Staples Arc Line

egretsrus

Forgive the bumping of the old thread, but I have just learned from a blog comment from someone else in the UK that Staples don't intend to release the punch over here at all :gaah: I love the arc system but without the punch it's so limited! Does anyone know any UK alternatives? Or maybe someone we can protest to?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coronado

• teeniebeenie6

• funkypeanut

• itsmejson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately no, as far as I am aware Levenger isn't sold anywhere in the UK, and even if it was, our Arcs are, I believe, a different size to yours (A4 and A5), so I'm guessing it wouldn't be right anyway?

Coronado - thatnks for the pictures of your cookbook (and therefore the green leather...)

Damn, I'm jealous. The UK doesn't have much of a section and I would kill for that green leather one! It's lovely.

I like to collect the cheap, cheerful and colourful!

Forgive the bumping of the old thread, but I have just learned from a blog comment from someone else in the UK that Staples don't intend to release the punch over here at all :gaah: I love the arc system but without the punch it's so limited! Does anyone know any UK alternatives? Or maybe someone we can protest to?

Not true! I emailed Staples about this last week or so. They told me that they were planning on introducing the punch later on this year but couldn't give me a date.

(Also, sorry for the double post)

~Danni

Just a page of grid dots was requested for the junior pages by someone who liked the Chronodex dotted pages.

So here it is!

dot grid.pdf

As always, half letter, print both sides. Slight extra margin for the punch on one side.

Just a page of grid dots was requested for the junior pages by someone who liked the Chronodex dotted pages.

Thanks for doing this! I appreciate it. I'm sure others like it as well.

Danni2989, thank you, that's great news! I really hope they do actually release it here because the system is such a good one, and we don't even have the alternatives such as Levenger over here, so I would guess they'll have a good market. And their refill paper is superb, so I can't imagine they'll lose too many sales for that either, especially considering how much cheaper it is than filofax refills or similar.

And I too am madly jealous of that lime-green cover!

Danni2989, thank you, that's great news! I really hope they do actually release it here because the system is such a good one, and we don't even have the alternatives such as Levenger over here, so I would guess they'll have a good market. And their refill paper is superb, so I can't imagine they'll lose too many sales for that either, especially considering how much cheaper it is than filofax refills or similar.

And I too am madly jealous of that lime-green cover!

I'm going to keep emailing them every month or so to double check. I suggest doing the same - maybe the more people email, the faster they'll get off of their butts.

~ Danni

• 10 months later...

Still trying to talk myself into one of these. I think I may get it to replace my calendar/ planner, but not sure what else I would use it for. What are you guys using yours for?

We have also found it quite easy to remove a sheet of notes, scan it, e-mail it, then re-insert back into the notebook. Saves a lot of time previously spent transcribing meeting notes to e-mail (although some of us have better handwriting than others).

Overall, it's a good business-use system.

Hi,

re: handwriting issues and scanning, Evernote is a great free program I've used that has great handwriting recognition and converts to searchable PDF.

You can either scan the page or (with the Evernote mobile version)take a picture of the page with a smartphone. (And my handwriting is not pretty :) ) I have had good experiences using either procedure. From what I understand it works with a lot of scanners (scanning directly into the program). You can also share notebooks or notes digitally with others.

I've found it helpful in retrieving information this way.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI Arc notebooks are on sale for 25% off at Staples this week. Notebooks only (not "parts"). Staples is giving 5% back in Rewards on almost everything now (except gift cards), also. Last week was a better sale on Arc stuff but I didn't see it until midweek and the FPN site was down( so I couldn't post).

And the hole punch has been in stock for a couple of months now - love the Arc stuff

The paper that comes standard with ARC is a nice heavy weight.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The best part of having the punch is being able to use any and all paper and other notebook stuff.

I had a plastic/vinyl three hole punched piece that has pockets to hold paper & stuff. Even though it is already punched, I punched it again with the Arc punch. Everything fits well and is secure. I can also punch colored paper and anything that would ordinatily fit into a 3-ring binder works as well.

If you want, you can also make you own inserts like the one you buy with the small colored pointed "post-it" thingies. Stick them on a piece of card stock, punch it and insert it into the "binder" You could make a whole page of different "post-it" stickers and really have some fun.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”