What Is Your Current Favorite Ink?

inkspot

KWZI Cherry. It's just the right kind of red for me. Very congenial but not at all waterproof.

Like the Wicked Witch of the West with water which is great if you get it on your hands.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• Fabienne

• amberleadavis

• reprieve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Mont Blanc Blue Black (new formulation) really should buy a bottle of it as I got through the 8 cartridges quickly.

Favorite is still Sailor Shigure...But a new ink has replaced Sailor Ultramarine as my number 2 Ink...KWZI Violet #4! A beautiful, vibrant and retina searing purple ink

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

My favorite is Noodler's Standard Turquoise. I feel like it is a wonderful everyday ink with a little flare. My husband really likes it as well. I the the shading it has and that it is a deeper almost ocean teal color.

I also love R & K Magenta. It is one of the only pink inks that I like because it is so dark but still looks pink. Like a beautiful raspberry sauce.

Life isn't always what you make it. Sometimes it just falls in your lap and you have to deal with it.

Just one?

I usually go by favorite ink of a certain colour

Red: Diamine Oxblood,

Black: Sailor Kiwa-Gura

Yellow/Orange: Bung-Box Fresh Oranges of Lake Hamana

Green: KN 'Bug Green'

Gold/Green: R&K Alt Goldgrun

Teal: Diamine Eau d' Nil

Purple/Pink: Bung-Box L'Amant

Brown/Sephia: P&M Cigar

etc ...

(blue, that I am still searching for. the perfect blue still being elusive)

Edited by tinkerteacher

Semper Faciens, Semper Discens

I seem to be doing an awful lot of work these days in Iroshizuku Yama-Guri - it's very much like the color of faded antique inks, which lends my writing a dignity that it hardly deserves.

Bung Box Imperial Purple has now claimed the number one spot as my favorite ink. Sailor Shigure has been demoted to number 2 favorite.

Those who hurt me were not only someone else,

but also those who pretended not to notice. It was my friend.

Current favourites are MB Daniel Defoe and Pelikan Edelstein Topaz. Simply love the colors and they behave very well.

Currently it's Diamine Asa Blue and Sailor Sky High. I've got a thing for blue ink in the summertime.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

Noodler's Navajo Turquoise for me. I have Private Reserve Ebony Blue in a Metro for signing things at work that is also nice.

Amusingly, I was just coming here to declare my love for Noodler's Navajo Turquoise. I love the dramatic shading (even in my Lamy Al-Star fine nib) and the brilliant electric blue color. My day is a tiny bit brighter every time I write with it.

• 2 years later...

Reds: Diamine Matador / Sunset

Orange: Diamine Pumpkin

Yellow: Nah

Green: Emerald of Chivor

Blue: Noodler's Baystate Blue / Diamine Steel Blue

Purple: RK Cassia / Iroshizuku Yama-Budo

Brown: Noodler's Kiowa Pecan / J Herbin Caroube de Chypre

Black: Nah

pen_master

My current favorite is Kaweco Summer Purple.

I'm definitely getting a bottle of this ink.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png