The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Replacement J Section?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Clifford

Clifford

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:12

I can't post in the Wanted section yet, and I want something that can stay open for a while, so here goes. I got a black J on eBay very inexpensively, especially given the condition (only a chip to the cap jewel to count against it). However, when I went to put in a new sac, I found that the section was in terrible shape. The top sleeve that the sac fits over is half missing, and it looks like someone took a drill bit to the inside. You get what you pay for I guess.

My question is, does anyone know where I can find a black section for a J to replace it? Like I said, it's otherwise in good shape, and the nib still writes beautifully so I'd hate for it to sit uncompleted in a drawer forever.

Thanks
Clifford

Sponsored Content

#2 Truppi327

Truppi327

Noodler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 13:12

You could try finding a beat up J that is only good for parts and scavenge a section from there.

There are others who know a lot more about acquiring Estie parts. I'm sure they will chime in with suggestions.
Best,
Mike Truppi

8/24/10

#3 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 13:30

if you send me a pm (so i don't forget about you) i'll give you what i got. I've got a few sections I have no use for.

Hope it will help.

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#4 DanDeM

DanDeM

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 17:14

And then there are the Pro's, Brian Anderson (http://www.esterbrook.net/index.shtml) and Ron Zorn (http://www.mainstree...s.com/index.htm ). Both are members here.

#5 ndookhoo

ndookhoo

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:50

Hello all, I am also in search for an Esterbrook model J section... any help would be greatly appreciated. 

#6 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,931 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:13

Hello all, I am also in search for an Esterbrook model J section... any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Where in Calif are you?

Problem:  Because the pen barrel sometimes shrinks, fitting a section is trial and error, to find one that will fit YOUR pen.

When I fix Esterbrooks, I have to keep the section with the barrel, so I can put the same section back into the barrel.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 25-27, 2017 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Sponsored Content

|