I Think I Lost My Twsbi...

cadfael_tex

My wife asked me if I was enjoying using my FP's and I said yes. Then I started thinking, had she ever even used one? I asked her and sure enough she had never written with a fountain pen whatsoever. This morning I let her choose between my Snorkel and TWSBI. She chose the TWSBI and jotted a couple of things down. She wasn't overwhelmed but she kept it to keep trying out. Maybe I've made a convert :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cadfael_tex

• Wolverine1

• Jimmy James

• Treecat

The better news is that she took the pen you can more readily replace. I'd be very sad at even my wife taking over one of my best 3 or 4 Snorkels because they have so much individual character.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

My TWSBI arrived a couple days ago. Its the 1st FP that my husband has taken an interest in! He asked my to show him how all the little parts work and how to take it apart and put it back together. I caught him watching the assembly video on youtube! I think TWSBI has another convert and my husband will be getting a shiny new FP in his stocking this Christmas!

~Jade

~ Jade

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.pnghttp://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/CxTPB/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

I couldn't resist ordering one, and it looks very cool, and the nib has so much character, something like a narrower version of the Sailor naginata-togi. But I find that it's much too short without the cap and much too long with the cap posted. Also, the section is just so darn uncomfortable for me to write with. I think it's just not meant for people with large hands, unfortunately.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776

Just an update. My wife is really enjoying using it now too. Handed her my Lamy Safari and after a couple of words she handed it back to me.

I gave my wife a TWSBI as well. She loves it. (Her first fountain pen) :)

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

My GF tries to steal my TWSBI all the time... I refuse to let it go! I'll probably get her one for Christmas though as a stocking stuffer ;)

Just an update, my wife referred to the TWSBI today as 'that pen you gave me.' Think it's definitely hers now :)

Just traded a seldom used Safari for another one. Should get here next week I hope. :)

My GF tries to steal my TWSBI all the time... I refuse to let it go! I'll probably get her one for Christmas though as a stocking stuffer ;)

Dr. Grace above may be willing to part with theirs....

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown