Adrea!

Sounds like you really took the "plunge" off the high dive of fountain pen collecting into the deep end of the Wahl-Eversharp "swimming pool." That stainless skyline is a very important pen, and you are lucky to have won it. Congratulations. We look forward to your posts about it, and more information once you have it in your hands.

Now for some "kindly" advice. According to our rules all buying, selling, swapping trading or similar solicitations and activities must be conducted on the "Classifieds and Marketplace" forum or between parties in Private messaging. Unfortunately these rules make it incorrect to do so on the brand focus forums like this Wahl -Eversharp Forum. Because you are a newcomer and because you were so accepting of the possibility that you might not have all the protocol understood, I will let your post remain here and request that those who would like to reply to you on the topic of swapping, buying, selling or trading pens with you to do so via private messages hereafter. I suggest you copy your post to the Classified forum under the proper heading there. If you would like help doing that you can PM me and I will place it there for you.

Your Wahl Eversharp Moderator,

Syd

Edited by Wahlnut

Syd "the Wahlnut" Saperstein

Pensbury Manor

Vintage Wahl Eversharp Writing Instruments

Pensbury Manor

The WAHL-EVERSHARP Company

www.wahleversharp.com

New WAHL-EVERSHARP fountain and Roller-Ball pens

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fpman

• endriu

• Vintagepens

• Buzz J

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, stainless steel being worth more than gold, what a concept! :-) Nice looking pen though!

Sean

• 1 month later...

Kind of like alluminum being rarer than gold or silver back in the late 1800s, but I wander in my thoughts.

Just goes to show that the sum is indeed worth more than the parts.

the pen is the window into the writer's soul

www.spinningtrees.webuda.com

• 4 months later...

Dear Syd,

i thank you again for your nice message, unfortunately i have been out of the Forum for so long because I could not find the log in info i needed 'cause a bad hadrd drive crash, now and just learning how to navigate, and retrieved password again i will be posting more info on new rare aquisitions, and nice pictures of new Skylines, i will not post messages to try to sell, buy or exchange.... my goal i to know more people that share my passion for Skylines, and to learn about more models i did not come across before.....

Having said that will be interested in knowing more about silver capped ones since did not see any at all around only read some info on websites....

My very best

Andrea

wellcome to everyone!!

this is my first post so please be kind if i say nonsense or else

My name is Andrea i am from Florence italy and i have been owning a Skyline since 1986 after 25 years "i woke up" and in one weekend

i bought (or bid) about 50 W E Skylines ........ some friend told me is the first sign of a midlife crisis.....

In one bid i came across a Stainless Cap one and had to pay over 300 for it, haven't got it yet, will let you know how it is when i get

it.

I really have been keen on getting more pens, unfortunately this was my first ebay experience so i did make some mistakes resulting

in probably having quite a few doubles.

So i wonder if there is any chance to find kind people willing to exchange pens\parts.

I have to say i really enjoyed reading your comments and i am eager to become part of the Skyline World.

Since here is midnight

i would have to say

Buona notte a tutti

and a presto

Andrea

ps not a great one but this is what i had to bit on....

Benvenuti nel forum di Wahl-Eversharp Adrea!

Sounds like you really took the "plunge" off the high dive of fountain pen collecting into the deep end of the Wahl-Eversharp "swimming pool." That stainless skyline is a very important pen, and you are lucky to have won it. Congratulations. We look forward to your posts about it, and more information once you have it in your hands.

Now for some "kindly" advice. According to our rules all buying, selling, swapping trading or similar solicitations and activities must be conducted on the "Classifieds and Marketplace" forum or between parties in Private messaging. Unfortunately these rules make it incorrect to do so on the brand focus forums like this Wahl -Eversharp Forum. Because you are a newcomer and because you were so accepting of the possibility that you might not have all the protocol understood, I will let your post remain here and request that those who would like to reply to you on the topic of swapping, buying, selling or trading pens with you to do so via private messages hereafter. I suggest you copy your post to the Classified forum under the proper heading there. If you would like help doing that you can PM me and I will place it there for you.

Your Wahl Eversharp Moderator,

Syd

Dear Syd,

i thank you again for your nice message, unfortunately i have been out of the Forum for so long because I could not find the log in info i needed 'cause a bad hadrd drive crash, now and just learning how to navigate, and retrieved password again i will be posting more info on new rare aquisitions, and nice pictures of new Skylines, i will not post messages to try to sell, buy or exchange.... my goal i to know more people that share my passion for Skylines, and to learn about more models i did not come across before.....

Having said that will be interested in knowing more about silver capped ones since did not see any at all around only read some info on websites....

My very best

Andrea