The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Is This A Rare Nazi Pen Or A Fake?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think it is worth? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it rare or is it a fake?

1. Rare (4 votes [5.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

2. Fake (70 votes [94.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 94.59%

Vote

#1 sbagley

sbagley

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:22

I purchased this pen at a flee market in Sofia Bulgaria, summer of 2001, for $80.00 US.
The nib it to long, when the cap is screwed all the way down the nib's point pushes the snow cap out of the cap. The snow cap is made of, or has a piece of cork attached to it. The nib is not a Mont Blanc, I have read that Mont Blanc may have used off-brand nibs during this period of production. The nib has a mountain goat (Bock) over a mountain range and is lettered "IRIDIUM" @ "CHROM" ?Sp?
The snow cap is light tan in color, not white.
The print on the side of the cap reads in english, "Germany 1939". It may have been an export pen to England or United States supporters of the Nazi party. There was a large (20,000)gatheing of Nazi supporters (Bunds) in Madison Square Garden, NY in 1939.
The pen has a short ink reservoir window. The piston appears in the window and looks to be made of cork.
There is no serial or model number on the pen or cap.
The word MONTBLANC on the clip and band is followed by "925", presumed to indicate sterling silver.
In the word "MONTBLANC" on both the clip and band, the letter "A" does not have a horizontal line but a small black triangle appearing as a teepee.
Is it real, frankenstein, or a fake?
What is it worth?

Montblanc 009.JPG Montblanc 015.JPG Montblac 050.JPG 001.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 shaqin93

shaqin93

Awesome!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:30

If it's genuine, it would be rare.
If it's fake, it would also be rare! :roflmho:

#3 FredRydr

FredRydr

Have Pen. Will Travel.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:35

I don't believe Montblanc would allow such a shoddy piece of bent flat metal be released into the market in 1939, 2001 or 2010. Didn't you read the replies in your first thread, about the Nazi knock-offs in Sofia? A poll isn't going to resolve the issue.

You got what you paid for.

Fred

Edited by FredRydr, 26 October 2010 - 12:41.

#4 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:38

As I recall a Nazi Montblanc came up at auction in London (Hampstead) during the summer. It went for good money (£300+ I think), and if I recall correctly the swazika logo was actually where the white star currently sits on a rather flat topped tassie.

#5 penparadise

penparadise

- - - - - - - - - - - -

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:51

This is a complete fake! Clip is fake, pen is fake.
Looks like some other well known fakes from Eastern Europe.
Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

#6 sbagley

sbagley

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:56

I don't believe Montblanc would allow such a shoddy piece of bent flat metal be released into the market in 1939, 2001 or 2010. Didn't you read the replies in your first thread, about the Nazi knock-offs in Sofia? A poll isn't going to resolve the issue.

You got what you paid for.

Fred

Fred,

I did read the replies to the first thread, it was my first ever posting and this is the only fountain pen I have ever purchased. I thought I might get more replies if I posted under the Montblanc forum. I suspect it is a fake, but I expectd there would have been more than one out there and hoped to find out more about the pen, real or fake.

#7 InkyWink

InkyWink

Molon Labe!

• Member - Gold

• 887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:59

Pay no mind to those ranting naysayers! They simply are envious of your discerning mind and ability to spot rare and valuable opportunities! Now I'd love to have a chat with you about some prime land in Florida, just slightly submerged or, if you are game, a rare and wonderful bridge in Brooklyn that might appeal to a man of your means...

PM me!

Posted Image

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

#8 yus2001fr

yus2001fr

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 13:04

For me it's a fake,

the logo looks like the moderne one, but in the 30s, Mont Blanc uses commonly the mountain on the cap.

Yves

Edited by yus2001fr, 26 October 2010 - 13:11.

Posted Image
aka Petitdauphinzele

#9 Maxpens

Maxpens

Max

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 13:12

Some others from Sofia...

http://www.maxpens.d...tagefakes02.htm
http://www.maxpens.d...tagefakes04.htm
http://www.maxpens.d...intagefakes.htm
http://www.maxpens.d...tagefakes03.htm

kind regards

Max
HANDMADE PENS : www.astoriapen.hamburg ; REPAIRSERVICE : www.maxpens.de ; by MONTBLANC recommended repair service for antique pens

#10 yus2001fr

yus2001fr

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 13:14

For an expert opinion, see with www.maxpen.de

just too late ^^

Edited by yus2001fr, 26 October 2010 - 13:15.

Posted Image
aka Petitdauphinzele

#11 Biber

Biber

...but that was another lifetime

• Member - Gold

• 1,476 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 13:59

I don't think that even the Nazis would associate with that clip! TR era metal work is usually exquisitely fine in quality of its details. By comparason, this looks like it was made with a sharpenned screw driver and a nail file.
"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

#12 Pen Nut

Pen Nut

"You open one safe door and another one closes"

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 14:08

Still a fake I am afraid. As I said in my initial post to you this market does all manner of Nazi copies. Some of the daggers are knocking around and are truly dreadful and still seem to chnage hands for good money to those with the untrained eye.

Money may not make you happy but I would rather cry in a Rolls-Royce

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

#13 sbagley

sbagley

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 14:14

Pay no mind to those ranting naysayers! They simply are envious of your discerning mind and ability to spot rare and valuable opportunities! Now I'd love to have a chat with you about some prime land in Florida, just slightly submerged or, if you are game, a rare and wonderful bridge in Brooklyn that might appeal to a man of your means...

PM me!

Posted Image

I can swim, how many acres you got.

#14 InkyWink

InkyWink

Molon Labe!

• Member - Gold

• 887 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 14:23

PM me!

Posted Image

ROFLOL! I do appreciate a man that can maintain a sense of humor under all conditions!

A proud member of the Pittsburgh Fountain Pen Club

Fall Down 7, Stand Up 8

#15 zubipen

zubipen

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 15:31

As I recall a Nazi Montblanc came up at auction in London (Hampstead) during the summer. It went for good money (£300+ I think), and if I recall correctly the swazika logo was actually where the white star currently sits on a rather flat topped tassie.

This one?

Posted Image
Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

Posted Image

#16 meiers

meiers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,740 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2010 - 22:56

FAKE

#17 Clydesdave

Clydesdave

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 930 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 23:08

I don't know anything about the pen being fake or genuine, but I think it's pretty neat anyway. If it holds ink and writes well, it's probably worth the money, although I don't know if I'd show that in my pocket. I have enough trouble with my Diablo. :vbg:
At Your Service,
Clydesdave

#18 northlodge

northlodge

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,381 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:41

This one?

Posted Image

Yep, That looks like the one (I did not bid for it, but was in the auction room). So have you been searching the auction brochures.... or has some guy in Sofia been listing the same product in London & Mexico :glare:

#19 cwnidog

cwnidog

Blue's A Nice Color

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2010 - 21:05

PM me!

Posted Image

A classy reply. +10 for style :ltcapd:
What's so funny about Peace, Love, and Understanding?

#20 Lava Fountain

Lava Fountain

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Location:I Have Become Comfortably NUMB : | on The BLACK Drop ~!~

Posted 28 October 2010 - 20:34

... because of I've recently inherited an extra 100 acres of great waterfront property in Atlantis [from a long lost & old forgotten relative] :yikes: you can it have for free, unfortunately I've lost the map so you'll just have to swim around for a bit till you spot it, any good @ dogpaddling :gaah: :bunny01:

> Most certainly a good sense of hummor is needed on this site or any others @ any given time as most have witnessed to endure some of the responses with very sharp & pointed ends.

Good for you for your response.

Cheers.

ps... no idea on the pen itself :bonk:

Sponsored Content

|