Noodler's Stylographic Creaper

dizzypen

The full version of this review along with all my others can be found at The Dizzy Pen.

Quick(ish) video review of the Noodler's Stylographic Creaper:

No Affil.

ETA: Writing sample at the end. Sorry.

Edited by dizzypen

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dizzypen

• StephY

• GOB Bluth

• jniforat

Thanks for the informative video.

I was not aware that Nathan had another pen model out. I was also not aware that fountain pen ink could be used in a rollerball.

Any problems with leakage from the tip?

Thanks for the informative video.

I was not aware that Nathan had another pen model out. I was also not aware that fountain pen ink could be used in a rollerball.

Any problems with leakage from the tip?

Not so far, but I've only just filled it.

Hey Dizzy, thank you, that was a nice video review. It's good you mentioned the Dollar similarity because I was wondering about that. A couple of questions: Is this pen already in the market, and if so do you know how much? I understand that the tip of this pen is replaceable. Did your pen come with replacement tips?

BTW, good to see you on video, so to speak. :)

I keep coming back to my Esterbrooks.

"Things will be great when you're downtown."---Petula Clark

"I'll never fall in love again."---Dionne Warwick

"Why, oh tell me, why do people break up, oh then turn around and make up?

I just came to see, you'd never do that to me, would you baby?"---Tina Turner

Thanks! That was most useful and informative. I'm another one curious about availability and price.

Edited to add that I found them at the bottom of the page here--currently out of stock, but more expected within a few days.

Edited by WendyNC

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

Dizzy, how wet is this pen?

Does ink laid down with it feather/bleed more or less than a similar pen (like your Dollar 717i) with the same ink?

I ask because I need to use an office-supplied diary at work that has truly execrable paper. The only ink that won't feather/bleed is Lamy Blue-Black in a Parker 45. Now while that is a perfectly respectable ink, it is boring. I'd like to use something like Visconti blue, or maybe even my new Wancher imari Blue, without the paper acting like toilet paper.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Thanks! That was most useful and informative. I'm another one curious about availability and price.

isellpens Scroll down to the bottom.

"Stylographic Rollerball with Ebonite Feed and Piston Fill by Noodler’s Ink18060 Clear Rollerball - $14.00 SOLD OUT - MORE ARRIVING ON 10/21"

Granny Aching

"Stylographic Rollerball with Ebonite Feed and Piston Fill by Noodler's Ink18060 Clear Rollerball - $14.00 SOLD OUT - MORE ARRIVING ON 10/21"

Someone else must be carrying these besides isellpens.com, right?

"Stylographic Rollerball with Ebonite Feed and Piston Fill by Noodler's Ink18060 Clear Rollerball - $14.00 SOLD OUT - MORE ARRIVING ON 10/21"

Someone else must be carrying these besides isellpens.com, right?

Not that I have found. Several folks carry his fountain pens, but not he creeper.

Hey Dizzy, thank you, that was a nice video review. It's good you mentioned the Dollar similarity because I was wondering about that. A couple of questions: Is this pen already in the market, and if so do you know how much? I understand that the tip of this pen is replaceable. Did your pen come with replacement tips?

Yes, the pen is on the market. As you can see from the replies, it's available at isellpens.com . It goes for $14. They are currently sold out.

Yes, the tips are replaceable, but no, it does not come with extra tips. For the extra tips you have to mail a letter and $1 to Noodler's. They will mail back the replacements.

Thanks for the comments/compliments. :)

Does ink laid down with it feather/bleed more or less than a similar pen (like your Dollar 717i) with the same ink?

I ask because I need to use an office-supplied diary at work that has truly execrable paper. The only ink that won't feather/bleed is Lamy Blue-Black in a Parker 45. Now while that is a perfectly respectable ink, it is boring. I'd like to use something like Visconti blue, or maybe even my new Wancher imari Blue, without the paper acting like toilet paper.

I haven't had any feathering bleeding issues, but then again Bad Blue Heron doesn't give me very many problems. The pen lays down a smooth line of average wetness. It's similar to my Lamy Vista, but not as wet a line as the Dollar 717i. It's average. Probably 5 of 10.

I'd imagine that Visconti Blue would work quite well in these pens.

Thanks for the reply, Dizzy!

Thanks for the review - very nicely done.

I have both Kaweco and Monteverdi refillable roller-balls. In both cases, the ball makes a grinding sound like writing on sand paper (with every type of ink I've tried). Does the Noodler's pen have a similar problem?

noodler's #41 brown makes it pretty wet. and yes, mine makes a noise when i write, particularly loud for long horizontal lines. no complaints, though, as it was $14.

Yes, the pen is on the market. As you can see from the replies, it's available at isellpens.com . It goes for $14. They are currently sold out.

Yes, the tips are replaceable, but no, it does not come with extra tips. For the extra tips you have to mail a letter and $1 to Noodler's. They will mail back the replacements.

Thanks for the comments/compliments. :)

I haven't had any feathering bleeding issues, but then again Bad Blue Heron doesn't give me very many problems. The pen lays down a smooth line of average wetness. It's similar to my Lamy Vista, but not as wet a line as the Dollar 717i. It's average. Probably 5 of 10.

I'd imagine that Visconti Blue would work quite well in these pens.

Thanks Dizzy,

It looks like this is another pen to go on my Must Have list, along with one of his clear pens for BSB, an'a Vacuum TWSBI, an'a Pilot Standard, an'a Platinum Plaisir, an'a Pilot 823 Custom... anybody want to make an offer on a First-Born, so I can afford these?

Granny Aching

The full version of this review along with all my others can be found at The Dizzy Pen.

No Affil.

Since it was a video... and looking over your shoulder I spied the ?4 pen vertical pen holder?

Any details on that please? Sizes... does it work for 'to hand' pens etc?

TIA Dave

----------------------------

Cambs, UK

http://www.dpawson.co.uk

Very informative review. I love the name, concept, and art that comes along with the pen, but I don't like the pen itself. I might pick up one for my mom though.

"Instant gratification takes too long."-Carrie Fisher

No Affil.

Since it was a video... and looking over your shoulder I spied the ?4 pen vertical pen holder?

Any details on that please? Sizes... does it work for 'to hand' pens etc?

TIA Dave

It holds three pens. I made it. :happyberet: