What Happens When You Mount A Gold Nib On A Twsbi Pen?

ToasterPastry

A comical answer to the original question: you waste a perfectly good gold nib. Sorry could not resist :embarrassed_smile:

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• ToasterPastry

• fjf

• Bruno Taut

Not funny. The Twsbi is a very decent pen, and its looks and writing improve quite a bit with a good nib. Of course, it is not precious resin at $100000 a pound :roflmho:

What happens....? You get a visit by the pen police...you risk a 250lb."Stirling" fine by Mel Gibson+ community service ( FPN style)....lol, and you get the admiration of all those who seek to turn a 20$ pen, sans nib, into a Pelikan. Have you ever watched Hitch's classic "The Birds"...hum? Just look at what happened to Suzanne Plechette in the schoolhouse scene. I'm convinced a Pelican wrote the screenplay.

Edited by SnowLeopard

A comical answer to the original question: you waste a perfectly good gold nib. Sorry could not resist :embarrassed_smile:

Touche! However,I cannot make use of the perfectly good gold nib on the p381 because of the very thin body. Perhaps I will sell it and begin to save for an M1000!

Edited by stacybean

Perhaps I will sell it and begin to save for an M1000!

I wouldn't bother - think of how many more TWSBIs you could buy with the money.....

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

You guys can laugh all you want, but I have to say that I am still really enamoured with my TWSBI that has an m400 M (CI) nib in it. It really *hasn't* left rotation since my original post. :cloud9: It fits my hand much more comfortably than the honey tortoise I lifted the nib from.

• 1 month later...

To saskia_madding : what ink have you used in your pen to show us the way it writes with a Pelikan gold nib ?
Beautifull color, and I like the shape italic gives to your letters.

• 3 weeks later...

Bruno Taut - Crónicas Estilográficas (https://estilofilos.blogspot.com)

The contents and pictures of this post belong to the author, here identified as Bruno Taut.

Hi,

Must admit I'm still very happy with my standard F nib, writes well and haven't felt the need to even try a swap.

Andy

NEED more details... :puddle:

feeling very very weak.... :embarrassed_smile:

Must resist..... :yikes:

Resistance is futile... :crybaby:

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

NEED more details... :puddle:

feeling very very weak.... :embarrassed_smile:

Must resist..... :yikes:

Resistance is futile... :crybaby:

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

It is not rocket science.... Just exchange the nibs between the Pilot and the Twsbi.

Here you have a writing sample (excuse my terrible hand):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HBktyxrEEA4/TXe-HnRp1DI/AAAAAAAABgs/FX7XpIo8dzU/s1600/IMG_0087-blog-WM.jpg

Cheers,

Iosepus

The contents and pictures of this post belong to the author, here identified as Bruno Taut.

Does anyone know of a FCI nib that can be bought to fit the TWSBI or would that type pf nib have to be custom ground?

Wow, how did you get the Sailor nib? I thought they only arrived as pens..

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg Member since Sept 7, 2010

TWSBI Diamond 530 - Private Reserve Avocado

Black Kaweco Sport M Nib - Diamine Oxblood

Wing Sung #233 - Noodler's Lexington Gray

I'm guessing it did, originally, and he took it out of the pen. IIRC, Sailor feeds and nibs are just friction fit, so it would be pretty simple.

I'm guessing it did, originally, and he took it out of the pen. IIRC, Sailor feeds and nibs are just friction fit, so it would be pretty simple.

Correct.

Cheers,

Iosepus

• 2 months later...

has anyone tried fitting steel nibs that are for pen holders onto the Twsbi before? Particularly Nikko G and Zebra G. Its really hard to tell from pictures online the size of the nibs.

Wow...looks like the work of my new Aquamarine Safari's 1.1 nib... Actually with Iro's ku-jaku on Claire..mine looks more characterfully cool.... I did swap the original fine for a 1.1... I purchased the nib a time back for 4 GW's. So what's the big deal with gold nibs? It's like putting a vintage Corvette engine in a repaired, unpainted... Duster... fhs...and not using the Vette....I'm also of the mind..that...the more u break down, and reassemble, the twizzle stick...the more likely it is to leak or fail somewhere....aye? If u play an old record using the best needle+ lightest pressure in creation...there is some degradation in the plastic of the record...that's a fact.So how is unscrewing and reassembling good for the pen?

Edited by SnowLeopard