Favorite Omas Celluloid...

Bryant

Out of the "modern" pens, whats your favorite?

It seems Omas is willing to work around with some good LEs and I might have an opportunity for a nice Celluloid Pen. I really want to do one based off the Paragon, and preferably with a celluloid section, but I dont think that will happen. Most likely if I do Paragon, it will be metal section :)

I can always do Milord, but pretty much all the nice celluloid has been used on this size already...

Anyway, I digress... Favorite one. Which is it?

I know what mine is...

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Omas%20Pens/CIMG0123.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Omas%20Pens/CIMG0124.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Omas%20Pens/CIMG0125.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm78/FountainPenz/Omas%20Pens/CIMG0126.jpg

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bryant

• eric47

• Ghost Plane

• ArchiMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bry, you need to hide that nib from GP or else you could be in serious trouble.

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

Modern Paragon size in green (or blue) with celluloid section? Where do I send the Paypal?

Even done in the modern Milord size would work for me. Its size and weight is closer to the "benchmark" M800 for comfort for long writing sessions. The long tapered section provides more varied finger positions than the short sections on vintage pens.

A modern Paragon without the metal section would give you a lighter pen with 149/Poseidon thickness. Wow. Combined with beautiful celluloid and the classy AND practical facets and you may very well have the "untimate holy grail greatest pen in the history of the entire known universe". Please leave off the metal trim from the end of the section, though.

Bill

Bry, you need to hide that nib from GP or else you could be in serious trouble.

Yeah, I know... I think I heard her car start up to come take it after I posted the picture... But then she realized, the pen would be too light for her :)

Modern Paragon size in green (or blue) with celluloid section? Where do I send the Paypal?

Even done in the modern Milord size would work for me. Its size and weight is closer to the "benchmark" M800 for comfort for long writing sessions. The long tapered section provides more varied finger positions than the short sections on vintage pens.

A modern Paragon without the metal section would give you a lighter pen with 149/Poseidon thickness. Wow. Combined with beautiful celluloid and the classy AND practical facets and you may very well have the "untimate holy grail greatest pen in the history of the entire known universe". Please leave off the metal trim from the end of the section, though.

Bill

Yeah, I would love to do it with out the metal section, but I dont think they will do it. Too much work for how small I wanted to do a run. Now if I did 100+, then I think they may do it...

Bry

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

I like the size of the "new" Milords much better than the Paragons and in particular like the Milord because the section is not metal. Why not the Milord in the Arco Green celluloid? Or better yet, can they do the Arco Green in the "fish scale" pattern like they did for I believe Novelli in Italy? The metal section and huge size of the new Paragon's is a deal killer for me. If the Arco Green is not available, how about the scarlet celluloid in the Milord size--that would be real nice too. Also how about something different that the standard Omas nib, perhaps they have a version with more flex like they used in the 1990 special edition for the World Cup--that would be really cool.

I like the green Bry.

But you should ask youstruckgold as he did just that the other day with a set of seven!!

He has some beautiful colours.

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

Car is idling as I've realized I could get my fingers between the threads and section drop, so if I used it posted like I do the Churchills.... :hmm1:

Color and trim is right, nib is...awesome :notworthy1: , and I like the silver ring at the tail end. Plus I love bigger pens.

Just don't do it before later in the year so I'll have the money :headsmack:

Great idea, Bry....

Here's some suggestions from my ol' OMAS's....not the best pics, but hopefully, you get the idea....

The 3 pens on the left are old OMAS Extra Lucens:

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/P1010748.jpg

Here's two of just the 'marbled' (or wild?) Extra Lucens:

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/IMG_20110104_080124.jpg

http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr100/ArchiMark/OMAS-ExtraLucens-Barrel2-KG.jpg

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Of the ones that I have owned, without question my favorite Omas celluloid is the saffron blue. Had a old Paragon in it and sold it for some reason. Thankfully have it in a Bologna now. Absolutely beautiful colors that I could never capture with my photographic skills.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_DTUiJGMLxHs/S5POQs0d_gI/AAAAAAAAegc/fkCxJr_cy60/s640/P1030417.JPG

A. Don's Axiom "It's gonna be used when I sell it, might as well be used when I buy it."

Hi Bry!

I like the Paragon size, but if it has the metal section, count me out. I don't need gobs of pens laying around, so I have become picky, and one thing I don't like is metal sections.

As far a which celluloid, I would be interested in an Arco. The green is nice. But if they produce their own celluloid, why not see if they have anything different? I would love to see something along the lines of the saffron blue, but maybe with more browns, reds and yellows and not the blue. Or maybe a red arco or a blue and gold arco. Too bad we can't just talk them into going back to making old-style Paragons in new colors and patterns of celluloid!

Scott.

My first choice..in Paragon or Milord - saffron blue with celluloid section or arctic green with celluloid section.

Perhaps 14k Omas nib such as E. E. Ercolessi or Italia '90 - since they give some line variation.

It would have to be the extra lucens, the arco and the wilde celluloids in the old 360, in the old and new paragon models.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

The Bologna in Saffron Blue...what a beautiful pen...the one missing from my collection. If anyone out there has one to sell, drop me a PM.

Now, as for the LE models, Lucens Blue, Royale Blue, or the Green Arco in new Milord style would be my choices.

"Giving power and money to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."

P.J. O'Rourke

I think the WIld would be awesome (although the Galilei LE from 1993 fits that bill), I already have the green Arco (which I admit IS gorgeous), but how about a version of this (if the celluloid is still around):

http://gallery.me.com/youstruckgold/100242/Omas%20Arco%20/web.jpg?ver=12939715330002

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

If you end up commissioning one with that celluloid, I'd be all over that. :bunny01:

Visconti: Aida 0/1871, Amigdala, Black Ripple 4/199, Black Storm 8/88, Blue Ripple 870/999, Blue Symphony 88/208, Carbon Dream 4/993, Chatterley Ripple^3 4/25, Custom Ripple 4/4, D'Essai, Gulliver, Homo Sapien, Metropolis 64/288, Millennium Arc 2/1000, Opera Aqua, Opera Demo 547/888, Opera Nordic^2, Opera Water^2, Pericle^2, Ponte Vecchio^2, Ragtime, Ragtime 1174/1988, Replica, VG Custom^8, VG Demo^2, VG Green^2, VG Red, VG Vanilla^3, Versailles 317/365, Viscontina 39/188, Voyager^2

I suspect I'd spend so much time staring at it trying to decide if I like it that I'd never put the darned pen down. :embarrassed_smile: Definitely an attention getter.

Still lust after your sample. :embarrassed_smile: