• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coronado

• teeniebeenie6

• funkypeanut

• itsmejson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay, my Staples had the punch! 8 sheet max, but I can deal with that. I already had the junior leather notebook, but got a large with dividers, pockets, paper, and a zipper pouch as well. Go in to browse, spend $80 on notebooks, lol.

:headsmack: i paid a lot for my levenger!

Just went to my local Staples and saw the Arc punch. Just as I predicted, it's a lot cheaper than Levenger's at $39.99 so I bought one, together with some ARC rings. Here is a picture taken with a pocket book for size reference. The box said 8-sheet capacity.

Picked up mine today as well. Already had HP Premium LaserJet paper and now I'm very very happy with my Circa/Arc/Rollabind Frankenbooks.

"Spend all you want! We'll print more!" - B. S. (What's a Weimar?) Bernanke

Ok...I bit... went to Staples today and picked up the large and a junior sized notebooks. I also had to buy the graph paper refills for the notebooks (I prefer graph paper in my notebooks because I can write and do mindmaps much more easily with the book/pages in landscape mode).

This paper is very FP friendly! No bleed through and only minimal ghosting with my Eco-ball and my Ink-ball. There is no ghosting with my TWSBI 530 or my StarWalker both with medium CI nibs.

I think I'm gonna like this journey.

Edited by CosmicSlop

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5514405001_f64efa85be_m.jpg "Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit." - Spartan Proverb

"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me". - Miles Davis

Free speech is expensive, so you might as well pay attention. - Geo. Clinton

I noticed that the Arc products aren't available at Staples in Canada yet, anyone know if they'll ever come here, or what? I've looked at two different stores here, but no dice. Nothing even comes up on their website if you search for "Arc," and there's no Arc products in the Notebook sections of their website. :(

Unfortunately, the fine print on the website says that they don't ship to Canada. That seems odd since they have stores there. Maybe you should ask the people at the local store if they can order them for you. The info and item numbers should be on the promo website for the Arc system at http://www.staples.c...arc/index.html.

I called my local Staples, and they've received the punches but haven't opened the box yet or inventoried them, so it's going to be a day or two before they hit the shelves.

Ask if they will ship to the Staples store near you, you don't get charged shipping that way, you just have to go pick it up.

I use it as a planner, but not in a Franklin Covey type way. I don't plan by Date, I plan by project.

I use the Cornell style paper they sell as a project planner paper as a Project overview cover. Under that goes regular lined paper, graph paper, or some of the custom templates I generated (RACI, etc)

I end up with 3 main sections in my book. Fresh blank notepaper is the 1st section, then I have dividers in place to separate different style papers.

Next comes the projects themselves. I try to keep a semi up to date list of projects and were I am on them in front. This is updated weekly (Friday) This allows me to refresh myself on where everything left off (quick notes are also added if things go on hold, get delegated etc during the week) and (for home stuff) get a plan for the weekend.

I try to use the system for both work and home. The more consistent I stay the better it works. Getting in the habit of reviewing your lists is the hardest part of any system.

If I'm taking notes in a meeting - full pages are pulled out and put where I can review them as I continue on fresh paper. The stack is then put behind the project chunk. I have one of those sticky note flag holders in the front so I can separate projects easily.

Closed projects are removed from the book and placed in a project folder. Again, both home and work - this works just as well for large work projects as it does for replacing the back fence or painting the bed rooms.

I'm working on a similar system as well for work and home. I bought into the Circa system earlier this year because of the way projects at work flow. I can pull all the components together in one place: meetings, review notes, discussions, references, phone calls, etc. Then when I'm finished with my part, I pull the whole project out into an "active" file until finalized. I have four sections for my notebook: Cornell style paper, projects section, a to-do section and a calendar to keep track of meetings, teleconferences. I still have bits of paper floating around due to research or conversations that cause :eureka: moments that I jot down, which may not be directly related to the project I'm working on. I'm still figuring out how to get those organized in a way that keeps them from gathering dust in some remote folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Just went to my local Staples and saw the Arc punch. Just as I predicted, it's a lot cheaper than Levenger's at $39.99 so I bought one, together with some ARC rings. Here is a picture taken with a pocket book for size reference. The box said 8-sheet capacity.

I just checked with Staples online chat to see if there are any available near me and was quoted a price of $25.99 !

I just checked with Staples online chat to see if there are any available near me and was quoted a price of $25.99 !

Me too but it was actually 39.99 in store... which is still a bargain. Got it and the 11x8.5 notebook and grabbed a couple sets of the rings too.

The punch works great and smooth.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for everyone.

For those of you that have used the staples bagasse sugar cane paper, how does the ARC paper compare? I am about to start writing my next novel, and used the bagasse paper for my last one, but was looking at maybe upgrading to the ARC system. My main question is, is the paper "smoother" that the bagasse paper?

Another note, I also have the levenger system, but stopped using it becuase of the way that the covers and paper wobbled and became askew as I wrote, and the paper was some of the worst I have ever used for my fountain pens.

I ran into a couple different Staples today and bought a hot pink leather junior cover and a green letter poly cover. I didn't have the ad for the coupon or any ink, so I wrote down the coupon code that was shown on the online ad and gave that to them. The sweet employee manually entered the coupon for me. I own lots of Levenger stuff and I find Arc almost on par quality wise. The only thing I find a little lower quality is how some of the leather corners are folded down. I got one with a slightly unfinished, kind of ragged corner (the spot is tiny, I am a perfectionist). But for $11 (or $14.99 without coupon) at Staples vs. $69-$119 plus shipping (depending on size and color) at Levenger, I think Staples notebooks really win out. The quality is almost the same. The Staples punch has the smaller size punches which is a bit disappointing. I find Levengers new, bigger smurf punch works much better then the old style. I have a Levenger punch with the old size punches and am saving up for the bigger punch. I think the higher price is really worth it. I find paper get damaged and worn out easier with the older smaller smurf punch. I couldn't find the new red or blue leather covers at either of the Staples I went to today but did find Lime ones. Can anyone tell me what shade of blue the cover are, is it a dark or light blue? I hope they offer the colors in the Letter size soon!!

I just found 30% off coupons for Arc Notebooks and accessories which I am 99 percent sure INCLUDES the punch since it is pictured on the coupon link and the coupon does not say not including the punch. : )

https://www.facebook.com/staples?sk=app_194734683890615

Oh wow, that's a good one. I already have the punch, but this would definitely have put me over the edge to buy one if I didn't.

I just found 30% off coupons for Arc Notebooks and accessories which I am 99 percent sure INCLUDES the punch since it is pictured on the coupon link and the coupon does not say not including the punch. : )

Oh wow, that's a good one. I already have the punch, but this would definitely have put me over the edge to buy one if I didn't.

I second this. I bought the punch at full price, and was happy to do it. I actually prefer the punch to the circa desktop one that I borrowed earlier this year. (The circa was more solidly built, and no doubt will last forever, but with the leverage of the arm on the arc punch I found the action of punching paper smoother and more pleasant.)

At 30% off it's a great deal. My 2c.

Thanks for the post! I bought the punch today and used the coupon. I am very impressed with it for the price.

Oh, Staples, how you taunt me with your 30% off coupons and $5 off cards trying to pry me away from my money.

The chief aim of man is to glorify God by enjoying Him forever! ~ J. Piper

Thanks for the post! I bought the punch today and used the coupon. I am very impressed with it for the price.

Same here. The punch is super easy to use.

Same here. The punch is super easy to use.

I bought the punch too. Now I can create my own dot-pad paper with my 28 and 32 lb paper and fill my own Circa and Arc books.

This thread was an eye opener!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5514405001_f64efa85be_m.jpg "Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit." - Spartan Proverb

"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me". - Miles Davis

Free speech is expensive, so you might as well pay attention. - Geo. Clinton