Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Ballpoint Pen

koolashy

Hi fellas,

I got one of new jotter, stainless steel, it's marked with new logo, first P and last one R letters are bigger than middle ones, written France and number 10. Quality is perfect, got it as gift.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• streeton

• pvector

• MLKirk

• Ford Madox Prefect

Hi fellas,

I got one of new jotter, stainless steel, it's marked with new logo, first P and last one R letters are bigger than middle ones, written France and number 10. Quality is perfect, got it as gift.

Could you please tell us where you purchased? Online? Price?

Thanks

Just received a Premium Shiny jotter today but the date code is 111Q. If the date code on mine is correct then Parker have gone back to the late eighties and 1990's date code system with the roman numerals before the QUALITY PEN. This would mean my pen is 1st Quarter 2010. @paulparker above said his was date coded 10. I wonder if a loupe was used to identify the date code because the diagonal on the Q is not clear unless it is seen through a loupe/magnifying glass. Another post here @Ford Madox Prefect also suggested that the code was a 0 (zero) as well. I wish I could show a photo but I don't own a camera ete etc. Either Parker have changed their coding for the French production models or the zeros (0) are really Q's.

This jotter does not have a country of origin engraved but the outer packaging suggests GB (UK)which would mean they were still in production at Newhaven in the 1st Qtr of this year.

I must say I am very impressed with the finish of this pen compared to the matte premium I bought some months ago which was poorly finished at the cap rim with numerous nicks - someone forgot to smooth out the roughness. The chiseling on the cap is also far superior to my matte model.

Edited by streeton

Hi fellas,

Thanks

Can't tell you that, as a gift I got it.

Just received a Premium Shiny jotter today but the date code is 111Q. If the date code on mine is correct then Parker have gone back to the late eighties and 1990's date code system with the roman numerals before the QUALITY PEN. This would mean my pen is 1st Quarter 2010. @paulparker above said his was date coded 10. I wonder if a loupe was used to identify the date code because the diagonal on the Q is not clear unless it is seen through a loupe/magnifying glass. Another post here @Ford Madox Prefect also suggested that the code was a 0 (zero) as well. I wish I could show a photo but I don't own a camera ete etc. Either Parker have changed their coding for the French production models or the zeros (0) are really Q's.

This jotter does not have a country of origin engraved but the outer packaging suggests GB (UK)which would mean they were still in production at Newhaven in the 1st Qtr of this year.

I must say I am very impressed with the finish of this pen compared to the matte premium I bought some months ago which was poorly finished at the cap rim with numerous nicks - someone forgot to smooth out the roughness. The chiseling on the cap is also far superior to my matte model.

Yeah, you right, considering 10, used magnifier and seen that it is not zero but Q, so my pen marked with 1Q instead of 10, the cap without P letter as was on previous models I think more convenient, on my previous jotter this letter kind of erasing with time.

• 3 weeks later...

Stainless Jotters are back in my local Staples. As above, same packaging with an added "Made in France" sticker over the UK on the back. Looks like they simply moved the tooling and restarted production.

I didn't buy one, I stocked up on UK produced SS Jotters when Rite-aid was closing them out.

Stainless Jotters are back in my local Staples. As above, same packaging with an added "Made in France" sticker over the UK on the back. Looks like they simply moved the tooling and restarted production.

I didn't buy one, I stocked up on UK produced SS Jotters when Rite-aid was closing them out.

The price has gone up slightly too at my local Staples. I also stocked up during the UK closeouts, but may pick up a new one just to have one of this year's model run.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellas,

Thanks

Mother in law bought me a SS Jotter for Christmas.

It is marked the same as paulparker noted.

Mine was purchased at a local arts supply store for $11 CDN.

In Ottawa, Ontario? Check out The Ottawa Pen Posse

Hey folks

I have yet to see the new Jotter hit the shelves here in Calgary at Office Depot or Staples. Seems they have been depleted for the last few months. Most of mine are made in the UK or US and my latest stainless steel ones I purchased from Office Depot a couple years ago. I'm wondering if Parker is still making the "regular" Jotter as we know it or have they switched to only the Premium to capture the upscale market?

With regard to my flighters I have four and three of them have plastic inserts in the cap and metal threads on the barrel, the fourth is one I've had since the 80's and it has metal threads/insert on the cap and barrel and was made in the US.

I've only ever had one Jotter with a problem with the plastic threads since they started this 30 years ago. The outer cap fell off the plastic insert. That pen was part of a two pack that was briefly sold a few years ago. Having used Jotters since the early 70's I don't really think this is an issue. One in 40 years that did this.

This particular Jotter had a stainless steel cap and a green plastic barrel. Actually I liked that dark green and wished Parker still made it.

Rowdy

• 2 months later...

I have a couple of NEW plastic Blue barrel Jotter Ballpoint/Pencil sets - made in France. The metal tip where the refill comes out is not "chromed" it is either aluminium or brushed steel and either way it is awful as both the pen and pencil are already severely pitting - very obvious when using a loupe. Also check under a loupe and you will see that the stainless steel cap is minutely pock marked (pitted). My UK sets (from just a year or two earlier) don't show these flaws. EDIT: - an interesting sidelight to these France made sets is that the pencil still has the parker logo on the button - obviously Parker doing what they have always done.... that is use up their old stocks.

Disclaimer: This is merely a commentary on my two sets only, and not intended as a "quality" comparison between countries of manufacture, although I will be reluctant to purchase any more "made in France" plastic barrel versions until I'm convinced the quality has improved. 2 sets and both duds is a little unsettling.

Edited by streeton

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a red one and it was pitted and poorly imprinted as well. Looks to me like the stainless steel quality has changed. I wonder (out loud) where Parker is sourcing it's raw materials. Sub-standard for the application in my opinion. :glare:

Mike Kirk

(~==]=====]]

Penfindum Restorum

Memberhttp://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/bps_pin_2013_zps75ed3895.png http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j316/mikelkirk99/Pen%20Misc/pca_logo100x100_zps688ac2a8.png

Whatever got into Parkers heads not to "Chrome" the metal support ring on the plastic jotters is beyond me - it just looks like someone forgot to do the chroming process - just bare pitted metal - c'mon Parker, you can do better than that.

currently in canada visiting, passed an antique shop, owner had the nerve to charge 22 dollars for a parker ss jotter.

also had a flighter bp for 29 and other fps

currently in canada visiting, passed an antique shop, owner had the nerve to charge 22 dollars for a parker ss jotter.

also had a flighter bp for 29 and other fps

Very similar to Australian Newsagents prices - AUD29.95 (US31.50) for CT Flighter BP and AUD36.95 (US38.80) for the GT Flighter BP. They were discounted recently to make way for the French made jotters. I think Australia and Canada are about par with their retail pricing. People rarely buy from Newsagents though because the pens are always locked up behind glass doors.

Edited by streeton

You can buy a new SS Jotter here for $11.

Edited by Black Rose

In Ottawa, Ontario? Check out The Ottawa Pen Posse

• 2 weeks later...

jotter metal barrel connector buckles under force. As you all know, if you drop the ss jotter on a hard surface, over time the middle connector starts to move out of the barrel. What solutions have you come up with? I have occasionally struck it on a hard surface to force it back in, but this time, ive noticed it buckle, meaning the little protruding lip of the connecting piece.

jotter metal barrel connector buckles under force. As you all know, if you drop the ss jotter on a hard surface, over time the middle connector starts to move out of the barrel. What solutions have you come up with? I have occasionally struck it on a hard surface to force it back in, but this time, ive noticed it buckle, meaning the little protruding lip of the connecting piece.

Crikey Pvector, are you using your stainless steel jotter as a Dart.

Seriosly though you need a brass threaded SS jotter, this will handle a bit more abuse.