Staples Arc Line

egretsrus

In the same family, I enjoy Myndology notebooks.

Are these interchangeable with the Circa/Arc/Rollabind notebooks? Wow, $200 punch. Ouch. The notebooks and refills themselves seem to be around the same price per page as Levenger, though.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coronado

• teeniebeenie6

• funkypeanut

• itsmejson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did pick up one of the junior size (8x5) Staples notebooks, with plastic cover, that I was going to put into a leather cover from Reinassance Leather, and found it a bit too wide to fit, so popped off the plastic covers and trimmed them slightly in a paper cutter and instant fit.

Regards

Jeff

I've been thinking about one of these since they came out. Can I see some photos of your Arcs? I'd like to see how you've customized them and what you're using them for.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

When I need it, I use a hair band. It is black, approximately 1/4" wide, and has a clear line of silicone running the length of the backside. You can get them at WalMart, etc. It works great and doesn't look out of place.

Nice...very nice...

Do you apply the hairband lengthwise or widthwise?

Usually lengthwise, but either works. It is not something I use all the time. If I am carrying a lot of loose papers, I'll use a band to help keep them from spilling out.

I've been thinking about one of these since they came out. Can I see some photos of your Arcs? I'd like to see how you've customized them and what you're using them for.

I'll post some pictures of my notebooks this weekend if I have time.

Staples Arc has 25% off in store coupon this week. The coupon mentions that it cannot be applied to the arc punch!

Where do you get this?

It's on staples.com's online weekly ad:

http://weeklyad.staples.com/staples/default.aspx?action=entryflash&adref=%20staples_right_hand_nav%20&icid=HP:HP:WEKLY_AD:WEKLY_:NULL::

Staples Arc has 25% off in store coupon this week. The coupon mentions that it cannot be applied to the arc punch!

Where do you get this?

Just went to my local Staples and saw the Arc punch. Just as I predicted, it's a lot cheaper than Levenger's at $39.99 so I bought one, together with some ARC rings. Here is a picture taken with a pocket book for size reference. The box said 8-sheet capacity.

Edited by testrider

Also, Staples has a 25% off coupon on Arc stuff in Sunday's paper. Sadly, it doesn't include the punch.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad67/peshealy/postminipo0.png

Still trying to talk myself into one of these. I think I may get it to replace my calendar/ planner, but not sure what else I would use it for. What are you guys using yours for?

Just went to my local Staples and saw the Arc punch. Just as I predicted, it's a lot cheaper than Levenger's at $39.99 so I bought one, together with some ARC rings. Here is a picture taken with a pocket book for size reference. The box said 8-sheet capacity.

I don't see the punch for sale online yet. Can you post the item # / model # please?

Still trying to talk myself into one of these. I think I may get it to replace my calendar/ planner, but not sure what else I would use it for. What are you guys using yours for?

I use it as a planner, but not in a Franklin Covey type way. I don't plan by Date, I plan by project.

I use the Cornell style paper they sell as a project planner paper as a Project overview cover. Under that goes regular lined paper, graph paper, or some of the custom templates I generated (RACI, etc)

I end up with 3 main sections in my book. Fresh blank notepaper is the 1st section, then I have dividers in place to separate different style papers.

Next comes the projects themselves. I try to keep a semi up to date list of projects and were I am on them in front. This is updated weekly (Friday) This allows me to refresh myself on where everything left off (quick notes are also added if things go on hold, get delegated etc during the week) and (for home stuff) get a plan for the weekend.

I try to use the system for both work and home. The more consistent I stay the better it works. Getting in the habit of reviewing your lists is the hardest part of any system.

If I'm taking notes in a meeting - full pages are pulled out and put where I can review them as I continue on fresh paper. The stack is then put behind the project chunk. I have one of those sticky note flag holders in the front so I can separate projects easily.

Closed projects are removed from the book and placed in a project folder. Again, both home and work - this works just as well for large work projects as it does for replacing the back fence or painting the bed rooms.

Rats!!! I seem to always be a day late.

I just ordered the Levenger starter kit of both notebooks last week. It comes with a $40 coupon that I was going to use for the hole punch. After I ordered it, I found the FPN threads that mentioned the similar ARC design at Staples which is A LOT CHEAPER.

I just bought the small leather blue Arc notebook, larger rings, a calendar, and dividers yesterday! I didn't know there was a coupon. :gaah: I guess I'll have to check the recycle bin for the store flyer to buy the larger leather notebook.

I must learn to check FPN BEFORE I go shopping.

you can get the coupon online also. I didn't get one in the paper this week for some reason.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad67/peshealy/postminipo0.png

I don't see the punch for sale online yet. Can you post the item # / model # please?

I don't have it now. It's at home. I'll post it tonight when I get home...

I noticed that the Arc products aren't available at Staples in Canada yet, anyone know if they'll ever come here, or what? I've looked at two different stores here, but no dice. Nothing even comes up on their website if you search for "Arc," and there's no Arc products in the Notebook sections of their website. :(

http://i.imgur.com/05HpL.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/ifi8V.png

Please don't forget, my local store doesn't have them in yet and they said they could look into it with the item#

I noticed that the Arc products aren't available at Staples in Canada yet, anyone know if they'll ever come here, or what? I've looked at two different stores here, but no dice. Nothing even comes up on their website if you search for "Arc," and there's no Arc products in the Notebook sections of their website. :(

Unfortunately, the fine print on the website says that they don't ship to Canada. That seems odd since they have stores there. Maybe you should ask the people at the local store if they can order them for you. The info and item numbers should be on the promo website for the Arc system at http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/arc/index.html.

I called my local Staples, and they've received the punches but haven't opened the box yet or inventoried them, so it's going to be a day or two before they hit the shelves.

Edited by funkypeanut

Here it is:

The item # on the receipt is 718103157148.

The box said "Arc System Desktop Punch", model 40836.

Please don't forget, my local store doesn't have them in yet and they said they could look into it with the item#

Here it is:

The item # on the receipt is 718103157148.

The box said "Arc System Desktop Punch", model 40836.

Staples online customer support chat (which is surprisingly very helpful) told me that, at this point, this is an in-store only item. Often those items will show up on the webpage but for whatever reason, the punch does not. If you call customer support or use the online chat, they will be able to tell you if your local store has it. Leaving now to get mine.

Edited by louie123