Long Island Pen Show

mikb79

The long Island show is coming up soon. Pen repairs by Ron Zorn. Nib adjustments by Richard Binder. Free Pen appraisals and dealers available to buy and sell pens. This is a small regional show where you can get a flavor of the pen world.Free parking and refreshment are available. A few tables still available. Check us out at lipenshow.com. Reasonable admission for both days

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikb79

• playpen

• Velma

• aunt rebecca

Well, I will get there after lunch on Friday, and then as early as I can again on Saturday. Don't know what I'll be wearing (probably a salwar kamiz, though), but I will be freshly shaved on Saturday, so look for the bald caramel-colored woman drooling quietly and say hello!

Come one come all. We are looking forward to meeting all New York, New Jersey and metropolitan pen people. We had our Long Island Pen meeting last nite and we had about 30 very excited people attend. Hofstra is very excessible to all areas by parkway and the parking is free. The show is at the student center which is off Hempstead turnpike. For those of you who have pens that need nib adjustments Richard Binder will be there and available to you. Pen Repairs will be done by Ron Zorn. For those of you who have attended other shows you know how busy these gentleman get so get there early. Both of these gentleman are the best in the business and their charges are based on what they do for you. If you have pens that you want to sell many dealers will be available to buy or trade for your pens.If you have any question or would like a table call me at 516-681-8889 The doors will open at 10 am both friday and saturday.

Check us out at lipenshow.com

We have noticed that crowds tend to thin out on Sunday. If this show is a sucess which we know it will be then next year it will include Sunday. Come and visit with us and enjoy the pen people who will be there for you.

elaine and i and friends will be there!! yay!!! :eureka: :eureka:

:ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking- william butler yeats
Unless you are educated in metaphor, you are not safe to be let loose in the world. robert frost

I plan to attend my first pen show ever at Hofstra later this month, and am looking forward to it. Other than knowing that Richard Binder will be there, and Ron Zorn (?), the pen repairer, I really have no idea what to expect. Are there new pen sellers? Old pen sellers? (Referring to the products, not the age of the seller's themselves.) Any orientation information will be appreciated.

Edited by EHLawyer

Are there new pen sellers?

There will be at least one new-pen dealer, Richard's Pens (Barbara and me). I can't imagine that we'll be the only one.

Old pen sellers?

There will be at least two old-pen dealers, Ron Zorn and David Isaacson. These guys both have great pens -- David's tend to be pricier because of the brands and models he's chosen, but since Ron does most of David's restoration you can be sure you're getting good stuff from either guy. At the Ohio show this past weekend I bought this Waterman's Ink-Vue from David:

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/inkvue_cop_ray.jpg

(It needed a little extra work to satisfy my anal-retentive needs, but it was, and is, a superb pen!)

And, as with the new-pen guys, I cannot believe that David and Ron will be the only two people offering vintage pens.

As for orientation information, I suggest you read my article titled Pen Shows I: Your First Pen Show. It's the first in a three-part series of pen-show articles that you may find useful.

For those planning to bring pens for me to work on, please read our "Table Talk" FAQ.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

There will be at least 10 modern dealers and 30 vintage dealers as we speak.

New Pens Art Brown, Bertrums, Aurora Pens, Total office products, David Ushkow and more.

Vintage pens Bob Novak, Gary Lehrer. Berliner Pens,David Isaacson,Terry Mawhorter,Susan Wirt, Harvey Jackelow, Mirin pens, Alan Maymen, Mike Bloom, Mike Divoritz, Terry Brack,Sam Elardo, Frank Tedesco, Alan Hirsch and many others.

Sometimes people tell me that walking into a large show is very confusing and sometimes turns new people off. This show will allow new people to feel comfortable and still be able to learn and speak with some of the best dealers in the business.

The Long Island pen Show this friday and Saturday. Early buying starts at 8am and will open to the general public at 10 am. Door prizes will be awarded from 12 on. Bring your pens to be repaired or sell them to the more then 40 dealers who will be there over the two days of the show. Free parking at the hofstra student center.For information and directions go to lipenshow.com

Edited by mikb79

We're all ready to roll on Thursday morning, and are looking forward to the show. Tyler will be my helper on this trip. For those of you who remember Tyler as a little guy, be prepared to be surprised. :o He's a little taller now. :D

I have a case full of vintage pens. Lots of Vacs, 51s, and a smattering of other pens, all restored and tested.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

[size=14Friday and Saturday

Opens at 8am both days for setup and early buying. Public comes at 10am. Will close at 8pm

Friday at 8am for dealer setup

Saturday at 8am for dealer set up.

Two day show

Edited by mikb79

I almost regret agreeing to meet Tracey mid-day to come out to the show on Friday, but it will be so worth it to see her face when she walks into her first pen show. (And yes, I have been a good friend, and steered her to Richard's pages on surviving your first pen show.)

On the other hand, I can head out as early as I like on Saturday, and I should be meeting another friend for her first pen show experience as well. Hmmmm.... wonder if I should call my ex-husband? He got into fountain pens after we split up, and is an engineering/geeky sort at heart. Perhaps I should buy him a book on pen repair, or one on pen turning, and see what happens. bwahahaha!

All that aside, I am very grateful for a pen show in the NYC area, and one now that I'm farther along the road to health, and I look forward to seeing Richard, and Elaine, and hope to see others from FPN there. WooHOO! Woo-FREAKING-HOO! A PEN SHOW!

*ahem*