Fountain Pen Restoration Services

Tom Heath

Tom recently finished restoring a Parker 21, Parker 51 and Sheaffer Snorkel for me. I'm very happy with the outcome of the repair work and will be keeping Tom on my list for future repairs. Turn around time was excellent as was his communication via emails. All issues were handled in a timely and professional manner.

I do not hesitate to recommend Tom's services! :thumbup:

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Heath

• surflord

• PeppWaves03

• Skeet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom, could you give us an idea of what we could expect for typical turn around time (is the 10 days quoted above for the Parker 51 about par for other brands/models? Do you do any nib regrinding, smoothing and/or customization?

Thanks

My expected turn around for most pen restorations including 51 Vac fillers is still 10 days or less

I do nib smoothing and straightning but I prefer to leave regrinding to others with that skill.

If you have a specifice pen with a specific issue please do email me.

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Thanks

Tom

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

Just had Tom restore 2 pens I got from my grandparents -- a 1930s no-name (well, it has my grandmother's name on it...) and a Sheaffer flat-top that was lacking a cap. He cleaned and re-sacced both, sold me a nice cap for the Sheaffer, and I had the pens back within a week of shipping them to him! Can't beat that!

I would not hesitate to send Tom more pens or to recommend him to others. I'm quite pleased! :bunny01:

Best regards,

Natalie

Natalie Cooper

~~~~~~~~~~

Tom, what's the ballpark on a Vac Major nib replacement? How about reparing a chip in the lip of a striped duofold cap - is it even possible? Lastly, do you offer cap refrosting? Regards, Nimesh

Tom, what's the ballpark on a Vac Major nib replacement? How about reparing a chip in the lip of a striped duofold cap - is it even possible? Lastly, do you offer cap refrosting? Regards, Nimesh

Hi Nimesh

The vac major nib are you supply the replacement nib or am I labor to remove and reset vac nib is $ 25.00 incl testing flow.

Replacement fine or medium as available about $ 25 to 30.00 & I keep old nib

As far as a chip in a striped duofold It might be easier to locate a replacemeent cap. The cap materials on most

Striped duofold is very thin and the graining runs with the stripe trying to cut in a piece would be very difficult and may not be permanent. If suitable material is available it may be possible to take the cap band off and cement a complete band about 3/8" around and then reset the band.. a costly sand time consuming process but probably more permanent.

Unless this is the oversized deluxe model it may not be worth the effort.

Standard sized pens are generally available in the $125 TO 150 and won't have the repaired issues.

Yes I do 51 cap refrosting the cost is $30.00 + postage

Thank you for your inquiry, I hope this helps if you have any other questions , just ask away

Tom

Tom Heath

Hi Tom,

I need a replacement tapered section for a Parker 16 BHR. The section is broken and the nib and feed will not stay in place. I also need two overlay clips for for Eversharp Skylines.Please can you help on these items.

Rob

Edited by rob32836

Just received a silver pearl Vac and a striped Duofold back from Tom - great work and each one is a pleasure to write with. Thanks Tom!

Anna

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I need a replacement tapered section for a Parker 16 BHR. The section is broken and the nib and feed will not stay in place. I also need two overlay clips for for Eversharp Skylines.Please can you help on these items.

Rob

Hi Rob I just saw this post..

Wow, Both of these are difficult... I would suggest someone like Mark Hoover to make the Parker 16 Part you need.

The Skyline over the top clips will have to be Cannibalized from other pens. Unfortunately I do not have any candidates at this time.

Thanks for asking

Tom

Tom Heath

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for getting back to me regarding the service for the three Sheaffer's Tom. I'll have them to you when they all arrive. Take care,

Allen

• 3 weeks later...

Still have only a 7 to 10 day turn around for most American made Pens

Lever fillers' just $ 22.00 complete restoration incl. New Sac, complete ultra sonic cleaning and hand polishing

Vacumatic, PFM's TD Snorkels are $ 30.00

please add $ 3.00 return postage or $ 5.95 for priority mail USA. International repairs welcomed

Questions invited,

email: penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath