Vintage Waterman 52

caliken

For sale :

Vintage Watermans 52. Imprinted Waterman's Ideal, made in Canada. The nib is a flexible No. 2.

The pen is in excellent condition for its age and is virtually unmkarked.

Nib flexibility is very subjective but the illustation will give an idea of its capabilities.

It could flex further but I prefer not to mistreat it!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd289/caliken_2007/PenFlexibility447.jpg

When first filled, it write a little wet, but it soon settles down to write as above.

$120 (£76.90) includes recorded delivery shipping worldwide.

Paypal payment only, please.

Please PM to secure.

Edited by caliken

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caliken

• topicM

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I've just realised that this was posted in the wrong place!! :blink:

Ken

Fantastic set of demonstrations on your wonderful site. Very much appreciated here.

Given the ubiquity of the computer and "typing" these days, I've wondered recently if a person's thoughts or ideas, whether in language or symbolic form as in mathematics, might depend somehow on the way they are written down.

If, in an imaginary world of the future, everyone from childhood onward were to type instead of initially write with pen or pencil on paper, would our future Newtons and Einsteins have come up with E equals m c squared so easily? Or Shroedinger his equation? Reading Gogol's account of exactly how he wrote his stories -- eight revisions on average in a notebook -- would he have been as likely to have produced "The Tale of How Ivan Ivanovich Quarrelled With Ivan Nikiforovich" -?

I suppose someone could, if they so desired, look at the quality of literature as it varied from the written age to the type-written and on to the PC and laptop. The type writing era often had a writer (Kurt Vonnegut, for instance) writing by hand on a legal pad and submitting it to his neighbor, a woman who was his typist for decades, who would send her work back for revisions and so on.

Kindly excuse my maundering. But your marvelous work has had quite an effect here, and I want to thank you again.

Keith

Keith

Edited by topicM