Call For Nominations For 2010 Goldspot Reader's Pen Of The Year

thoddomas

post-16053-017396100 1287424450.jpg

It's that time of year again! While the political pundits are posturing themselves for polls this November, pen people can voice their point by picking the Pen of the Year for 2010. We need nominees from you, the pen-loving public, for your favorite choice of pen that was released in 2010. That could also include new finishes or colors of a pen model that has been around longer than the last year.

We'll sort through your comments to compile the most complete list of nominees to vote on starting Tuesday, November 2nd (Election Day). Voting will last one week and will conclude with the official crowning of this year's winner and a special discount on that pen for a limited time. The Poll & Results will be posted here and on our Goldspot Pens Blog.

Past winners include:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thoddomas

• jniforat

• Ghost Plane

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I vote for the TWSBI Diamond 530. This is a seriously great looking pen, a piston filler which is see through so that you can see the workings and how much ink is left. The TWSBI company has developed the pen with feedback from fountain pen enthusiasts including the FPN. Customer service is second to none. The first run of 300 pens sold to those who helped with development feedback were essentially what I would call RC pens (release candidate - software World term for the final step before production). Any issues that occurred such as piston sealing were dealt with courteously and quickly, not mentioning foc. There have even been instances where a user has damaged their pen and TWSBI has sent the necessary parts for no charge. It's rare to find customer service like this.

So I propose the TWSBI Diamond 530 for design, user inclusion and outstanding customer service. :thumbup:

I vote for the TWSBI Diamond 530. This is a seriously great looking pen, a piston filler which is see through so that you can see the workings and how much ink is left. The TWSBI company has developed the pen with feedback from fountain pen enthusiasts including the FPN. Customer service is second to none. The first run of 300 pens sold to those who helped with development feedback were essentially what I would call RC pens (release candidate - software World term for the final step before production). Any issues that occurred such as piston sealing were dealt with courteously and quickly, not mentioning foc. There have even been instances where a user has damaged their pen and TWSBI has sent the necessary parts for no charge. It's rare to find customer service like this.

So I propose the TWSBI Diamond 530 for design, user inclusion and outstanding customer service. :thumbup:

+1

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Thanks, everyone. Seems pretty one-sided so far. We don't carry these on our site, but I was so curious by the buzz surrounding the pen that I had to buy one from eBay.

You will be impressed with the TWSBI. I just received one myself and I doubt there's a better pen for the money, and in some cases, twice of thrice the money.

I can't speak to "best of 2010" not having seen any other of the new releases, but the Diamond 530 belongs on the list.

The Spirit of Life, by H Simpole.

I don't think I've ever before seen a pen that I was so terrified of harming accidentally because I didn't want to marr its beauty. It is simply amazing.

The design, workmanship & overall look were stunning.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

:embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile:

Thank you! I was hesitant to nominate my own design, but then I've already voted it pen of the year by selling half my collection to get it. So...

The Spirit of Life by Henry Simpole :thumbup:

We would have to have a list of the new releases to start with.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

+1 -- i need a list. Spirit of Life and Twsbi 530 are the only ones that currently come to mind.

+1 -- i need a list.

This thread is the process of generating that list, no?

Besides, if there's a pen you're not aware of yet, that means it hasn't gotten people talking, and if it hasn't gotten people talking, how can it be qualified to be the Pen Of The Year?

Definitely a +1 on the TWSBI Diamond 530. I don't think anything else has got people talking in quite the same way this year.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

My vote is for the TWSBI Diamond 530.

"No one can be a great thinker who does not recognize that as a thinker it is his first duty to follow his intellect to whatever conclusions it may lead. Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study, and preparation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think." -J.S. Mill, On Liberty

+1 -- i need a list.

This thread is the process of generating that list, no?

Besides, if there's a pen you're not aware of yet, that means it hasn't gotten people talking, and if it hasn't gotten people talking, how can it be qualified to be the Pen Of The Year?

Correct! Looking for nominees at the moment. Actual voting for Pen of the Year will commence on Election Day, November 2nd. Then, we will have a list of the candidates to choose from.

Visconti Homo Sapiens

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Definitely a +1 on the TWSBI Diamond 530. I don't think anything else has got people talking in quite the same way this year.

Agreed. :thumbup:

-mike

"...Madness takes its toll."

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4954883548_bb6177bea0_m.jpghttp://www.clubtuzki.com/sites/default/files/icon24.gifhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/5152062692_8037fd369c_t.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5152115656_e8d75849f1_t.jpg

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." – J.R.R. Tolkien

maybe the Edison Pearl Urushi?

Thanks for reminding us. I think the top contenders that I can think of are:

Urushi Pearl

Homo Sapiens

TWSBI

For all the beauty of the first and the novelty of the second, I think TWSBI should get it.