The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Amigdala (you & Me) Yellow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brumxi

brumxi

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:10

Hi there,

Below you will find my handwritten review of the Viscont Amigdala yellow.

All comments and suggestions regarding the pen, paper, ink and handwriting are very much appreciated.

Best regards,

M.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Euh, NOT to be considered a nail ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by brumxi, 06 November 2010 - 12:31.

Respectfully disagreeing since 1978.

Sponsored Content

#2 MassTahDohn

MassTahDohn

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:17

Wow!!!!! :o that has to be one of the hand written pen reviews I've seen!!!! :)

I can't wait to see all of the pictures, it's a great pen!!!!
Every time there is a negative in life there is always a positive. A failed test, a relationship gone sour. Whatever it may be, your life is not over. If you dwell on the negative you can`t see the world with the right eyes. There is a positive in every moment, even if it is small. Try your whole life to find that positive and live off of it and you will be loved. My blog... Check it!!!

#3 mollzo

mollzo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 14:17

Very nice review!

You get a lot of info into it, and the close-up photo where you get all the details is great!!! :thumbup:

-Morten

#4 Ipno Tizer

Ipno Tizer

Would you like iron in your gall, Sir?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 November 2010 - 19:51

I've experienced nib problems similar to the ones you report, a sort of greasy resistance and occasional skipping, particularly on the downstroke. These are often newness in the nib and will dissapear with use.

Washing the pen through with water will often help and there will probably be instructions about this with the pen.

Sometimes people advise washing new pens through with a weak detergent. Bear in mind though, that some manufacturers discourage this practice, so only do this if you know it won't cause any damage.

The best remedy to this is heavy use.

Incidentally, I find that holding the nib still on the paper for a split second before making the downstroke can often help.

Regards.
Chris B.

Edited by Ipno Tizer, 06 November 2010 - 19:59.

#5 tawanda

tawanda

Over the hill but refusing to wear roller skates

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:22

I love that pen!! I received a Van Gogh midi in a trade which skips a little on the downstroke now and then (I was made aware of this before trading) and it doesn't really bother me too much. If it did it every time it would be a different matter. Apart from that, I love it, and am hoping to trade for a couple more in the future.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to cure it? Do pass on your knowledge if so.
For Sale:
Penman Ink http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/11952-penman-mocha-ink/
Pilot Elite (Short-Long)http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/11951-pilot-elite-short-long/

Sponsored Content

|