|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Pelikan 140 Micro-leak
Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:45
It's hard to see where the ink is coming from, but I'm wondering if there might be some kind of micro-crack between the threads and the ink window.
Does anyone have thoughts on a way to fix this that doesn't involve wrapping the pen in duct tape?
Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:18
However, there are very crude remedies (that some people would consider them "heresy") for those leaks: Nail varnish, liquid polyurethane, cyanoacrylate, etc. In an act of despair, I repaired a broken Montblanc 146 this way, because everyone wanted to change the complete body of the pen, but I didn't want: that pen was a gift from my father.
Please forgive my "engrish", I'm a little rusted. Greetings to everyone.
BTW, your avatar brings me good memories.
Edited by hruodger, 16 December 2010 - 04:24.
"En circunstancias especiales, el hecho debe ser más rápido que el pensamiento" || "In special circumstances, the action must be quicker than the thought" Hernán Cortés, Conqueror.
Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:51