Pilot Parallel Pen

WontonST

I have the entire set as well, and I love them! They do write very wet but they perform very well on Rhodia pads. As far as ink goes, I believe you can convert the pens to an eyedropper fill. I haven't done that yet though. I have only refilled the cartridges with other fountain own ink. I am going to try to put in some Chinese Calligraphy brush ink, or sumi-e ink(?).

My favorite feature of these Parallel Pens is the ability to rotate the nib while writing. I have never been able to get hairline flourishes on my crisp italics as I can with the Parallels.

Btw, great idea on the highlighter. I never thought of that but will now try. Thanks! :thumbup:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Struthious

• WontonST

• lovemy51

• opus7600

VERY HELPFUL INFO

notworthy1.gif THANK YOU FOR THIS:

I'll let you in on a secret.

• You can use the Pilot con-20 pump converter
        with your favourite fountain pen ink.
      • Another option is empty one of the ink cartridge that came
        with your Pilot Parallel and fill it with you favourite fountain pen ink.

I feel a lot more like I did before than I do now.

If you really want to bring it upscale, get one of the turners on the board to make you a more robust body than the flimsy gray plastic one it comes with. See here.

I have one---it's a smaller nib, maybe a 1.5?? It's filled with the orange cart out of the box of multicolored carts, and I like it. Yes, it's a little cheap-looking, and feeling, but for under $15 how can you lose?

Nice writing sample!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very happy with these pens. So I have 10 pens now - for different ink-size combinations.

I use them in making drawings. Mostly with noodlers inks, because I want a reliable ink (see ink the revealing durability tests on this site). I even use tushe (Koh I Nor Hartmut tushe) to get a propper yellow - I would'nt dare try to do that in a fountain pen or my Lamy caligraphy pens. But here it works fine.

The pens are a bit juicy, as described, but that also has some advantages in my case.

The converter is no problem at all to me: I mostly use the pump converter that comes with the pen. In response to the discussion here I installed a spare Pilot con-50 piston converter in one of the pens - and it works fine. No problem at all. Just make sure it is pushed in properly. I have also tried the eyedropper method - but I am not sure wether it makes the pen even more juicy. So I stopped that again.

:)

Lennart

(Nice to get all your experiences, I learn a lot on this site, thanks.)

• 1 year later...

Oh wow... I just tried treating the American Eel inks as if

they were Pilot inks in my Parallel pens...

and they mix in this really cool way.

Please disregard my disregard for properly formed calligraphic letters,

and just check out the inks blending... I think it's interesting

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5081/5296566109_bb57ba3b57_b.jpg

Can you explain a bit more how you got this effect? Thanks!

Can you explain a bit more how you got this effect? Thanks!

Take two Pilot Parallels, each loaded with a different mixable ink color. Touch the tips to each other, hold there briefly, then begin writing.