Danitrio tactical AKA 27$ pen

Cloud

Hello,

Welcome to the Danitrio tactical AKA 27$ pen, from winedoc.

I bought this pen after seeing a review in stylophile online: http://www.stylophilesonline.com/06-05/06alum.htm

I tought it looked cool and seemed very rugged. Having it in my hand you can sense the indestructibility of the pen. Every part is very precisely trimed and fits very well together.

I bought from a person in france (so it's second hand) It came in a wooden box with a converter named trio made in germany which seems of good quality.

http://img.photoamp.com/i/CAufkO.JPG

Appearance 4/5 ( I couldn't give more because it is a nice simple clean design)

The pen as a black metal body. The finish is mate. The pen as a retro kind of appeareance to me. It looks ok when it's closed but it shine when the cap is open. Then you understand why the diameter dimishes near the end. It as a style I consider bubbly and cheerry. Probably art deco, but I wasn't around in these times. Very standard no nonsense appeareance. Not flashy by terms of gold, trims or the like, but the nib is huge, so people will know it's a fountain pen!

http://img.photoamp.com/i/b6vZnd.JPG

Design size weight 4/5 (mostly because ut heavy)

The body is metal, so it's a heavy and massive pen. But on the other hand, if you need a self defense weapon this is an excellent choice. You could beat or stad somebody and the pen could probably still write. (since it's almost halloween, i'll be little more gruesome) Maybe if you hit a bone you could need a nib reallignement. It screws very tightly, there is a polymer material for screwing the top witch seems to seal the pen very tightly. The clip is prety neat, it goes over the top and will not damage any shirt or pocket. It's a good construction and design. I'll use this pen capless, normaly I put the cap on when I write, this sems to off balance the pen.

Nib design and performance 4/5 (for this segment of price, it exceed by far my expectations)

The nib is a standard irridium poinnt germany. Medium. It's stiff smooth and doesn't skip. I do not know for starting as I only very recently received the pen. I compared it to my danitrio cum laude, and the nib seems a little bit dryer with the same ink. It's still very nice. I seems a little bit less smooth then my Cum laude.

But, it's nicely wet, does a wonderful job.

http://img.photoamp.com/i/wGqqY5ja.JPG

The filling system 5/5

A nice converter which seemed to be top notch. Fits very tightly in the pen. I am experiencing problem filling the pen, because the nib is so long, and my bottle is low! But that is the only reproach I have for filling.

Cost/value 6/5 :)9

It's such a good pen, I've paid more the twice the price of this pen and not have a pen performing as well. Mind you I paid 40$. It was funny because I didn't know it was a 27$ pen, I just offered 40$... I taught the name was danitrio tactical and hadn't caught that it was also the 27$ pen.... anyway, it's probably one of the best value for the money.

23/25

Overall, I will enjoy having this pen for a long time. When I won't use it it will be a perfect lending pen because it is alomost indestructible. A little on the overweight size, but if I make it exercise enough it will be lighter! My feeling toward this pen, is very good. I am satisfied and I will use for a long time. The only thing that I would change is maybe a gold nib in the future (but I can still keep the pen for that) a nice two tone nib :drool:

Commit to be fit

ClaudeP.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• Cloud

• Samovar

• Mr. Sweet

Top Posters In This Topic

Good review Cloud!

I'm happy to see a fellow Québécois on FPN (I'm from Montreal).

My Danitrio tactical is in the mail somewhere between the USA and Canada. I cannot wait to get my hand on it and ink it. I got the silver model.

I found out this week that boutique du stylo in Montreal is carrying the pen for 34$ can, but I'm happy I bought from a fellow member of FPN.

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

Je suis certain que tu vas aimer ta plume. Moi j'adore la miene, je suis entrain de changer mes standards de comparaison pour mes futures plumes! Ca me fait plaisir de voir que je ne suis pas le seul Québécois sur le forum.

Edited by Cloud

Commit to be fit

ClaudeP.com

Deux francophones, c'est un début et ça fait plaisir. Je serais curieux de savoir combien nous sommes sur ce forum.

Quels sont tes nouveaux critères de comparaison? Moi, je collectionne pour l'instant des plumes modernes, mais j'aimerais bien mettre la main sur une belle Parker 51.

Ce sera ma première plume Danitrio, mais je suis certain que ce ne sera pas la dernière. J'aimerais beaucoup avoir une plume Nakaya.

Edited for non french speakers

Sorry, we don't want to sound impolite by writing in french, I'm happy to have found another french-canadians. Is there any other francophile on FPN?

Edited by Samovar

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

Edited for non french speakers

Sorry, we don't want to sound impolite by writing in french, I'm happy to have found another french-canadians. Is there any other francophile on FPN?

Well, finally a foreign language I can understand here on FPN! When Antonios starts posting in Greek, I'm lost! :lol:

So, yes, I do understand some French as we were taught it from grades 6-12 and I took a year in unversity, but that was over 20 years ago, so I'm embarassed to try speaking/writing in French now :blush:

In short, I am a Francophile(I love French films, French food, visiting France, etc) but I am not a Francophone :(

Wow, I almost forgot to post something about the pen review!

Thanks for another great review, Cloud! I have one of the dark blue lacquer $27 pens from Kevin (winedoc) and I love it! It is so reliable and doesn't need any shaking/priming at all to get it to start writing. Such a good value for less than $30!

Bonjour Maja,

I've been once to Vancouver for about 7 hours between two flight, what a nice place.

I'm happy to read that a fellow Canadian enjoy french culture, I have many friends in Ontario who are hardcore francophiles.

You get the French Radio-Canada in Vancouver, right?

I think I should get my Danitrio next week :0

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

You get the French Radio-Canada in Vancouver, right?

Pretty sure we do....I try to listen to a bit of French-language radio once in a while (same with TV channels) just to keep my ears "used to" the sound of the language :lol:

Enjoy your Danitrio!!

• 6 years later...

Six years later... I wonder if they still sell it? It seems very well-made, and I could always use a $27 metal pen!

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.”

Graham Greene