Montblanc Ballpoint Pen Opinions?

JRCM

I've got three. Meisterstuck Classique which I've had for about 10 years. I got my Starwalker when they were originally released. I also have a Fitzgerald. Never had an issue with any of them and would recommend them to anyone.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dapv

• JRCM

• flaneur

• drgt

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept "borrowing" one or the other of my husband's for, oh, about 20 years now, until I bought my own burgundy 164R, just a few days ago. I wanted a brighter color.

I would say stainless steel feels cold. The resin ones feel wonderfully smooth, in my opinion. Use a little caranuba wax and they shine up beautifully.

Grab one for yourself, and you will never regret it.

Edited by Sunflowers

I've recently got a 161 GT in black. That's Montblanc's big ballpoint. It is a little cumbersome to carry in a shirt pocket due to its length. It's the best twisting mechanism I've tried. But it is, like any other MB's resin writing instrument, not drop-friendly. As a matter of fact, they sell you spare barrels at boutiques.

My sister dropped her MB Mozart ballpoint once and broke its barrel. She got a replacement barrel at her boutique for about 90 USD.

Mi blog "Mis Plumas Fuente" contiene evaluaciones en lengua Castellana, muestras de escritura y fotografías originales de las plumas en mi colección.

Visítenos en http://misplumasfuente.wordpress.com/

I have a starwalker ball point. Make sure you don't get one.

It's probably the worse pen I've ever used lol.

That's just me though.

I find the fusiform shape of the section very comfy and actually more comfy than the Meisterstuck bps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_6914-1.jpg

• 3 years later...

Nice thread necro!

I had a 164 ballpoint in the 80's. Worked fine but what's the point of a high end ballpoint (or rollerball)? All they are are refill holders. Different than a fountain pen.

I can still say I am still a fan of MB BPs, RBs & FPs (Meister & Starwalker, but more Meister) simply because they're comfortable in my hand and grip. And, I've never had any issues with them other than price. The Boheme style does not work as well for my hand, but if it did I would not hesitate to own one. I will say the Boheme does feel more substantial/sturdy to me than the other two I mentioned. Buy it, enjoy it, don't over think it - it's something you want, not something you will ever need.

CFTPM

I carried a 164 ballpoint and alternated between black and blue medium refills and I loved that pen. It was my one bit of luxury at work until finally it fell out of my pocket somewhere in my workplace and I never recovered it (yet).

I've always heard they will shatter but mine fell out several times on a rubberized hard surface and never had any problems.

Nice thread necro!

I had a 164 ballpoint in the 80's. Worked fine but what's the point of a high end ballpoint (or rollerball)? All they are are refill holders. Different than a fountain pen.

My thoughts too. I put out on another thread that I had a work colleague who just bought roller ball refills and used them "as is".

Peter

My thoughts too. I put out on another thread that I had a work colleague who just bought roller ball refills and used them "as is".

Now, that's a minimalist to be sure :^) He/she must have had the nimble fingers of a surgeon.

CFTPM

I find the fusiform shape of the section very comfy and actually more comfy than the Meisterstuck bps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_6914-1.jpg

I own three Starwalkers. They are very ergonomic writers.

I have to laugh at myself (and my earlier comment in this thread) as I've made a bid on a 161 ballpoint just because. I'd said I had a 164, it was a 161.

I would really like to hear from someone who's tried or owns a new Cruise collection ballpoint. :)

me too, but what I have heard is its very much like the discontinued generations ballpen but only feels more premium.