Stipula Verde Muschiato

geoduc

Hi,

Many thanks for the fine Review!

Up until quite recently, I've been a bit shy of colours such as this - I thought the last word was MB Racing Green, and I was prepared to leave it at that. Then I started looking at the Browns, and of course, some of those show some Green tinges; but the tipping point for me was the Sailor rikyu-cha. (OoooLaLa.) And I left that at one bottle, because I reckoned there were more different inks to be had of similar nature.

And now this. :bunny01:

Surrounded by enablers, I am!!

Harried

&

tempted.

:gaah:

OMG, sign me up for a pot!

(If I order today, it may be

waiting when/if I return

But, I do have to ask a rather indelicate, perhaps indiscreet personal question. (So if you do not choose to respond, that's OK. I've had it whispered in my ear that I can be a itty-bitty bit pushy.) But ... When you write with your normal cadence at speed, does the ink appear all so much different? Especially the shading with the narrower nibs?

Bye,

S1

Given that several of the inks in my collection owe their presence to your reviews, I am more than happy to return the favor. I have dropped a number of unsubtle hints to my wife about rikyu-cha, so I'm hoping that Santa comes through for me.

There's nothing indelicate or indiscreet about your question. I'm sure you can do better. Anyway, the short answer is no. The ink appears pretty much the same when writing in my normal hand at speed. Here's a 300dpi scan of the same passage written in my normal style (or whatever you want to call it) with the Sailor 1911, medium nib. The shading is more subtle than with broader nibs, but it's definitely there.:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5169/5247916030_514a64a81d_b.jpg

The only thing I really notice that's different with the finer nibs is that the lubrication is a little less. Certainly not an issue, just that the nib feels a wee bit toothier than it does with some of the better lubricating inks.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geoduc

• Dr Lopez

• WillSW

• Sandy1

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding to the last poster, I have been using this ink for several months in pens with nibs ranging from B stub to fine and it shades beautifully with all of them. The effect, no matter the nib size, is there. This is why this is one of my favourite greens. The result is also dark enough that could be used in some more formal settings. The ink is far from being the typical shiny green ink only suitable for editing documents. This ink was a nice discovery for me since it gives a nice shading which MB Racing Green does not have.

In my current rotation:

Pelikan 400 Brown Tortoise/14K Fine/J. Herbin Cafe des Iles

Lamy 2000/14K Medium/Lamy Blue-Black

Sailor 1911 Large burgundy/21K Naginata Togi Medium/Diamine Oxblood

Montblanc 146/14K Fine/Montblanc Racing Green

Rosetta blue/Steel Pendelton cursive italic/Pelikan Royal Blue

Delta Passion/18K Broad/Diamine Syrah

I adore this ink. I only have a sample bottle so I use it carefully, because as far as I kow its impossible to get in Europe. (If anyone else knows different please tell me). Right now its in a Geha Schullfuller med steel nib, which has a little flex, and it shades magnificently

It is so beautiful, I may well ask a US friend to grab me some and post it on...

I adore this ink. I only have a sample bottle so I use it carefully, because as far as I kow its impossible to get in Europe. (If anyone else knows different please tell me). Right now its in a Geha Schullfuller med steel nib, which has a little flex, and it shades magnificently

It is so beautiful, I may well ask a US friend to grab me some and post it on...

Missing Pen in Germany has it. Never had call to order from Rolf, but he's got a good reputation around here, and is a FPN member to boot. I think orders for non-German speakers are done via email.

Ryan.

Hi,

Many thanks for the fine Review!

When you write with your normal cadence at speed, does the ink appear all so much different? Especially the shading with the narrower nibs?

Bye,

S1

Given that several of the inks in my collection owe their presence to your reviews, I am more than happy to return the favor. I have dropped a number of unsubtle hints to my wife about rikyu-cha, so I'm hoping that Santa comes through for me.

There's nothing indelicate or indiscreet about your question. I'm sure you can do better. Anyway, the short answer is no. The ink appears pretty much the same when writing in my normal hand at speed. Here's a 300dpi scan of the same passage written in my normal style (or whatever you want to call it) with the Sailor 1911, medium nib. The shading is more subtle than with broader nibs, but it's definitely there.:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5169/5247916030_514a64a81d_b.jpg

The only thing I really notice that's different with the finer nibs is that the lubrication is a little less. Certainly not an issue, just that the nib feels a wee bit toothier than it does with some of the better lubricating inks.

Hi,

Outstanding!

I am sooo glad that SVM keeps it together at pace, and from the narrow nibs too. Definitely doesn't need things to be 'just so' for that Look to be generated and maintained. Far too many of the inks I've looked at will only demonstrate shading with wider nibs on hard smooth paper, which I think is a shame really. Those who prefer the narrow nibs should not have to forgo shading. (And just because shading is not so noticeable from the narrow nibs, does not mean that it is not being perceived and enhancing the reading experience. Ditto for line-edge quality.)

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

• 2 years later...

This ink shades nicely. I have a Sailor Realo M nib also, it is one pen that will never shade whatsoever for me. I'll grab a bottle and try with my pens. Thank for the review.

Looks like a very lovely green :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time