Pen Wraps

shrinknib

Hi all

well I just found out about Nan and Ling and their pen pouches and wraps.

I was looking at some pretty expensive pen chests and then someone mentioned these lovely ladies.

I thought I would just buy one or two but as you can see in the photos I ended up with ....five.

They are exquisite with silk, wool, lovely fabrics.

Finished beautifully with great liners and beautiful decorative stones.

No affiliation just a very happy customer.

Their communication and speed of service is very good.

Hop on board!

SLIDESHOW OF WRAPS

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dhruv_Sood

• geoduc

• jamesliu2006

• shrinknib

I must agree! I went looking for 1 and got 3... eventually buying 2 pouches and a wrap. They are now my daily workhorses and all those 1, 2 and 3 pen leather cases just gather dust. I got mine with a monogram (to deter them walking off...) and each is fitted with a unique font to perfectly fit the style of the piece.

Nan and Ling are great to work with and advised me on fabrics (based on my intended use) and functional options.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

I also started out to purchase one and next thing you know, my wife and I have five pouches between us. They are very well made.

It's especially nice because they can make the pouches in whatever size you need. Their normal pouches will handle most pens with ease, but my Edison Huron Grande is pretty long at 6.5 inches/16.5 cm capped. Nan & Ling made me a custom length single pen pouch that is perfect.

Yes they will make pouches and wraps to suit all pens, and will tailor them to your needs.

I am delighted.

Nan has said it is OK to provide her email address as her FPN inbox is often full.

rainyday2306.nan@gmail.com

Hopefully this will make some people happy as it did for me.

All the best

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

Yes they will make pouches and wraps to suit all pens, and will tailor them to your needs.

I am delighted.

Nan has said it is OK to provide her email address as her FPN inbox is often full.

rainyday2306.nan@gmail.com

Hopefully this will make some people happy as it did for me.

All the best

And here's a link to an image gallery of their products: http://picasaweb.goo...ainyday2306.nan

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I purchased a couple of wraps from Nan & Ling a few months ago (fantastic) but now I can't get a hold of Nan, does anybody know if they are still in business? I'm hoping it's just some kind of problem with my email account. Thanks

I wish I could work magic on vintage pens like PenFisher, "The Pen Whisperer"!

:)

Oh, I sure hope they are still in business! I have a couple of their wraps and I think they are aesthetically wonderful and very well made. I also found them to be great people to work with. I have been thinking about getting another wrap, and I wanted to get it from them. I am crossing my fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

To all,

I think I owe many of you an update. I've been unwell and very slow in returning many accumulated e-mails. Actually, starting in May, I will no longer be at your service. But please do not worry -- Ling will still make pen wraps. Just that someone else will take over my role and continue to take orders.

* Those who have already written me -- I will reply one at a time and help you complete orders.

* Those who have not initiated contact yet -- please hold on for a little longer. I'm not taking any new orders now. But once the transition is done, the new person (most likely it will be Ling's husband) will make an announcement at the "For Sale" forum and continue service.

Thank you so very much. I really appreciate all the support and patience you have shown us.

Nan

• 1 month later...

Hi Dear Nan and all!

This is james, Ling's better-half. We deeply appreciated what Nan has done for help.

Without her sincere assistance, Ling's well-designed and practical crafts couldn't be so popular!

If any of our members needs a service from Ling, please contact with me.I would be glad to receive your comments!

Kudos to Nan for her unparalleled service and advices over the years! :clap1:

Edited by jamesliu2006

• 2 weeks later...

Ling is striving to offer a variety of well crafted pen wraps at affordable prices!

As a full-time high school teacher (Chinese), she can only apply a part of her spare time in handmade pen-wraps/pouches' design & production. Therefore, she felt embarrassed while having members to wait a period of time to have one. Maybe Things worth possessing are always worth waiting for!

For details, please go to Ling's gallery and email James (her husband) for question.

Edited by jamesliu2006

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Sorry on necro-posting. I have been trying to get it in touch with them for over a week and have not received any replies yet. Can someone tell me whether they are still in business or not?

Regards

Dhruv

I think they're no longer in business, pretty sure I read that here.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

Shame. I was really looking for some pen wraps or kimonos. Nakaya kimonos have "Nakaya" branding on it otherwise I would have bought those.

So why is CuSO4 blue? Never understood that. :P

Hi,

I had very good luck with Wanda, 'PacificCoastPen' at FPN with several pen wraps.

She let me choose color for outside and one for inside as well as modify design to fit my specific needs. And for very reasonable price and was done quickly too.

Highly recommend her.

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy