The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Hero 285 In Silver And Gold

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Classicist

The Classicist

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:09

Found this in a stash of vintage pens in my basement. It's not vintage by any means, but it was there somehow, so I decided to do a review of it. I've never used a Hero before, but I must say, I am in love with the nib after extended use of the pen. It's solidly built and despite the fact that I was unable to compare line widths, I really enjoyed the F/EF nib that it came with. Highly recommended.

Further review here:

http://pennedhouse.b...r-and-gold.html

As always, comments welcomed and appreciated!
I'm a Classics student at Augustana College. You can read my blog at pennedhouse.blogspot.com if you want. There will be plenty about languages, pens (modern and vintage) and paper as well. Hope you stop by and comment!

Sponsored Content

#2 ThirdeYe

ThirdeYe

Snail Mail Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2010 - 17:48

Nice review, thanks! Inexpensive pens can be great. I know I really enjoy my simple, inexpensive Pilot 78Gs.
Derek's Pens and Pencils
I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

#3 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2010 - 18:46

Found this in a stash of vintage pens in my basement. It's not vintage by any means, but it was there somehow, so I decided to do a review of it. I've never used a Hero before, but I must say, I am in love with the nib after extended use of the pen. It's solidly built and despite the fact that I was unable to compare line widths, I really enjoyed the F/EF nib that it came with. Highly recommended.

Further review here:

http://pennedhouse.b...r-and-gold.html

As always, comments welcomed and appreciated!

Niiice. I need to add this blog to my list. And count me in as another fan of un-costly pens.

#4 The Classicist

The Classicist

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2010 - 20:30

Niiice. I need to add this blog to my list. And count me in as another fan of un-costly pens.

First of all, Thanks for the comments. Second of all, based on your avatar and your blog title, I think I have found another avid fan of RUROUNI KENSHIN!!! I love the anime so much that I purchased the entire series on DVD. It's fantastic in every possible way. Nice to meet another fan!
I'm a Classics student at Augustana College. You can read my blog at pennedhouse.blogspot.com if you want. There will be plenty about languages, pens (modern and vintage) and paper as well. Hope you stop by and comment!

#5 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:36

I have the series up to the Kyoto arc. Hmm, was there a fountain pen in any of the scenes?

#6 The Classicist

The Classicist

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2011 - 17:16

I actually have never looked for a fountain pen, but for some reason, I think there must have been at some point in the show, with all the diplomatic missions and such that Kenshin goes on. I guess I have a good excuse to watch everything again!

Sponsored Content

|